RCT Discussion / how did he do it?

• aero21%s's Photo
    I just downloaded Worlds of Excitement and i am wondering how Phantage did the hack that allows rides to vanish (ie, the slingshot ride) i could really use that hack in a few of my parks but i don't know what trainer or how it's done. A little help would be very apreciated.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    I think you can do it the same way you make invisible track. I believe you can do it with the 8 cars trainer by going into the 'edit ride stats' button and making the track type something like "seafood stand".. or some other stall.. and it should make your ride invisible. I'm not positive though.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    lol...

Did you try asking him, aero? :D
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Ya I think Jacko has got it.
    Make sure when your gonna do that that is the last thing you do in the park cause once you save it, it is final(Obvious I know) cause if I remember correctly trying to edit or close the invisable ride makes the game crash.
  • JKay%s's Photo

I believe you can do it with the 8 cars trainer by going into the 'edit ride stats' button and making the track type something like "seafood stand".. or some other stall.. and it should make your ride invisible.  I'm not positive though.

Make the train type "crooked house", however it doesn't work for all coaster types.
  • Drew%s's Photo

Make sure when your gonna do that that is the last thing you do in the park cause once you save it, it is final (Obvious, I know) cause if I remember correctly trying to edit or close the invisable ride makes the game crash.

You're able to close the edited ride. I tried it on Phatage's SkyCoaster...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Make sure when your gonna do that that is the last thing you do in the park cause once you save it, it is final (Obvious, I know) cause if I remember correctly trying to edit or close the invisable ride makes the game crash.

You're able to close the edited ride. I tried it on Phatage's SkyCoaster...

Really?, cause when I tryed it my game crashed. ???
    Then agian I've only tryed it once and probably did it wrong...lol.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Yeah, it doesn't crash when I close it. I changed the train types on it to see what it would look like if flying cars were put on, but that looked bad, plus, it had three cars instead of the one.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Extra note about invisible rides, might be useful to know. If you want to delete or rebuild parts of the ride, you have to change it back to the track type it used to be before editing it, or else the game will crash. I learned it the hard way...
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I don't want to start another topic, so I'll just add to this one.

I have just started getting error trappers when making invisable stuff (As in, I change the track type, and get the error trapper when i open up the game again). Any ideas on how to fix it?
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Thats happened to me, but its usually only the first time i open it, if i try again it seems to be fine. If you've already tried i dont know.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I tried opening it this time before changing the track type, but it like, gave me an error trapper even sooner than before.

Is there any little modifications or something I can make so that it wont mess up? This is kind of a really big problem.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Do you have an track elements such as loops, inline twists, corkscrews, diagonal track, widest turns in there?

If you do, the hack won't work. At least that's what I've heard.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Maybe its the vertical track......
  • Richie%s's Photo
    ^^^ I thought you tried to open it before you changed it to invisible?

You could try installing it again. There is a way to install what you had before without uninstalling it all again. I think if you go to control panel > add/remove programmes. Backup you stuff into another folder before though. Hope you get it fixed. :(

What trainer are you using?
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Turns out it won't do it with vertical track. So, yeah, whatever.

^ That could come in handy on other occasions though

Thanks for the help.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    You can't use any special elements, vertical track, the diagonal turns, or diagonal track pieces. Sucks don't it? Anyway, I used to use that hack alot in RCT2, until I quit. Some one tell me when some one else made a double loop like in LL. I'm very good, and If anyone needs a hack done, PM me or something. I am a master in my mind. :bandit:
  • -coasterdude556-%s's Photo
    Crap! No vertical track... This is really gonna fuck up my new park...

:w00t: METALLICA!
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    You can still use my transparent track hack on vertical stuff though...... sorta.

It's really kind of useless though, because you can still see the track if you arn't drunk.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Curious: Say you merged a track into an vertical track and then back to the original,then made the original track invisible. Would the vert track disappear (and crash the game) too, or would it just float there?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading