RCT Discussion / Iris' New Idea!

• laz0rz%s's Photo

Huh?

Walt Disney Escape.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    How the hell is WDS Walt Disney Escape?
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    For this Spotlight round can we do like a Hidden park type thing again? Those were fun! :D
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    rctfan1556...

How abotu no. We don't need our bandwidth dead again.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    I think that deserves a replay:

Remember when the Spotlight rounds were really fun, because nobody knew which parks they would be?
    Let's do that again.

It(The next spotlight)'s either going to be Phantasia or WDE.

• mantis%s's Photo
    This is MachChunk, darkfire. He's not the brightest banana on the tree (ok I made that up because i'm not the brightest banana on the tree either).

I agree somewhat with Stargazer about the ad. district, but I see the point about 'this park is finished and will be sent in to spotlight!!' The ad. district has had a drought of cool parks in it, though (don't take this personally anyone, although I know people will anyway).
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    people like me who are fairly new to the site and havent made a name for ourselves here need to advertise our parks so the other people know what kind of talent we have. sure the NE parkmakers dont NEED to advertise because everyone knows anything they make will be great but others like me who are still getting better with each park they make needs to get known in the community.
  • iBrent%s's Photo

rctfan1556...

How abotu no. We don't need our bandwidth dead again.

Why did you use the word "we" when, from the looks of it, you aren't anything more than a regular member of the site who has nothing to do with the finances.

And on a side note, yelshi has a point. :scarface:
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    Oh Iris, you thinker of a think thinker that thinks think is thinking of you thinker you thinker you.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

This is MachChunk, darkfire. He's not the brightest banana on the tree (ok I made that up because i'm not the brightest banana on the tree either).

That's very well and good, but I am the brightest banana on the tree! :yup:

Don't you see the brilliant pastels from here? Yes, that yet ripened green one there...you don't know what I'm working on, or when I'll deliver a park, 'cos I don't advertise much anymore...

...I think I might disagree with the "say your park is done and it is d'qed" idea, but since I'm Toon's groupie, I can't disagree! :lol:

Hopefully spotlight will be fun this round, as while others may or may not know, I don't...a lot of nice parks coming from nowhere lately...

Bueno. :bandit:
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

people like me who are fairly new to the site and havent made a name for ourselves here need to advertise our parks so the other people know what kind of talent we have.  sure the NE parkmakers dont NEED to advertise because everyone knows anything they make will be great but others like me who are still getting better with each park they make needs to get known in the community.

First of all.. you don't need to advertise at all. Second, I think you're missing the point. No one is saying that advertising your park is bad. If that were the case.. then I think the whole Ad. District would be closed. The problem is that too many people are saying things like "Hey my park is at 95% and it should be sent into iris for Spotlight tomorrow!". This way, everyone knows what parks to expect for that round. And it's not fun any more...

So it's okay to advertise.. just don't say when you're finished.. or what you plan to do with the park.
  • John%s's Photo
    Iris' idea is soaring over the heads of alot of people who have read it.

Isn't that a comforting thought? ;)
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo

First of all.. you don't need to advertise at all.

to make a name for ourselves, we do need to advertise.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Or you could just win a runner-up or sptolight. Instant recognition.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I like the idea.

I hardly ever advertise now. all I'll say is I have to solo parks on the go and that is it.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I also think this is a wonderful idea Iris and I (of all people) who are guilty of over-advertising could really use this to my advantage to keep some surprise in my parkmaking. Although I think a little advertising would not only keep the Ad District alive, but would also keep people's mouths watering on highly anticipated parks. Parkmaker's just need to know when to say "enough is enough" when it comes to advertising.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    I've never advertised for this exact reason.

Glad someone else finally caught on :lol:
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    People tend to put you on their 'lists' and shit when you advertise. Sometimes it makes me laugh when people put me on their lists, things like 'faviorate up and coming parks' etc, yet have only seen one or two screens. Most of the time the parks people look forward to most by me, are infact shite. So I tend not to advertise, so people dont expect as much from me.

I also tend to become un-productive when I advertise.
  • Toon%s's Photo

I've never advertised for this exact reason.

Glad someone else finally caught on  :lol:

and here I thought it was because you never actually had anything finished enough to advertise :p
  • John%s's Photo

I also tend to become un-productive when I advertise.

That's what I've found to happen to myself.
    You get caught up in the "at-the-moment" fame, and don't really focus on the long-term.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading