RCT Discussion / Favorite/Least Favorite Runner Ups

• Ride6%s's Photo
    What runners ups to you love to death a prey will be promoted to spotlight someday? Which ones do you think should've never won the right to be a runner up in the first place? Please tell....

My Fav.s-
    *Disneys Mid America- Aero21's best released park to date IMO. Two maps of wholesum Disney Goodness. ImagiNation being the more refined but not really anybetter than the main map. Both are gorgius. I don't know what park was spotlight that round, but this should have been it.

*Emperor Of the Forgotten Relms- Pawns going away party that unleashed the best hacked coaster ever (IMO), awa-inspiring theming and other great coasters. Every coaster in the park (all 6) are incredable in their own ways. The theming is more detailed than many spotlight winners and Daemon is just wrong. The first ever 1/2 pipe, train splitting and the Space/Time seperator all on one wicked machine...

*Coral Creek Adventure World- Benni really pulled out all the stops here. The park is incredably busy with effects, from the best volcanic eruption ever, par none to a derailed train and all kinds of little explosions and splashes. The themed areas are well developed and the coasters are 1st class. The only real weakness of this park is the landscaping. There really isn't much height variation anywhere of any kind. But then again how many spotlights could be a accused of that? A pretty decent number...

*Fantastic Wonders- Timmithy really pulled of a great park here. Better than Aero's Wormwood IMO. The coasters aren't anything that special but the theming is inivative, powerful and eye-popping perfect. Where'd you go Timmy? ???

Least Fav.
    *Demensions- The theming ideas were invative but they weren't pulled off all that well. There are some good idea's here but that's about it. The coasters are decent (I have this thing for the impulse) but I hate the color usage in most areas. The archetecture is just a bunch of long rectangles without any real height or charecter variation. No offence to Kumba though, he's improved a lot since.

*Pike Creek- Roboparks really wandered into RCT2 with out a clue. The archetecture showed some hope of developing but the park was canceled only 1/4 completed and Roboparks nevery really gained anything from it. There are interesting bits here and there but this should've never made runner-up statis.

*Babylon- Austin Powers messed with my head a bit too much as I looked this park over. The color combination is just sick and the coaster's were too unothidox. I can see why it won but I'm not sure if it was really desirving. But then again I'm not sure if Sunburst Shores was worthy either....

That's all

ride6
  • jon%s's Photo
    Favourite:
    Atlas Infinitum.
    Beautiful park, Posix's best released park to date IMO. Really incredible. Should have been spotlight as it was better than Raindrop Riviera IMO.

Tula City
    Turtle's debut on NE is another of my favourite runner-ups. While the architecture and colours are really monotone, it is a nice park.

Least Favourite:
    Babylon.
    What were you thinking Iris. The colours in this park were simply vile, the coasters sucked and the architecture was random. Horrible park.

Sunburst Shores
    Not the worst park but not worthy of runner-up either. It had nice ideas but it just didn't cut it for me. I think ride6 is too overated anyway!

The Happy Place
    I really didn't like the colours of this park at all. It was a good idea and it was pulled off nicely. Just not my cup of tea though.

Fantastic Wonders
    This has to be NE's worst runner-up. Perhaps it as good when it was released but now it just doesn't appeal to me at all. And, Timothy Cross is also overated.

That is all, I doubt you'll agree with my final choice but it is my opinion.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    LEAST FAVORITE-

Big Top Circus Park: sorry supertrooper, but I dont think this park had any point really. The creativeness of it all was nice, but I thought it was messy and pointless.

Pike Creek: Maybe we could get a FINISHED park here? Nuff said.

John Williams- Through the Ages: It has too many themes and is really messy. Good ideas, though.

FAVORITES-

Coral Creek Adventure World: Great park by benni. Its a real breakthrough on his part, wonderful theming and hacking and the pyrotechnics are amazing. I really like the space area, incredible use of track pieces to make architecture. Damn.

Disneyland Mid-America: Unmistakable Disney atmosphere. Probably the best out of any parks, it actually LOOKS like Disneyland. Plus, its pure aero. It took a long time for this park to grow on me..but now its one of my favorites. Kudos to aero.

Glyphindel Oasis Dunes- WME's second best park next to Candlelight Times. Another breakthrough park also, he really started to come out of his shell, you can see the major improvement from Lost Era to Glyphindel..although Lost Era won spotlight. ??? Yeah. Nice job.

The Happy Place- It was lots of fun to look at. I like Micool's creativity alot, and he actually has balls when he makes a park. He's not afraid to try anything out of the ordinary. Great job.

Wasted Years- Another breakthrough park, lol. Twisted really shows his colors here, with nicely pulled off themes and hacks..looks really good.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Yes. I am overated, even I will admit to that. Sunburst Shores really wasn't that great. I don't even like it that much. When I was building it Sunburst seemed great. Yet by the end I saw how far I'd come and how I'd lost alot of my old parkmaking style (which was bad). Now I've left everything I learned there and busted into a whole new parkmaking light. I hope you'll like the "new" ride6 when Iris gets around to releasing Waters Of Civilization.

Anywho- I completely forgot about Glyphindel Oasis Dunes and Wasted Years. Those two are both great works of art from a couple rapidly rising stars here at NE. I have hot and cold feelings for the Happy Place. I love it if I'm in a goofy mood and everything "normal" just looks boring but when I'm not in a particularly goofy mood (which happens a couple times a week) then it looks horrable. Happyness is all relitive I guess. :yup:

ride6
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    I don't think you're overrated at all, ride6. You're not really underrated either.. you're just not really anything.

But here are mine:

Favorite:

Tinted Shores - This park really is a masterpiece of artwork. The colors are just perfect and it's just stunning to look at. It wasn't all that small as Iris said, but I could see why it didn't win Spotlight. Still.. there were a lot of creative ideas here.

Least Favorite:

Tula City - I'm VERY reluctant to say this because the architecture and landscpaping in the park were just amazing. However, it didn't really have any content. There wasn't much hidden under all those buildings.. and the park was very small. The single coaster in there looked like a sore thumb and didn't fit in at all.. colors were very unmatching as well. It looked like it was thrown in there last minute.
  • jon%s's Photo
    ride6, when I said you were overrated, I didn't mean your were crap. You've got talent for RCT but I just think that you are good enough yet to be have such high acclaim. But yeah I like your style.
    Sunburst Shores was only nice area by areabut as a whole park, it didn't seem the best. On their own, the areas were beautiful but once you mixed it with other areas, it ruined the overall feel of the park IMO.
    Anyway, looking forward to the post-Sunburst Shores style that you claim to have and good luck with Wters of Civilisation.

I'd like to add to my favourite's list:

John Williams, Through the Ages
    I loved this park for some strange reason, while it may be cluttered, it still is a good solid park. That future generation area also impressed me somuch for some reason.

Tinted Shores
    Beautiful park. Great idea, only thing that let it down was the map size. Architecture was fantastic and I enjoy looking through the park when I'm bored. I loved the corkscrew coaster.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Well the Sunburst Pier was the time during the park that I was really inspired. I know I got skills and I understand that being overated doesn't make anyone bad. I mean just look at Posix; he's a great neo-classical parkmaker but he gets more acclaim than he desirves (IMO). But he still is incredable in his own ways.

I know I got skill, I just have to put it to good use.

*Adds John Williams to least favorite list*- Too sloppy, too many themes, too many clashing colors.

*Adds Everquest Waters of the Past to Favorite Runner up list*- Great color usage and shit loads of creativity. One horrid coaster but everything else makes up for it.

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Fav's

- Fantastic Wonders
    - WB Haiwii (sp)
    - GoD
    - GoD
    - LT
    - SFHS
    - MLF

Non-Fav's

- SunBurst Shores
    - Nirvana
    - Pike Creek
    - Magnoil Gardens

thats all. you may notice i dont like my own park Nirvana, i just hate it more & more everyday. :|
  • mantis%s's Photo
    My favourite runner up parks (that haven't been upped to spotlight) are Disneyland Mid-America, Glyphindel Oasis Dunes, Mountain Vista, Atlas Infinitum, Stratford Fair, The Outer Banks, Oceania, WB Hawaiin Adventure and Wasted Years.

Oceania isn't on the runner-up pages though, for some reason.

I hope one of GoD, DMA or Oceania is promoted to spotlight at the next awards, as they deserve it most IMO.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    ride6, did you seriously just compare yourself to Posix? You must be confident...

I personally think Posix is a wonderful parkmaker, and he deserves all the praise he gets, and more. I understand why people may not like his style, as it's not instantly jaw-dropping, but once you look deeper, it's amazing.

My favorites are Oceania, GOD, Atlas Infinitum, Fantastic Wonders and Mountain Vista.

Least favorites, Pike Creek and Big Top Circus Park.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I really liked Big Top. It was fun.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    -Disneyland Mid-America
    This really should have been a spotlight. Aero executes perfectly here. He's got great ideas that are done perfectly. His architecture and his themeing are so refreshing to look at.

-Coral Creek Adventure World
    Very refreshing. There is so much creativity in this. I open almost daily to find something new. And that tram tour, one of the best rides ever made!

Other favorites:
    -Emperor of the Forgotten Realms
    -Citrus Beach California
    -Coral Creek Adventure World
    -Secrets of Venice
    -Universal's Tampa: Master's Legend
    -Atlas Infinitum
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    citrus beach calif
    coral creek
    disney mid america
    paradise falls ;)
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Bestest Most Favoritest:

Stratford Fair, Disneyland Mid-America, The Outer Banks...

Leastest:

Tinted Shores, Pike Creek, Lake Laramie (except for Redskin Ridge)...
  • Ride6%s's Photo

ride6, did you seriously just compare yourself to Posix? You must be confident...

Well, it wasn't my intent. I was just used someone who is better known than myself for an example of what someone who is overated but very, very good anyway. Yeah.

I never really fell in love with Stratford Fair, sorry Toon.

Citrus Beach California and The Outer Banks are also lovely but I'm not too sure about listing them as the absolute best. To me there are little tendencies in both that hold them back somehow. I can't really explain it...

ride6
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

Well, it wasn't my intent.  I was just used someone who is better known than myself for an example of what someone who is overated but very, very good anyway.  Yeah.

I never really fell in love with Stratford Fair, sorry Toon. 

Citrus Beach California and The Outer Banks are also lovely but I'm not too sure about listing them as the absolute best.  To me there are little tendencies in both that hold them back somehow.  I can't really explain it...

ride6

well, for the overrated but still really good anyways, you and posix are not alike in either of those categories.

Faves:
    ------
    yea Adam! Paradise Falls, baby. Heh. *toots horn*.

AMAZING Runner Ups:
    ------------------
    Atlus Infinitum - Posix
    Coral Creek Adventure Park - Benni
    Disneyland Mid-America - Aero
    Emporer of the Forgotten Realm - Pawn
    Everquest: Waters of the Past - Prince Ashitaka
    Glyphindel Oasis Dunes - Evil WME
    Secrets of Venice - RCTU (I'm partial, but I still think its very good.)
    Stratford Fair - ToonTowner (I heart Iago)
    The Wasted Years - Twisted
    The Outer Banks - Butterfinger
    Warner Brothers Hawaiian Adventure - Ozone and Aviator

EXCELLENT Runner Ups:
    --------------------
    Disney Extreme Orlando - X-Sector
    Fantastic Wonders - Tim Cross
    Forest of Nautica - Ozone
    Paradise Falls - Gymkid and Adam
    Garden of Desires - Junya Boy
    Mystilogica - Mortician, Ozone, Aviator
    Myths, Legends, Folklore - Mike and Mick
    The Burning Secret - Themeparkmaster
    Tula City - Turtle
    The Other World - Twisted
    Chronicles -Andrew(its not really excellent, just excellent for its age)
    Citrus Beach: California -Elrocko (ditto)

Everything else is between excellent and terrible

TERRIBLE Runner Ups (sorry I used the word terrible, it means that your park is terrible compared to the other runner ups, not that your park is terrible)
    ---------------------------------
    Babylon - AustinPowers (ugly)
    Dimensions - Kumba (ugly AND boring)
    Everquest: Lands of Shadow (really not too bad, but one of the worst everquests)
    John Williams Through the Ages - Marshy and Metro (someone explain to me why this park is "better" than any of the parks I listed in my AMAZING or EXCELLENT category...this park is one of my least favorite runner ups, someone fill me in why this is in top 50 over Teratina or Coral Creek)
    Mountain Frost Amusements - (not much to dislike, its eh.)
    Pike Creek - (dull)
    Sunburst Shores - (Messy)
  • sloB%s's Photo

Mountain Frost Amusements - (not much to dislike, its eh.)

Finally, someone mentions it. :p

For favorite, I gotta go with Atlas Infinitum. It's Posix and its delish.

For least favorite, I'd say Magnolia Gardens. eewww
  • Micool%s's Photo

For least favorite, I'd say Magnolia Gardens. eewww

Dude what are you puffing, that park is the classic.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Theres good classic and bad classic.
    That is most definitley bad classic.

I didn't like it when it was released.
    I don't like it now.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Hey ride6, here's another park to add to your list of least favorite runner ups:

http://www.nedesigns...unner_ups&s=iwv

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading