RCT Discussion / Ice or Dirt

• OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    Some like to use the Ice land face behind water falls..some use Dirt..

I prefer dirt for the smaller waterfalls but if its a big one like more than 3 4 clearence waterfall pieces tall id use water but not on every piece of land.

What do you do?
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    i prefer dirt. real waterfalls dont have ice behind them, they have dirt
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Ice. It makes the waterfall seem more ravid and thicker. Plus it just looks fitting and more detailed imo. Infact, dirt behind waterfalls is a pet hate of mine. Strange fact fo' ya thur.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Ice. It makes the waterfall seem more ravid and thicker. Plus it just looks fitting and more detailed imo. Infact, dirt behind waterfalls is a pet hate of mine. Strange fact fo' ya thur.

What he said.
    Real waterfalls don't have just a few small trickles of water.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I agree with VooDiego here. The ice just looks so much thinker and more refreashing. I don't know it it's really "more natural" but it is surely more beautiful.

ride6
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    soon enough we won't have to worry about ice or dirt now will we? ;)

i usually use ice. by the way.
  • gir%s's Photo

i prefer dirt.  real waterfalls dont have ice behind them, they have dirt

The "ice" is actually acting as water in the waterfall, not ice. Sounds like you've never even touched LL. :p
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Ice. It gives the waterfall a more realistic feel, makes it look faster, makes there look like theres more water and so forth. Also it looks more detailed like Diego said.

soon enough we won't have to worry about ice or dirt now will we? wink.gif

That's gonna be kick ass. :yup: :D
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Depends on what mood I want to make. Ice is thicker, as people have mentioned, and gives the water "depth." Dirt is used for more rugged terrain, or to at visual variety.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i use black mine wall.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Rebel.

Anyways, I play RCT1, so I'm kind of damned to ice.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'll usually just use whatever looks better. If there's a lot of dirt around it, I might use ice. And vice-versa. And if I don't operate that way, I'll do the thing with the tall falls getting the ice and some of the smaller ones with the dirt. It all depends.
  • TsUnamI%s's Photo
    Usually I use dirt, but I have never thought of the idea of "think waterfalls."

Now I use ice. Ice ice baby...
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    i like dirt the most.

but to make a fall more like a water fall i use zero clearness and take mor than 1 piece of waterfall at one spot... and i make it whit a diffrent colours of bleu...
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    nobody likes my black backed waterfalls? :'(
  • REspawn%s's Photo

nobody likes my black backed waterfalls?  :'(

You know I love everything of yours, Blitz.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Yeah, as Gir said, the ice waterfall originated in RCT1. In RCT1, you're forced to use ice, since there is no waterfall piece. In RCT2, I like using dirt, though.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Depends what you're doing. If you're in a snow park, then ice, but in forest or fantasy, then dirt. Or Granite even.
  • X250%s's Photo
    I use ice as it gives the impression of white-water a lot better than dirt. Basically what Corkscrewed said about giving the falls some 'depth'. However i do sometimes use dirt backing, depends on the positioning of the waterfall.

-X-
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I've always liked the idea of being behind a waterfall. Maybe I'll get married behind one, that'd be gnarly...too bad I'm not planning on getting hitched anytime soon 8@

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading