Ask the Experts / Putting two rides on one square??!

• Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    How the heck do you get two pieces of a rollercoaster on the same square without one deleting the other?? If you want an example check out Disney Dreams. I've tried and tried again but it just dosen't work. Help!!

???
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    This is a fairly hard concept to explain it seems, but I'll try. The first step would be to understand why it is so hard to do this. The game will not allow two track pieces of the same type to be in the same square on the same level, if you try to place them like that one of the pieces will disappear and they will unitentianaly merge. The way around this I used to make The Lion King is rather simple actualy, the pieces are never the same when in the same square. First to explain straight aways: build one of the straight sections as you normaly would, but on the second track use brakes and set it up as high as it goes so that the brake will have no effect. The game now sees these as two seperate rides so the pieces will stay rather than disappear. Turns are a little messier. For the first ride I normaly would use the two diagonal pieces to form a large/wide turn. The second ride would have a straight square, a normal sized turn, and then I think another straight so that they finish up reachign the same square but never use the same pieces to do this. Hope that helps.
  • Xcite%s's Photo
    Well this is what you do. Make your first coaster right and then go to the beat trainer and then click zero all clearences. Then build the second coaster through the first one backwards. Then simple go back to the beast trainer and click Restore All Clearences when finished.

This is also how you make real 4D Coasters.

Regards,

Xcite :)
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    Thanx, I'll try that !!! :D

Btw

I just now noticed that Lion King was TWO rides not one.

silly me. :)
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    Xcite, your idea didn't work, I tried that three days ago, Pyro Penguin is right, though.

Thanx again :)
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Couldn't you use the Set Scenery Base Height option?
  • Xcite%s's Photo

Xcite, your idea didn't work, I tried that three days ago, Pyro Penguin is right, though.

Thanx again  :)

Thats weird because thats how i make my 4D's. I make the main ride and then face the other coaster through the other one but BACKWARDS and then zero all clreances and build all the way through it.

Works for me anyways so im happy :)

Regards,

• Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    Sorry,

I didn't see that you said to build it backwards, so yeah, I guess that would work.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    right heres the deal.....

Coasters cannot be placed on the same square using the same type of track segment eg both straights because they merge with each other.
    If u just want the second coasters a secenery to make a coaster type then zero all clearances and build through the other way. This stops the coaster merging and you can put any elements together without merging because of the opposite directions.....however this means the cars are going in 2 directions and is not how the lion king and other 2 track rides are done.

To produce a coaster like lion king you build both coasters in exactly the same direction and do exactly as you normally do with merging (zero all clearances etc) but when you want the tracks to cross and join together you use a different segment from the other track. For example:-

Train one uses a straight piece of track and train two uses a brakes segment.This way they dont merge.

To clear some things up coasters are not programed to run on .2 and .3 i think of every base level so setting its base height wont work = helpful error trapper.

boosters also dont merge.....

iris you should really make me a mod again j/k ;)

-rrp
  • Xcite%s's Photo

Coasters cannot be placed on the same square using the same type of track segment eg both straights because they merge with each other.

You keep forgetting that if you hack the coaster in the reverse direction then the coaster will not merge.

Regards,

• Pawn%s's Photo
    Yes, but then it wont' function. You are thinking of the way most peeps make a B&M flyer.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    there are 2 ways like i expained

1)the ussless way of build opposite directions which is for coaster type eg 4D

2)the lion king 2 track,2 train thing where they have different elements merged like brakes and booster so the tracks dont merge.

I thought i made it clear in my first post ???
  • Xcite%s's Photo

Yes, but then it wont' function. You are thinking of the way most peeps make a B&M flyer.

Yes they do. Of course they do. As long as they have a station each then they work. Thats just given me an excellent idea for an amazing roller coaster that i could make LOL

Regards,

• Turtle%s's Photo
    It will work, but the coasters will be going in opposite directions. This is no good if you want an adenture coaster like the lion king, as one coaster would do the adventure backwards, which wouldn''t be half the fun.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo

It will work, but the coasters will be going in opposite directions. This is no good if you want an adenture coaster like the lion king, as one coaster would do the adventure backwards, which wouldn''t be half the fun.

And besides not being half the fun it wouldnt be what the whole point of the ride was in the first place, a choose your own route.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading