RCT Discussion / I Give Up

• John%s's Photo
    I want a new computer now. :(
  • Steve%s's Photo
    mantis:

WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?

Best post ever, btw.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I have to brag.

I got my new laptop, and... WOW!  RCT 2 loads FAST!!!  I couldn't believe how fast it flew through the two loading screens and the object data checking screen!  It took like... five seconds.  :D  It still gives me a trapper error the first time, but even having to restart a park twice, loading RCT 2 parks still only takes me like half a minute.  I'm so happy!!! 

Also, my video card might be a little *too* fast.  Unless I bump the resolution way up, the coasters appear to go twice as fast as in "real life!"  :lol:

Okay, I'm done.  :)

mine's always been loading fast...

it's still a pain though to keep having to reload rct and wait another couple of seconds.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Posted Image

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

That just made my day right there. Words cannot express how hilarious that was!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    I see your point mantis! There ARE some very annoying bugs in RCT2.

As for custom scenery.......I sort of solved that problem by having a "mess" objdat folder which I use for looking at parks or working on group parks and a "clean" objdat folder to make new benches for parks. The latter only has scenery in it I really like and is of high quality (no stray pixels, good shadings/perspective, well alining,etc.) I have most of RCT Fun's scenery, most of Toontowner's scenery, some of Fisherman's, some of makonix' and some individual items made by others in it.
    Next to that, I have the original objdat folder for testing new objects.
    Changing folders all the time is time consuming indeed, but since I learned to love RCT2 (took me more than 3 months!) I accept it. As I accept (like a toothache!) the bugs.......

Toon, I think it would be an idea to make a list of good scenery. But I feel it has to be good as in "quality" not as in "taste".
    And it really would be a hell of a job to get it done seeing how much scenery there is around.....

Mama Bear
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Hey not to brag, but on my computer loadsRCT2 and parks instantly.

:D

(Now make a picture Mantis)
  • Madhollander%s's Photo

hmmmmmm

turtlesoup...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

As for custom scenery.......I sort of solved that problem by having a "mess" objdat folder which I use for looking at parks or working on group parks and a "clean" objdat folder to make new benches for parks. The latter only has scenery in it I really like and is of high quality (no stray pixels, good shadings/perspective, well alining,etc.) I have most of RCT Fun's scenery, most of Toontowner's scenery, some of Fisherman's, some of makonix' and some individual items made by others in it.
    Changing folders all the time is time consuming indeed, but since I learned to love RCT2 (took me more than 3 months!) I accept it. As I accept (like a toothache!) the bugs.......

Toon, I think it would be an idea to make a list of good scenery. But I feel it has to be good as in "quality" not as in "taste".
    And it really would be a hell of a job to get it done seeing how much scenery there is around.....

Mama Bear

Hey, the legendary Mama Bear has decided to post here! Welcome to NE! :D

And that "good scenery" would be a good list to just throw out... ideally as a folder, but if not, as a list with links to where to get them. :)
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

[font="Times"]Too bad it sucks shit becuase you are an impatient fool.

Anyways, I know how you feel even with a really fast computer error trappers fucking piss me off.
    Why can't we have some sort of NewElement standaradaztion of scenery in contests. Like we did for Highrollers, or the PT.

That would of been good. If you depend on one little piece of scenery to make your park perfect then your park isn't perfect. If you get my drift.

My plight isn't as bad as yours mantis but I feel you.
    [/font]
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'm also a little lost as to why this only started occurring in the past month. I started downloading parks in July 2003 and up until last month, the times when it would give the "invalid data" box were VERY rare. Usually it would install the custom data just fine, both rides and scenery, and then continue on loading the park. Now the invalid data messages have reached epidemic proportions. I'm wondering if this is also a new problem for most of you, or something that has happened in the past.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

Mama Bear

Hey, the legendary Mama Bear has decided to post here! Welcome to NE! :D

And that "good scenery" would be a good list to just throw out... ideally as a folder, but if not, as a list with links to where to get them. :)

Thanks Corkscrewed! Mama Bear a noob again! :lol:

I think we'd better wait with a list like that until RCT3 is released.......

If you depend on one little piece of scenery to make your park perfect then your park isn't perfect. If you get my drift.

Indeed Asperix, there are people that seem to have forgotten the words "imagination" and "improvisation" now that we have so much scenery.
    On the other hand, with improvisation, imagination AND a lot of scenery one can do astonishing things!
    Take for example cBass' work. And there are more!

Mama Bear
  • Adix%s's Photo

I'm also a little lost as to why this only started occurring in the past month.

Because it's getting to the point where everyone is sick of it.

And I agree with standardization. I'll help organize/throw up a site for it.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo

[font="Times"]Too bad it sucks shit becuase you are an impatient fool.

Anyways, I know how you feel even with a really fast computer error trappers fucking piss me off.
    Why can't we have some sort of NewElement standaradaztion of scenery in contests. Like we did for Highrollers, or the PT.

That would of been good. If you depend on one little piece of scenery to make your park perfect then your park isn't perfect. If you get my drift.

My plight isn't as bad as yours mantis but I feel you.
    [/font]

Okay, too bad you are a jealous bitch who dosen't know a good computer when he sees one. Seriously, shut the fuck up. You really don't know whit about anything. My new computer is amazing, and it never gets too hot at all. It can do so many things at once without slowing down. You always try to be an asshole, you tennis loving, rich fuck.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I like you T-Man, but that was really unnecessary in a thread like this.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo

I like you T-Man, but that was really unnecessary in a thread like this.

I know, but most of the stuff in this topic is pointless.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Change your fucking avatar.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

You always try to be an asshole, you tennis loving, rich fuck.

Who's the jealous bitch again? :lol:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading