RCT Discussion / Best PT's of round 1?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well the deadline for the entrys in the finals are comeing up so i think it mite be a good time to reflect.

1. Neptune's Fury by Titan
    2. Unfriendly Invador by Phatage
    3. Del Espantoso Jungle Expedition by sloB
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Crusade by Gymkid Dude
    5. The Rock by AustinPowers
    6. Infestation at Outpost 23 by cBass
    7. Imperial Riyadha Resort by John
    8. Return of the King by deanosrs
    9. Neptune Odyssea by VooDoo
    10. The Legend of Illibia by Alienated

and coz i had 4 entrys here is my own personal list of my favs :p

1. X Gon' Give it to Ya
    2. Madakumbu Rapids
    3. The Zodiac
    4. Quest for the Lost Legend
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I really loved deanosrs' hotel resort, that was awsome. I cant beleive it didnt win...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    1. Infestation at Outpost 23- cBass
    2. Del Espantoso Jungle Expedition- slob
    3. Neptune's Fury- Titan
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Crusade- gymkid
    5. Imperial Riyadha Resort- John

Sorry John. It was just too messy. :p
    Don't get me wrong though, still cool as fuck.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Excluding LL entries..

1. Infestation at Outpost 23 by cBass
    2. Imperial Riyadha Resort by John
    3. Unfriendly Invader by Phatage
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Crusade by Gymkid
    5. Del Espantoso Jungle Expedition by slob
    6. Pacman Fever by PBob
    7. Neptune Odyssea by VooDoo
    8. The Rock by AustinPowers
    9. Zodiac by Kumba
    10. First Knight by rwadams

And of my entries:
    1. Urban Sprawl (curse Wacky Worlds :@)
    2. Finding Nemo

Edit: Forgot one.. Neptune's Fury would fit somewhere in between Pacman Fever and Neptune Odyssea (Is that really how it's spelled?)
  • jon%s's Photo
    Here are my top 5:

5. Unfriendly Invador by Phatage
    4. Vice City thing by Gymkid
    3. Imperial Riyadh Resort by John
    2. Journey through Mikrat Springs by NC
    1. Neptune's Firy by Titan
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    how bout some d/ls to the pt´s of the 1st round...

iris? anyone?
  • Kumba%s's Photo

how bout some d/ls to the pt´s of the 1st round...

iris? anyone?

Try This.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I picked one from each round:

(1) The Everglades Majest by Micool (Round 1)
    (2) X-Sector (X Gon' Give It To Ya) by Kumba (Round 3)
    (3) Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Crusade by Gymkid Dude (Round 12)
    (4) Fort Uity Mining Corp by darkfire (Round 2)
    (5) The Legend of Illibia by Alienated (Round 8)
    (6) Del Espantoso Jungle Expedition by sloB (Round 5)
    (7) Infestation at Outpost 23 by cBass (Round 10)
    (8) Journey Through Mikrat Springs by nemesis chris (Round 6)
    (9) Indiana Jones and the Fortress of Peril by ride6 (Round 4)
    (10) The Rock by AustinPowers (Round 11)
    (11) The Zodiac by Kumba (Round 7 -- Actually, I didn't really look at these)
    (12) Hazard by gir (Round 9 -- haha, that is sad :()
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    thx Kumba.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Not in any order... it's not often I build something I like funnily enough (I hate that Dolphin pile of crap, and all my other pt entries) but my first hotel has a nice balance for me. I really liked how I built it and it was the only thing I did that I can honestly say I was dissapointed didn't win, none of the others (my pt entries) deserved anything now I look back on them, because they were built with the sole intention of getting on the pt. Neptune's Fury was by far the best coaster, the lift hill supports are often overlooked I think. That takes some very clever and intricate building to get those castle walls double height and on a slant. The layout was immaculate - that coaster really could be built irl with that exact same thememing and design. That's what I love about it. Also, I never had Titan down for any architectural skills beforehand... but the buildings were really nice, awesome use of textures especially and it was nice to see someone brave enough to try some diagonal scenery and roofing. cBass's outpost was the best idea for me. It was also pulled off incredibly well... the reason why cbass is so good is because he looks upon the tools at his disposal in a much wider way than anybody else. Those 3 are the only ones I still look at, in terms of when I reach dead ends in my park building. I also liked Gym's Vice City, slob's liquid coaster, and nemchris's mine ride.
  • TerrorTech%s's Photo
    Good thread Kumba, seeing the deadline coming I reviewed who won what a few weeks ago....here's what struck a cord with me second time around:
    1. Infestation at outpost 23 (round 10) by CBass
    Still has the wow factor.
    2. Silver Streak (round 6) By RWAdams
    3. Hacieneda Resort (round 1) by Deanosrs
    Tough round to win, this was a great entry
    4. First Knight (round 8) RWAdams
    My second choice of RWAdams entries, Great reporoduction of camelot from the film.
    5. Infriendly invador (round 10) by Phatage
    Wacky, well deserved winner, feat some fine crafted hacks
    6. The zodiac (round 7) by Kumba
    Fine themeing, flamming skulls and the best use of tri-colourd supports ever!
    7. Falcon (round 12) by darkfire
    Interesting entry, great feel of the game and the rides interaction with the senery is perfect.

I was glad to have entered this competition (round 5), disappointed to have ranked low, but the favourable comments at the time made up for the effort.....good luck to those who made it.

TerrorTech Library
  • mantis%s's Photo

I really liked how I built it and it was the only thing I did that I can honestly say I was dissapointed didn't win, none of the others deserved anything now I look back on them, because they were built with the sole intention of getting on the pt.

Hah, nice dismissal of one of the best hotels ever made - I hope you're at least looking forward to Roger's entry, even if you think his Ritz-Carlton didn't 'deserve anything'.

My favourite entry was Unfriendly Invader.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ no, I didn't mean the other hotel entries, I meant my other entries into the PT. I can see how that sentence is more than confusing tho ;)

I could appreciate structurally how Ritz-Carlton was very well constructed, but it's just not my style of parkmaking. John's hotel was more my scene, but I didn't like the randomness of it.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'm wondering if this is the time to put forth my views about Deano's work in the Pro Tour preliminary. I think it would be an adequate context to do so.

To put it simply, I personally think that Deano should have gotten in instead of Micool as one of the two back-door people. No offense meant to Micool (although it is inevitable).

First off, Deano's hotel was my favorite of Round 1 because it just looked the most like somewhere I would like to stay. While I was initally wowed by John's, over time it has lost its effect because of the disorderly scenery blocks all over the hotel. I kind of see it now as a bunch of scenery put together, rather than a hotel. And RWAdams' was amazing, but there was a kind of austerity that came with the tone of the building. Maybe because it was mostly white, but there was something overly sterile about it. Now Deano's was somewhere I would really like to stay. The warm and faded colors of the complex, the foliage, even the reception room. I also really liked the rooftop pools. It looked like a hotel I could imagine myself staying at.

Second, Deano submitted five entries to Micool's two. If that's not effort, if that's not showing that you really want to be in this, then I don't know what is. Micool's last entry was in round 5 - in the last eight rounds of the tour, Deano submitted four entries and Micool none. Deano made the extra push near the end to get in, and Micool did not. I don't think there's any doubt that Micool is a better parkmaker than Deano, but I think it's a question of effort and integrity, not one's record.

So I think Deano got jipped here. I think if who got in was based solely on skill, Micool would have definitely deserved his spot, but it's also about how much you want to be in this. Deano tried five times and didn't get in once.
  • Richie%s's Photo

I'm wondering if this is the time to put forth my views about Deano's work in the Pro Tour preliminary. I think it would be an adequate context to do so.

To put it simply, I personally think that Deano should have gotten in instead of Micool as one of the two back-door people. No offense meant to Micool (although it is inevitable).

First off, Deano's hotel was my favorite of Round 1 because it just looked the most like somewhere I would like to stay. While I was initally wowed by John's, over time it has lost its effect because of the disorderly scenery blocks all over the hotel. I kind of see it now as a bunch of scenery put together, rather than a hotel. And RWAdams' was amazing, but there was a kind of austerity that came with the tone of the building. Maybe because it was mostly white, but there was something overly sterile about it. Now Deano's was somewhere I would really like to stay. The warm and faded colors of the complex, the foliage, even the reception room. I also really liked the rooftop pools. It looked like a hotel I could imagine myself staying at.

Second, Deano submitted five entries to Micool's two. If that's not effort, if that's not showing that you really want to be in this, then I don't know what is. Micool's last entry was in round 5 - in the last eight rounds of the tour, Deano submitted four entries and Micool none. Deano made the extra push near the end to get in, and Micool did not. I don't think there's any doubt that Micool is a better parkmaker than Deano, but I think it's a question of effort and integrity, not one's record.

So I think Deano got jipped here. I think if who got in was based solely on skill, Micool would have definitely deserved his spot, but it's also about how much you want to be in this. Deano tried five times and didn't get in once.

I totally agrre with that, well put.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    By that reckoning, Deanosrs and MightyMouse would be the two people who got in, not Mike and Darkfire. All power to them for entering with good entries, but I thought Micool and Darkfire both produced better entries, although not as many.
  • Janus%s's Photo

By that reckoning, Deanosrs and MightyMouse would be the two people who got in, not Mike and Darkfire.  All power to them for entering with good entries, but I thought Micool and Darkfire both produced better entries, although not as many.

I totally agrre with that, well put.
    Also, Micool had done, finished and released a lot of other good RCT work around that time, so he deserves it even more.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Mantis and Janus, I see your point and it's a good one. I may have misspoken - what I meant to suggest was not a system based entirely on how many entries one submitted, but a balance between one's skill and the effort one makes to get in. I just think Micool got off a bit easy, with only two entries, and none in the crunch time. Sure he has more skill, but a 2-5 ratio in entries in comparison to Deano, and a 0-4 ratio in the final eight weeks of the contest, should be taken into account as well.

This is just theoretical, but considering his effort in the preliminaries I think that because Deano seemed to want to be in this more than Micool, the greater effort he put into the final product would have canceled out the difference in their skills. But that's all just speculation.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    I disagree with that. Effort should never be a factor when judging something for a contest. Someone could have worked 500 years on a park and it could still turn out to be shit, but should it still win because the person was dedicated? I speak from experience, because I lost to a contest once because another entry was deemed of "having the most effort". :@
  • mantis%s's Photo
    But why choose Deanosrs over MightMouse? Cos they both entered the same amount, and both made entries of consistent quality... I'm not really getting your reasoning fully.

But anyway, I think the right people are in. Of course it's a shame that Deanosrs and MM didn't make it in spite of their effort, but that's the same for any competition with qualifying rounds.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading