General Chat / ESPN NFL 2K5

• VC15SA%s's Photo
    I'm typically a Madden fan, but this year ESPN is only 20 dollars. I also heard it is much better than last year's Madden. I was wondering if anyone has played it and knows if it is good. Also why is it only 20 dollars? Is it a sales pitch? Thanks!
  • Titan%s's Photo
    IT's $20 bucks as a sales pitch I think. IMO it's the best football game out there (and most game sites agree).

But then again I am a Dreamcast fanboy...
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I thought so about the sales pitch.

Best football game out there, eh? I will probably get it. You can't go wrong with a price like that. Although this will be the first time I haven't got Madden. :(
  • XxCEDARPOINTFREAKxX%s's Photo
    Madden is the #1 football game for a reason. Thats because of the depth the game has. No other game will you find a career/season mode as strong as madden. Dont get me wrong though ESPN 2K5 is still a great game. It has great graphics and you can even play First person inside a players helmet which is always cool. Anyways if your low budget and just want a game to play with friends get 2K5. If your wanting to play it over and over again and a game that will keep you entertained for hours go with Madden.

-XxCPFxX
  • Mysjivus%s's Photo
    I think it is a great sales pitch. Its basicly saying, "hey we can make a good game and sell it at a reasonable price." I'm sure the Madden franchise is not threatened by this move but it may, in time, strike a chord and we may see a trend of lower prices. It is not likely that they will be $20 low but a few dollars here and there wont hurt. I am a long time Madden junkie but I also enjoyed the NFL series when I had my dreamcast so I am anticipating a good game. I will probably get both just becuase I have a $50 circuit city gift card (thanks to my $800 tv) that will enable me to get madden for next to nothing. And I will be in football heaven until NBA Live 2005!!
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Another question, what is Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition? It must be something good because it is ten dollars more!

BTW thanks for the replys.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Well I have a history of only buying a new Madden every 2 years so I'm sticking with Madden 2004 for now. I'm a cheap bastard.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I believe you can trade it in at Gamestop or somewhere to get ten dollars off.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Oh yay. Only $40, now.
    What I need is a job.
    My processes of Buying Madden and NCAA is switching off every year. So last year I got NCAA 2004 so now I get Madden 20005. O yea who is hella excited about the Xbox Live Madden!

-XxCPFxX
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    not me cause if its anything like NFL Fever 2004 everyone on it is a fucktard and just puts all the best players on one team and you never get to actually play a realistic game
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo

If your wanting to play it over and over again and a game that will keep you entertained for hours go with Madden.

Yea...well Madden kept me entertained for about 6 days, and I've had ESPN NFL 2K5 for about a week & 3 days and I'm playin it non-stop. I dunno why it's out there for $20; I'd charge much more for a game like that, but it's worth the money. I give it a 9 out of 10. :yup:
    Madden 2005 isnt out yet... so I guess your reffering to 2004?

-XxCPFxX
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Madden 2005 isnt out yet... so I guess your reffering to 2004?

-XxCPFxX

Actually Madden 2005 is out.
    Actually the release date is Aug. 6th so unless your living in the future I would have to say your are confussed.

-XxCPFxX
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Yea, I was reffering to Madden 2004, sorry. And no, Madden 2005 isn't out yet, it's on pre-order. :rolleyes:
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I did get ESPN and I love it. The graphics are great not to mention the wonderful price of 15.88! Better than Madden 2004 IMO.
    Scratch that... I just saw a commercial that sayed Madded 2005 is released on Aug. 12th. On that day im buying Madden and 2K5. Persoanally because I want Madden for the depth and realism, and 2K5 for the First person mode!

-XxCPFxX
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    You are getting 2K5 for first person mode? Wow, I personally hate it. Otherwise the game is great.

Anyone know if Madden 2005 Collector's Edition comes out the same day as the regular Madden?
  • aero21%s's Photo
    yeah, it comes out on the same day.

Collectors edition comes with Madden 94 (i think) Madden 2000 and Madden 2005. It also comes with makeing of featurets and extra historic teams. it will retail for 10 bucks more than just 2005.

Anyways, I got 2K5 and I hate it! It is near unplayable, eventhough all the extra stuff is absolutely awsome. It is best to just sit back and watch a simulated game, just like watching an ESPN telecast.

NBA 2k5 is going to be 20 bucks too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading