RCT Discussion / L337 h4x !11!1!111

• darkfire%s's Photo
    Seeing as I have nothing better to do over summer than sit around playing RCT and feeling my ass grow, I've been thinking about releasing the memory trainer that I use for LL.

Even though the only totally unique poke the trainer has at the moment is changing the track type of rides in the park, it still has features that I've never seen in any trainers before and with very little knowledge of hex editing you can easily edit any object in the game map.

The feature I use most is a construction monitor which reads what scenery/objects have been built after starting the trainer and displays them, allowing me to change there base and clearance heights using the arrow buttons next to the object's name.
    The trainer can Identify all different types of land, paths/queues, rides, and all quarter, single and multi tile scenery, as well as show banners and fences (just without what kind they are). If the object cannot be identified (eg a park entrance, map entrance.. which I haven't written the code for yet) or I've made a mistake in the code, the object controller is still shown just without a description.

Posted Image

Pressing the up or down buttons on the left of the object controller increases or decrease both the base and clearance heights of the object. The ones of the right just changes the clearance height allowing you to build through the object.

By clicking the plus sign on the objects controller a box appears showing the values in memory relating to the object as hex, eventually each different category of objects will have their own property pages here, but I haven't written that bit yet as I haven't needed it.

On the land controller there's a stack button which will move all of the object above the square up on a left click and down on a right click.

There's also a tick box on each controller so you can perform certain edits on multiple objects, the only one I have at the moment is to raise and lower them. The plan was to add more when I needed them but if I'm releasing it I'll put more in.

I code the trainer as I play LL and require the function, so most of the trainer's pretty old as I've been doing coursework and exams hence I haven't been playing for the last few months. But I have since added another feature since playing rct again.

Before the construction monitor could only edit tiles that have been built upon since starting the trainer, so to edit tile that haven't been built upon I added a window to show the entire map, then when a square is clicked on the overview map the contents are shown in the construction monitor. (I just did this quickly yesterday to edit something and the map is in fact back-to-front, but I will change that)

Posted Image

I still have many ideas for how to expand the map control, and it's very quick to add them so you should see many more features coming soon.

Posted Image
    The main window of the trainer is this toolbox which is always on top of the rct window (like winamp). The buttons (from left to right): show a slider to instantly modify the land/water tool size.
    Posted Image

Modify the ride options & pull-down menu for remove height restrictions
    Posted Image

The next launches a hex editor which helps me to code & debug the construction monitor, but this probably won't be in any publicly released version.

Next is Lower and Raise the clearances, these are a cheap imitation of what trainers such as the beast do, but instead of setting the clearances to zero, then determining what the true clearance should be: I just invert the clearances so the clearance height is X tiles below the base height instead of X tiles above, then do the opposite for negative clearances when you restore them.

The button with no picture is to set the weather - click to set as Sunny, drop down menu for others.
    The traffic light stop and start the construction monitoring
    The crane opens the con-mon window
    The blank one at the end shows the overview map

So I just want to know whether people would like this trainer and if anyone will help test it on the various versions of LL and windows. :)
    I have the british version and I know the start address of the game map in the US version, but I'll need help finding the address of things like the land tool size if they are different and if anyone knows the relevant address for other versions I can make the trainer compatible with those too.
    I could probably compile a beta version within a week or so.

Thanks for reading all that, but there are no prizes for spotting the many spelling and grammatical errors I made.
    -darkfire
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Cool. Although I prefer using Winhack.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm up for testing. MA is gonna hate you for this (but then again, he's already bitter anyway so that's not a surprise).

If only I understood how the thing worked, lol, but i'd be happy following instructions. That map overview/click the square thing looks very useful.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    This is amazing... I'd love to help, but unfortunately I can't, as i'm going surfing in Devon next week. Plus i'm virtually computer illiterate, so I wouldn't be of much actual value to you. However, it will be very useful when released, i'd use it...

You could well revolutionise the way people hack with this. Well done I guess?!
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Thanks for the replies. I just need a few testers to make sure there that the trainer runs as a .exe, then I'll just release a beta version and fix any bugs when people report them.
    I'll need to write up some help files and some tutorials for the trainer too as it is pretty complicated if you've never done any hex editing on RCT.
    The ultimate aim of the trainer is to remove any need for hex editing, it will all be point and click like most of the interface is at the moment. So it's pretty easy to use once you understand it but I guess it would look a little daunting when you first see it.

Trust me it's so simple even I can do it :D

Thanks again for the replies,
    -darkfire
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    Very cool looking. Hope it all turns out well and if does ill deffinetly use it.

:et: Little Wilso :et:
  • mantis%s's Photo

The ultimate aim of the trainer is to remove any need for hex editing, it will all be point and click like most of the interface is at the moment.

As I said, MA is gonna kill you :D

But yeah give me a bell...or a wire...or whatever it is you'd say for an e-mail, when you need the testing done.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    You're correct, Mantits. This does dissapoint me.

Hacking back in the day was all about figuring out the hack, not actually using it. Exploiting the game is the fun part, not beating the hack to death. Shit like this isn't helping hacking, it's killing it. People like Buster, WME, Gazza, Adix, myself, and so many others that I'm forgetting spent hours on end figuring this shit out and learning how the game works so just maybe we could find another gray area to exploit. But these trainers make it so you don't even have to think. It's killing hacking because you're creating a generation of people that can only copy and never innovate. Unfortunatly, the old days of hacking are over. With the dawn of invisable track, just about everything that can be done has been done and beaten to death. So, release it if you must, I know my disapproval doesn't change anything, It's just my nostalgia for the days when having a difficult hack in your park actually meant doing some difficult work. Oh well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading