Custom Scenery Exchange / New Rooves - by tom25489

• tom25489%s's Photo
    Hoping to get some honest, constructive comments here...

here

This was the last screen that was created. This pack will hopefully contain various variations of this roof style.
    (The screen is made up of 3 different 1 tile roof sizes - 8, 16 and 32)

As the screen states ... this is just a draft/preview .. no major details yet
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    It'll be nice to have different angles of roofing to use. I know this is a draft design, but hopefully the end product won't look like a 1990 video game! It just doesn't look like it would belong in RCT, yet.
  • Fenix%s's Photo
    /\

Agree
  • hxzero%s's Photo
    It looks like it could be for barns...and stuff. Make it either like....vertical metal ribs or wood.
  • tom25489%s's Photo

but hopefully the end product won't look like a 1990 video game!

:| ....well...

here

(Note these are still the draft objects .... there are still the graphic errors to resolve)
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Roy G. Biv.
  • tom25489%s's Photo

Roy G. Biv.

Lol i wasn't trying to make a rainbow :lol:
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    :)

all I can say.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    The texture has improved a lot, but it doesn't look like it lines up correctly where the black section meets in the middle.
  • Richie%s's Photo

(Note these are still the draft objects .... there are still the graphic errors to resolve)

THey look good, and im sure they will be very useful. :)
  • tom25489%s's Photo

but it doesn't look like it lines up correctly where the black section meets in the middle.

There are loads of alignment errors - i'm just drafting out all the objects i hope to include and then perfecting them for release later.

• tom25489%s's Photo
    UPDATE - More Perfected Objects

I've completly re-done the '8 size' roof piece due to serious alignment problems.
    Here's what the 3 roof objects look like now:
    Posted Image
    The only errors now are very minute glitches in the tall "32 size" roof.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    put some different texture on top, cause now they look like toon's building blocks
  • Zephyr%s's Photo
    What's wrong with that? I think it would be good if they had the same or similar textures so they match well, although it would be cool to do a more "rooflike" texture too.

They look good Tom.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    that's not the point... it's that you wont want some similar objects in your folder clogging it up
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I like the current textures. These rooves will make it easier to make hangars, etc. Maybe you could release updated packs later on with different textures?
  • tom25489%s's Photo

put some different texture on top, cause now they look like toon's building blocks

I do beleive there aren't any of my new objects that are direct duplicates of TTs or any others' blocks. The nearest i've seen is TTs 1/4 blocks....these are full tile.

although it would be cool to do a more "rooflike" texture too.

Maybe you could release updated packs later on with different textures?

I may release a pack or packs with actual different roof textures. At this current time i'm very busy with other things so don't have a lot of time to mess with roof textures. (and i'm only using Paint so its not easy)

Nice to see people interested, i'll keep you all posted. I'm currently working on the flipped versions. I'll get a screen up hopefully later today.
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    UPDATE

Added the arch objects to the in-game line-up:

Posted Image

Next is the corner pieces (errors with current objects will also be resolved)
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Its looking interesting, keep it going ;)
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I wasn't sure about those roof tiles, as they look to much like the 1/4 ones Toon did, and because of that they didnt seem very useful, but these arches are pretty cool, and I've been wanting such objects for a while now. Looking forward to the release, whenever it is.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading