Pro Tour 1 / Uploaded W/O Box Checked

• iBrent%s's Photo
    Is there any way someone could upload each released RCT2 park thus far (and in the future) without the Export Scenery box clicked, since each is around 4mb and when you look at one, you have the scenery used in each of the RCT2 ones, which would then make the file size drastically smaller, for any 56kers out there like me.

It could help out with your bandwidth problems too. :scarface:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I run 56k and it's fine. I won't help you since it would take me an hour or two just to upload the ones without the sceanery. Just download them and surf the boards untill it's done. It makes perfect sense, and it's what I do.

ride6
  • Zephyr%s's Photo
    Couldn't all the entries be released without scenery? I think it would make more sense to have everyone download the Pro Tour bench to get the objects instead of including them with every entry. It would save a lot of bandwidth too, now that you mention it.

But the filesizes aren't that large, and like ride6 said, you can just do something else while they download.
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    Well, what you just said in the first paragraph is just about what I said, except you said to download the original bench instead of just one of the entries, then you'd have it either way.

But, I downloaded them, and saw that when saved w/o the scenery, it's usually around 850kb instead of 4.5mb. That's a big gap... 3.65mb difference. In that, four(4) downloads of the park file saved w/o the scenery wouldn't even add up to the 4.5mb file that just one(1) file saved with the scenery would be. That can be a lot of saved bandwidth as time goes on with all the downloads each park gets.

Yes. Too much time. :scarface:
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey guys
    Being stuck in thailand till september i woudl appriciate it if someone kept all the releases to send to me when i get back. ) and/or iris leaves them up. either way i'd owe a small forrtune as rthe pics look awesome.

Note: I am drunk so ignore all spelling
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im sure they will be staying up since they have their own page in the contest link on the main page.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Note: I am drunk so ignore all spelling

LMAO

I've also been wondering if that was possible... usually I just d/l the huge files anyway, but yeah, it could save Iris some dough.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, seeing as you went over bandwidth yesterday, I'd seriously start considering the idea. You can just add one extra link to d/l the PT bench, and then make the rest of the files w/o custom scenery exported. That way, it's like half a meg compared to nearly five.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading