RCT Discussion / Iris' New Idea!

• iris%s's Photo
    Remember when the Spotlight rounds were really fun, because nobody knew which parks they would be?
    Let's do that again.
    Sure this spotlight round is extremely obvious.
    And so was the last one.

So from now on...people should shut the hell up when they finish their parks, so the Spotlight can be spontaneous again. In fact, I'm going to be picking more spontaneous parks from now on...I'd rather have a surprising good park then a "everyone knows its coming" great one.

Some of you people just need to shut up with the advertising sometimes. Why do you think everyone makes such a huge deal over Mala's parks? Because nobody knows when the hell to expect them. So in conclusion...shut up people.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I just finished my secret project!

Oops.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Good idea. (Not that it matters to me since the chances of me making spotlight material is zero)
  • John%s's Photo
    That's my preferred method of operation.
    Partly because it's fun to keep people guessing.
    Partly because I don't want to get discouraged. ;)
  • natelox%s's Photo

Why do you think everyone makes such a huge deal over Mala's parks? Because nobody knows when the hell to expect them.

I think there is a little more to them than that.

That said, I'm all for this idea. I try to be quite about my parks most of the time, although sometimes it's nice to heard feedback while it's still in construction.
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    Is Meretrix's Disney park a big part of this topic? In how the Plea topic just about let everyone know who read it (and really, those who didn't) that it'd be the next Spotlight?
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Very few people know of the progress of my park(s).
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Problem with that Iris is....

Firstly, be advertising he or she's respective park, they will get good or bad criticism and then can modify the park if bad, therefore giving a higher quality of parks entered into Spotlight. If good this will not only give them more confidence in there ablities and therefore may attempt more difficult or inspired RCT shit. Secondly, it can give the parkmaker a boost if they are recieving some praise and this will help to get the park through its difficult patches.

Secondly, the advertising district will become more of a shit-hole than it already is, and therefore will make NE less interesting in generalm espicially for those peeps who care about RCT at the website.

However thats just my two cents...

*stargazer*
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Good idea. Although sometimes I find it very hard not to advertise..especially when you have something good going. But everyone just suck it up, I guess.

And...I don't think this spotlight round is very obvious lol. In fact, I really have no clue, I don't know WHAT you guys are all babblin about.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Advertising is good, and encouraged.

Iris means he doesn't really want people posting on the site they're done their park and sending it in for spotlight. Or at least those who actually have a shot at spotlight.

;) :p
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    While I somewhat agree, I think you stated your opinion a bit harshly...
  • iris%s's Photo
    Nothing wrong with advertising.
    Just dont need to tell people "hey Im sending it in to spotlight!".

And sorry if it's harsh, but I'm tired of boring Spotlight rounds.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    There we go. Well put.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Quite simple really...if you announce your park is sent in it is dq'd from spotlight. Should solve the problem. I have to agree that spotlight has lost its lustre to some extent.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I think that's a wonderful idea...and no, the whole plea thing was merely to GET the park to NE.....it actually had nothing to do with letting anyone know anything, other than the fact that I made the park too damn big.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Well if you really want surprising spotlights...Su182!

Anyway, I hope that one day I will be up to a decent standard, perhaps even Runner Up once, and if I ever get to this standard, sure as hell I'll follow what you say, iris.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well i don't know if im makeing a park that will have a shot at spotlight, but BP will keep being advertised, however I will not say when I submit it.

Edit: hum... now that I think about it I did kinda like doing my PT in secreat, I'll post one more screen here and not say the park % anymore :p
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

And...I don't think this spotlight round is very obvious lol.

It's either going to be Phantasia or WDE.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo

It's either going to be Phantasia or WDS.

Thanks.
  • John%s's Photo

or WDS.

Huh?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading