(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Fletcher Inc. Mining Co.

• RaoulXpres%s's Photo
    Fletcher Inc. Mining Co.

Another experience from RaoulXpres
    (The ride will make much more sense reading this, so read it now or in the readme file.)

Posted Image
    ----------------------------------

The day has come, on June 24, 2004, the Fletcher Inc. Mining Co. has opened.
    Refurbishing and restoring the 200 year old Minign facility, Fletcher Inc. has preserved some of the oldest of processes and merged them with a steel forging factory.

Today on Grand Opening Day, you walk up the cobblestone and concrete path. Underneath the massive archway and past the fountain dedicated to one of the many Fletcher sons. Straight ahead the massive Fletcher steel factory looms over the once wooded area. However, the trade booths set up have signs, video booths, and movie screens showing Fletcher's natural preservation techniques. This company is known for being environmentally aware.

Posted Image

You decide to take the facility tours. The track looms around the entrance and you think you can see it enter and exit the massive factory through some archways in the distance. You board the 6 seater cars and the tour guide begins her spiel. You are too busy reading the promotional signs around the track to hear her.

Up ahead the track system speeds the car up as the tour guide explains how the old warehouse was transformed into a state of the art research facility. As you enter the building, only a few flickering hanging lights are on. Suddenly, the car comes to a whipneck stop. The tour guide fumbles the controls, then suddenly, all the lights go out. You hear the guide scream, then silence.

Suddenly, smoke and light pour from all around the car, enveloping it in a misty glow. You hear voices and shadows in the fog surround the car. The voice looms in the facility, and warns of anyone that supports intruders of their land. "Polluters Polluters!" the scratchy voice screams. A wrinkled face appears before your very eyes just before the car speeds off straight ahead making a trail of smoke behind it. When you emerge, you are in a different world. The building are made of wood and practically falling apart. The only light is some flame torches and campfires. You follow the track into teh sky before plummeting into an old mine shaft. Speeding around banks underground steam and hot air burst from between rocks in the cavern walls. Then out of nowhere, you spash into a large cavern filled with water and your car floats deeper and deeper into the room.

Light seeps through cracks in the cieling and the silence is broken by a buzz from deep within the cave. The sound gets louder and louder until you are envelopped the echoing soing of bats. Their shadows pass by the lighted roof and you can feel them fly by your head. Again your car is suddenly pushed back out of the water and flys through more underground mines.

Outside again the old mining town surrounds you. The covered wagons, flame lit porches, and empty houses are eerily quiet. Once again you enter the underground caverns. Through walls of mist and ghostly apparitions, the voice looms over the echoing walls again, "Beware the Polluters!," before fading away.

You emerge right outside a Fletcher Inc. Facility. Still speeding along the tour ride track, you see broken pipes leacking bubbling acids and corrosive materials into a now greenish-brown pond. Your car returns to the loading bay and you are swept out into more promotional material boasting Fletcher Inc. as the #1 Environmental Preservationist.

Posted Image

Click Here to Download
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'll download in the morning that way when I log off I won't cut the download off half-way. :D It's good to see you around again.

ride6
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    It was pretty nice, although I don't get why a tour would go underground like that. But nice none the less. The archy, or what was there since there wasn't much, was good, to say the least. The track could've been a bit longer though, but I liked what was there. Overall, good stuff, B-.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Nice mini-park. It looks at some areas a bit rushed though. However it was original. I have to steal the TTdome+support trick ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    tis nice, really. Interesting coaster, interesting theming.
  • RaoulXpres%s's Photo

although I don't get why a tour would go underground like that.

Read the description like I said.

Yeah a lot of this was rushed. Mostly because I was building stuff just to experiment. This park was a lot of experimentation but I was pleased with the dark ride/roller coaster turn out.

4 replies

:|''''
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    Raoul, it's a great to hear from you. You took quite an absence, and I'm always wondering when you'll update Hollowcrest.

The park was small, but really cool. The ride was fun to look at. The factory architecture was a bit boring, and plain, but the architecture out in the woods were very nice, something I like to see in your work.

Nice all around, a fun mini.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    It's...okay. Not "OMG IT OWNZ!!" but "Wow,looks like you put a lot of time into it."
    I'd give it a :yup:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I took a look and I liked the factory architecture - especially seeing the pipes through the glass. I wasn't really too keen on the really really REALLY slow 180 turn underground, but I guess it's all part of the story. It looked like that toxic swamp would be visible from the station too, which would ruin the surprise. But I do admire the sentiment behind the story - and it was fun to follow the coaster around the park.

Don't be too surprised if not many people comment - if my experiences with rct2 are anything to go by, it takes almost a day to load anything!
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    The loading times have never been a problem for me in rct2... but then I'm running a reasonably quick computer.

I liked it, nice idea with the whole tour gone wrong theme, I liked it. If anything let it down, it was the landscaping and foliage, not that it sucked... just that I think it could have been better. Still, great to see you're still playing rct, and hopefully you'll manage another solo park in the future.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Great to see your still playing Rct 2 Raoul, I thought you had quit since you didn't post or update your park topic in awhile.

The ride was fun to follow around the park through all the neat architecture, underground, and it seems like it would be a fun tour to take in real life. I liked the main factory, which well designed, but I am kinda dissapointed you didn't include it in the whole ride somehow instead of having it sit there.
    Like you could have extended the factory more so it met with the last part of the track, before you get to the station, so you'd be like crashing in to the factory and maybe nearly missing somthing with that part factory look destroyed or parts broken off or somthing along those lines.
    That idea might not fit with the overall story line but with some work you could fit the factory itself in and still have a great ride with a great story to it. Other than that it was a great ride Raoul, nice work.

My rating: 9/10
  • RaoulXpres%s's Photo
    dragonfly -
    Hollow Crest might be kapootz (excuse the old fart talk)..I'll have to wait and see if I get inspired or find help.

DarkRideExpert -
    :)

mantis -
    Yeah that slow turn around would be the area with the bats. You go through it very slow hearing the bats coming then when they finally do, you fly out up the launch.

deanosrs -
    Yeah the crappy foliage was basically used b/c I was done with it and wanted to realease it. I think its obvious what foliage I did when I was motivated and the areas I was bored with.

rctfan1556 -
    Wish I thought about it crashing into the factory. Oh well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading