Custom Scenery Exchange / Fixed Error Trapper

• Junya Boy%s's Photo
    I have received error trapper in a lot of parks with custom scenery, and thus i just cleaned out mostly all of my folder when i reinstalled RCT2 and there was one from my park MI:LaS. I found this little tool, the DatChecker, and it checked the objects and come to find that nearly all of the paths made in the RCT Object Editor before the paths were actually supported (or at least the bug was fixed) have an error.

I notice some of these paths are used a lot, ie. my concrete block path. I have found only four since my folder was cleaned out. When i find more i will post them corrected. There was no editing to the ones that werent mine so i see no problem, i just fixed the error. Here are the fixed versions of the four paths i found.

Attached Files

• Panoramical%s's Photo
    *hero* my new park kept crashing. cheers junya

EDIT: hey it's still coming up...
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    there may be other objects that you have that cause the game to do such. Nearly all paths created back when the object editor that supported it first came out causes it. Its because they are path elements and act as paths but they're recognized as ride/shops. I had re-installed so those are the only paths i got. Other than the few i recently made.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    Hi JB! i´ve downed the file but i doesn´t have a cleu how to use it! so will you be so frendly to explain it to me?? ;)X
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    !!!SORRY for dubble post! SORRY!!!!

but can someone plz tell me how to use this handy tool?
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    the download isnt a tool, just certian pieces of scenery (paths in particular) that some have used often, and they have been fixed so that when loding the saved game you dont get an error trapper and a have it exit out. There are other pieces out there im sure i havent done because i have only a selected few items on my computer. As far as getting it to work, your probaably talking about "unzipping" the file. for that you need winzip. go here to get it: www.winzip.com
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    Tnkx Junya boy! i get it the pint! :scarface:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading