Custom Scenery Exchange / Diagonal Scenery

• Kevin%s's Photo
    I'm currently making scenery for my P.o.D. project. And I think its coming along well. This scenery pack that I am making will help me put in a lot more variety in my buildings along with making them more unique as well. First of, I am making some new diagonal scenery such as archways, new windows, and new roof types.

I do have a small sample screen to show you, of how it is going and what these pieces look like.
    Just these four pieces took two days to make, since I do have any fancy hardware such as photoshop etc,

....I have to deal with it in the paint program.

anywho....
    Posted Image

I would like to see some comments (especially Toon) on how you feel about this. I'll show more updates soon.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    They could be a bit smoother nearer the corners, otherwise they are excellent.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    your arch isn't quite rounded out enough...
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I think it looks good, but it is too light if you want it to match the existing marble scenery. Try to match the shade as pictured below. Also, I agree it isn't round enough, but that's trivial and not all arches are perfect semi-circles, so you can leave it or change it. Looks good though. I'm not condoning illegal activities, but find a copy of photoshop. It will make your life a million times easier.

I actually am condoning illegal activities. If you really want to make custom scenery, you need to at least have photoshop. Your patience will not hold up. What you did in 2 days I could have finished in less than 10 minutes. Go find the program young grasshopper

Attached Files

• Kevin%s's Photo
    Yeah, I got the demo of Photoshop CS. Not sure how much that will help, but I finally got it installed. Now I just got to figure out how to use it. What tool do you use when you shade objects like these?
    I'll make it rounder to.

Thanks so far.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    To use Photoshop properly, you'll have to do a lot of "tinkering around with it".

Or...take a class...or.....log onto the help menu, as Adobe has amazing resources.

As for shading, use the burn and dodge tools. In the middle of the tool bar, there is a hand, which opens a flyout menu that has a "magnifying glass", and a "sponge".

The hand is burn, the "mg" is dodge, and the sponge is sponge (either saturate or desaturate).

After you've selected one of these tools, adjust your brush size, your opacity, your flow, etc. Start off lighter, and keep reworking the image....better to have to keep making it darker to match, than trying to work the other way around. Hope that helps.

BTW, great arch, can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    kevin i think you will make it a great job!

if you use this with toon diagonal paths! you can make a park much better!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading