Custom Scenery Exchange / Something New

• Junya Boy%s's Photo
    I have been working on some scenery now for a couple of weeks. They are all architecture items, i.e. roofs, eaves, walls, fences, etc. One set it a new rock wall with the Spanish Tile roofs and the other is a new texture with the log roofs. The rock wall is not color changeable, but everything else between the two are. I should have them up whenever I feel like getting them together. I might just hold off and do some more and put them all in one tab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy :-)
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    hey do you know of any sites that have tutorials on rct art. Like the angle it's supposed to be at, and size etc.?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    :birthday: Iron Eves! :) thx man. i almost was about to get off my ass and make them myself :lol:
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

hey do you know of any sites that have tutorials on rct art. Like the angle it's supposed to be at, and size etc.?

You dont really need to know angles, you just need to know how to skew and place a texture/image so that it fits without messing up. Its quite hard to explain. I know for walls you just make a flat image and skew it in the object editor, as for roofs, you have to use a template to place them. The two roofs i used were already stored in game so it ws just a matter or deleting, copying, pasting, trimming, precision, and putting it together. I plan on making some tutorials soon for "a site" but i have no idea when they will be completed.

And Kumba, im glad you like them. I was about to skip out on them but i realized i use a lot of eaves as well....
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Please give us a release date!!!:'( I could really use these in my newest park, im hoping they will be here before i start work on my rides ;)

*EDIT* They look awsome btw, :)

Edited by *RiChiE*, 16 March 2004 - 05:14 PM.

• Junya Boy%s's Photo
    I was going to wait until i finished all i wanted to put into a architecture tab, but i guess i can release them all and then release a tab for them when complete. Ok, you can expect them before the weekend is over.

Edit: Remember those gravel walls i made back when. Im going to take them in, re-do them and make them a lot better. The roof will fit in more, and the walls will fat in place more. I was a n00b at this then. If i can find my old "marble walls" i will improve them too.

- - Junya Boy :-)
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Okay, its a day later and i spent most of today working on a new set actually. Its a much brighter looking stucco/gravel type wall. It has the same type roof as the so called gravel walls i made before, but the pattern is smaller, and more clean looking. Anywho, enough talking, on with the screens.

Here is the Stucco set.
    Posted Image

A sample of all three so far.
    Posted Image

A shot of a some paths im making.
    Posted Image Posted Image

Enjoy!
    - - Junya Boy :-)
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Fantabulistic!
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    These look really good. I can find many uses for all of them. I like the window you have in the last set you showed those are awesome!

The rock walls look great and could be used well in a dark/evil park.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Are you gonna make 1/4 building blocks to put in the tab with these?
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

Are you gonna make 1/4 building blocks to put in the tab with these?

I hadn't thought of that. I guess it wont hurt to make them since i see a lot of people using 1/4 blocks for posts and such. Who would know how helpful they may turn out.

Right now i'm really trying to decide which texture to use for my next set.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading