RCT Discussion / Track Merging

• Panoramical%s's Photo
    Hi I HAVE SEARCHED for a response to this, but couldnt find it.
    Track Merging
    -------------------

This is what I did:

1. Built a station, and track coming off it.
    2. Built two pieces of different type of track two units above it, one starting on the last piece of track of the original track, the other going one square further than the original track.
    3. Built new type of track, missing out one square after the original track ended.
    4. Colored elevated track in Alt Colour scheme 1, opened 8CPT, and lowered it -2 so it merged with the original track (the track now appears to be merged)
    4. Same procedure to link new type track back to station.
    5. Put original station track thingy into boat hire mode.
    6. Tested it.

But when i tested it, when the train went over the hack, an Error message came up. What could i be doing wrong?
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    You lowered the wrong track, you need to lower the track from which the train comes. My bad with the rcthq tutorial...
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    Deano messed up his own brother.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Mergeing with 8Cars sucks, it takes to long and is way to complex, well I think it is, I have never tryed myself.... use the SoB with my steps and that mite help.

Mergeing Tips, ect...
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

I have never tryed myself....

Um.... then don't slag it off?
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Merging with 8cars takes less than 5 minutes for me. I couldnt do it at all with your guide and SoB.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    That solved everything, thank you.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Uh huh.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    very good guljam, only im lost by the aisa text and pie charts... Altho its not on my hack tips topic thats exactly how I merge. (I was to lazy to change it)

but that way takes less then 20 seconds, and 8Cars what 5 minitues?
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    I can merge in 8cars in 2 minutes or so.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Does it matter? Are your lives that hectic you can't take 3 minutes extra doing something in a game?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That's actually a pretty cool tutorial, lol, even without the text.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I'm still having troubles with merging tracks. I get error trapper whenever the train goes over the merged track.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Call me on aim later or tomorrow and ill help you out.

Just make sure you raise the (from) track, build the (to) track under the raised track, and then lower the track back down. Set the origional coaster to powered launch or boat hire mode.
  • rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    ive become quite good at merging with the 8cars trainer. i can do it in around 1 minute, but it takes practice.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    little bit late but GulJam i have something to ask!

can you make the tutorial again but then in English?

[font="Impact"]never mind[/font]
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    and in rct2, so everyone can stop complaining about how long it takes with 8cars? thank you.

dumb fucks. (not you, guljam)
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    There is something seriously wrong with my RCT2. Do I need to put a crack or patch or something to make it work? I've tried everything. I always get error trapper as soon as the train goes over the hacked bit of track.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    1 of the tracks must be the wrong way or something :(

You could try lowering the 'from' peice of track and see. Or try the SOB way.. i think i know it if u just come back on aim instead of going 'away' :X

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading