RCT Discussion / The karts without the glitch

• MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Like in The Agean, I would like to know how natelox got the go karts to run on the paths without all the annoying glitchs.

Thanks.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Did he just merge it from a river ride onto a coaster, and have it 1 level below the path?

I never look closely at it, but my guess is he has an invert station or a rapids station merged to a coaster.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    The reason his don't glitch is the starting station. If you use rapids, you gain a little height, but not enough to stop the disappearing on height changes (like up the ramps on Sandstorm Rally). So if you want to get rid of those, you need to use the suspended monorail or invert station instead. However, that causes a few problems with tunnels, because if you use standard 2-height-mark high tunnels (with pathing/chairlift), the cars look like they're driving into the top of the tunnel. So you'd probably need to use the suspended monorail track to make the tunnels.

Also there are a few perspective issues that come with the extra height. I'll just use my rapids in TDC as an example. If you see where they go around that island, the rapids boat actually looks like it's moving on the rocks, even though the track is in the water. It's just the extra height that creates the illusion. So if i'd have had more time, i'd have altered that to put more space between the track and the rocks, to make it look like the boats were still on the water. Just a little thing that could be problematic.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Your the best Mantis.

Thanks. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading