(Archive) Advertising District / Lunatic Grove-new RCT park. Check it out!

• Kraken%s's Photo
    This is Lunatic Grove, my second Loopy Landscapes park. Originally started in 2002, it was left only 10% completed until this June, when I started to finish the park in the same old-school style, completing it in July. I wanted to capture two things-

1. A woodsy, cozy environment, but with many intense coaster; "Knoebels Extreme", if you will.
    2. An old school feel, similar to the great RCT parks I remembered from several years ago.

Admitedly this is not a park for everyone-If you think of Loopy Landscapes as "The old Roller Coaster Tycoon" you probably won't like it. Many of you might not "get" it, will feel it is outdated, or even downright hate it. However, I encourage you to check it out anyway.

Now, I still brought a few new ideas and hacks to the table, although all but one are pretty subtle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy!
  • natelox%s's Photo
    This park is amazing. Kraken's sarcastic humor is enough to make you laugh while his theme park building skills are sure to bring back great memories of the good ol' days.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, it's that bell noise that comes up whenever there's a message. And this park was one big orgy of said noise - "Toilet blah has no path", "Ride Blah hasn't been fixed!". Seriously, it does NOT take a long time to just check a park through and make sure it's running properly. That's what testing's for! Gah.
    Gripes over, I wasn't sure what to think. The rides were ok, I guess, when they weren't broken down, although I didn't like the random boosters etc. I know it's old-school, but that's no excuse for awkward coasters. The buildings were more interesting, especially around the pinhead coaster. Also, ride names...I wish people would name their ride scenery!

Gah, I found it hard to gain enjoyment from this park because it was running so badly, but I did enjoy the whole happy/tortured thing with the 'family' coaster. The general feeling I got from looking at this was like the feeling I got from Tropico Cove when I first looked at it - I could probably enjoy the park more if it wasn't so...messily finished? Ah well.
  • Valp%s's Photo
    I really enjoyed viewing this park... insane coasters everywhere- especially Happy Mr. Fuzzy's Kiddie Koaster... crazy, crazy... and I liked Dust Devil as well. The park did give off a sort of unfinished feeling... and too many trees. Despite all the big "problems", it was still a very cool, old-style park that I enjoyed very much.

If you'll just keep improving and... updating your skills, I can't wait to see what you'll make next.
  • Kraken%s's Photo

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, it's that bell noise that comes up whenever there's a message.

I went back and fixed it up. I thought I had taken care of the problem, but I was mistaken.

No more beep beep noises now.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Its old school style and I like it.
  • PymGuy%s's Photo
    The way old school should be done.

I love it.

Keep on making more parks, dude. And post more here too!
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    I don't like this. Just because it was built a while ago shouldn't make it good. The key word in oldschool is old [got it out in 7 words], and I think people should stop posting old parks. Just my opinion.
  • Kraken%s's Photo
    I finished this less than 2 weeks ago...said that in the post at the top of the page.

Anyway, like I said, not for everyone.
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    The architecture was throughout the most of the park actually the same and the Wooden coaster's curve right after the drop would've been better if you would've made it larger with some little banked parts IMO, but except that I can't say it's that bad looking at all. Like Valp already mentioned, the Kiddie Coaster is one of the most insane and brilliant rides I've seen and the covered drop of the shoot-the-chutes you can see in the first screen's quite nice too.

I think it's fun to see once in a while one of those goldie oldies, a bit refreshing after all those modern and detailed parks from these days ;)
  • coasterphil%s's Photo
    Very nice park Kraken. Good architecture, solid rides, and really just a great LL park. Too bad you weren't able to release it sooner, when it would have been more popular.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading