RCT Discussion / -Least Liked Spotlight-

• Scorchio%s's Photo
    Hey All ~ !

I know we have a Spotlight Forum to discuss releases and such, but I was wondering about the Spotlighted parks that did NOT make you think "Wow, that's great". The parks that automatically made you think "I can/Someone's gonna do better than that". I didn't start this to cause shit, though inevitable it may seem like that at first. I mean, c'mon, not ALL of you can like EVERY single NE Design or Spotlight that get's posted on the main page. So, if ANY, which Spotlight or Design did you NOT like, as much as previous ones?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    That Meadowbrooke Falls park sucked. I can't believe it actually, won, I mean, what was Iris thinking? He must have been brainwashed or bribed or something.

Oh wait...
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Oh yeah and those Tropico Parks look just alike...
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I didn't like UIX... yeah, it was "colorful" and yeah, it had a few ok coasters, but anyone could make a Freestyle Snowboarding ride - I was dissapointed to find out what it actually was...
  • Panic%s's Photo
    With all due respect to Aero, and I am thrilled by the screens of Walt Disney's Disneyland Utopia,

I was not too impressed by Wormwood. The problem I had with it was that all the areas were exactly as you would expect them to look. The scenery seemed to be used in a "what theme does this fit into" way, instead of "what can we create with this alongside other building pieces." Maybe it was the huge separation between walls and rooves used in various areas, but the areas seemed to be designed to fit a specific theming group only, not a specific theme. Basically one type of wall or roof or theming object seemed predominant in one area and not really in others, resulting in little overall atmosphere of the park. It looked like an experimentation into RCT2 scenery, a good one at that in the way he fit scenery pieces together within certain groups, but I didn't think it had the same kind of touch that most of the RCT1 spotlights had. Of course aero has already mastered this touch in RCT2 in Disneyland Utopia, in which he is as adept as anyone at it.

On a totally different matter, I thought this would be a good place to post this. This is for Iris. The NE Designs list has been rearranged and one of the designs is missing, Onosomi Mountain Trading Co. I never downloaded it, didn't know how good it was, but I noticed it was missing.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo

I didn't like UIX... yeah, it was "colorful" and yeah, it had a few ok coasters, but anyone could make a Freestyle Snowboarding ride - I was dissapointed to find out what it actually was...

"Ok" coasters? That park has some of the best coasters ever made.

I didn't like Cataclysm. The buildings were horribly boring and all the same for the most part.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

That park has some of the best coasters ever made.

In some peoples view yes, in mine, no...
  • Zephyr%s's Photo

anyone could make a Freestyle Snowboarding ride - I was dissapointed to find out what it actually was...

Anyone can build one, huh? Have you built one one yourself, or even seen another one?

Also, keep in mind this was the very first spotlight, several years ago.

I think all the spotlights have been great. Some are better than others, but they're all definitely very high quality.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I agree with Zephyr, that all the Spotlights have been chosen for a reason, and that reason may or may not appeal to you personally, but iris does a pretty good job of picking the best parks that appeal to the mass public in general.

My least favorites, are probabally one of the Tropico parks, and maybe Aero's Wormwood, but I don't know about that one.

Now favorites on the other hand, are much easier... UIX, LoV, DFK, DGA, MS, and Catalyst.

Yay.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Zephyr, you seem familiar..

I didn't like Elsinore Falls at all. It was wayyyy too blank, with lots of plain, static theming. It really threw me offguard when it got spotlight. Baaaaad Adix.

I didn't like Wormwood either. I really like Aero's park usually, but Wormwood struck the wrong chord. I don't know why, I just don't think its good.

And Disney's Beautiful World. Nate's first spotlight. I'm sure it was deserving at the time, but now as I look back...its very un-Disney. All brown, with coasters that aren't even planned. Yikes.

Thats it. All the rest of them I liked or learned to like.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Aero's Wormwood struck a 'flat' chord for me when it should've been a 'sharp' chord.

I haven't really viewed all of the spotlights, though, as I just got LL back onto my computer, so I'll post an update of any others.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    This will catch a LOT of flak, but mine's Euroscape.

Yes, that one.

Why? For me, the first map just didn't grab me. Some of the marketplaces were decent, but I never got the charmed feeling like everyone else did. It's the second map that had some clever theming ideas for RCT2, but it was only a mini (to make up for the sprite-limited area on the big one), and the spotlight doesn't seem to be made for minis to compete.

Oh well, I'm expecting backlash to the above, so fire away...

Kai :huey:
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Worst: Audrix Towers
    Best: Rivers of Babylon
  • cg?%s's Photo
    most of them make me think "icky", especially the ones which came after i stopped being a bitchy asshole, and tearing them to shreds (which two, maybe three, people should remember).

looking back, the ones i was tearing apart ended up being the best "new element" has ever had. :(
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    kind of depressing, eh cg?...?
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I think it's harsh to call any spotlight park "The Worst". I think all of them have their highs and lows, although some have more lows than highs. Anyways, my least favorite spolights are: Audrix Towers, Raindrop Riviera, Arnos Springs, Woodworm, Universal's Caribbean Seas Resort, California Disney Sea, Visions and Elsnore Falls. Thats quite a few, but I don't hate any of those parks. I just think those are the weakest of the spotlight parks. Even the weakest are still 10x better than most other parks.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    ALE hands down, cluttered, disorganized and uninspiring.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    OK, Make it "Least Favorite Parks" then - the word "hate" is such a strong word.

And no Zephyr, I haven't built one, but I was expecting something other than what it was. Overall, yeah I agree that all the Spotlights ARE good, but UIX just didn't grab me as much as the others.
  • mantis%s's Photo

You non-conformist you :D

At first I despised A:LE, but it grew on me like hell and now i'm a Nevis fan through and through.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

How dare you.. 8@

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading