RCT Discussion / RCT2.com Forums Reliability

• laz0rz%s's Photo
    Now that RCT2.com's forums have went down at least once each month during these last two months, are you beginning to question if the admims there have the boards fully under control? I am.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Why do people post stuff about RCT2.com here? :rolleyes:
  • JKay%s's Photo
    umm, why didnt you make this a topic on their forums machunk?
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Because they're down.

That's why I said, "at least once each month during these last two months".
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    nobody likes rct2.com. nobody likes you. therefore, nobody cares.

i see a pattern.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    You guys should argue over things that have importance.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Like politics!
  • John%s's Photo
    A thread like this, which would rightfully belong at RCT2.com, would be closed there.
    I highly doubt that many NE forum-goers care too much about RCT2.com, though.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

A thread like this, which would rightfully belong at RCT2.com, would be closed there.
    I highly doubt that many NE forum-goers care too much about RCT2.com, though.

I, for one, do not. I rarely visit rct2.com.

The only time that I do is when NE goes down over bandwidth, and even then I don't do much.

Close this, it's pointless.

ride6
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    being that my club is based at rct2.com, i do care that its down. :'(
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    I just wanted to have a flame-free discussion, unlike all the other topics here, which, if someone wanted to have a civilized discusion, it would end up in a flame war.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo

I just wanted to have a flame-free discussion, unlike all the other topics here, which, if someone wanted to have a civilized discusion, it would end up in a flame war.

God, just shut up please. You are the most annoying member here.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I hope they'll be back up soon! I just can't wait to read all of the thoughtful, entertaining stuff over at RCT2.com. Plus, they don't have civilized discussions turning into flame wars...............

For real though... I just hope they don't permanently close. If they were to do that, NE would have a n00b infestation. Everyone would then come over here and litter the boards with useless shit.

:|
  • John%s's Photo
    MachChunk, I am sick of this evil stigma surrounding NE being perpetuated. You only get out of NE what you put into it. If you think profanity and flame wars are the only things produced from the forums, you aren't helping to produce anything different. Usually it is the source of trouble that has a negative opinion about NE. Frankly, there is no one to blame for your stupidity but yourself. Start contributing in a more useful way. You can't expect people to give you respect by the date you've joined or the number of posts you have. Bitching about something never got it done, you have to put forth the effort to make change.

I would like to think NE has one of the most (if not the most) diverse community in terms of player skill levels, discussion topics, and people in general. If it weren't for the lax language rules and the open atmosphere, half of the personality would be gone. People can be more "themselves" here. It's a matter of personal preference, some people like the happy-go-lucky atmosphere of some websites and the structured atmosphere of others. Obviously NE is doing something right to have a fanbase as large as it has had for so long.

The next time you think about telling people about how "evil" NE is, think about what you are putting into it. Chances are you're just half-assing yourself. Don't blame your own mistakes and stupidity on the rest of us.
  • Kraken%s's Photo
    Jon is 100% correct. People bitch that the members here are too hard, but you know what-it's an open forum. You can say any damn thing you want! NOTHING hinders free discussion here except member attitude-and this can be changed and ignored.

Honestly, I think some of the bitterness does come from the fact that New Element DOES have the best talent, whether you like it or not. rct2.com, rct station, Coasterbuzz, Thrillnetwork-they're all essentially farm teams. NE has an unforgiving environment with very high standards-that's how it is here, and that's part of the reason there are so many great parkmakers.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else. NE can't be made all cute and cuddly without destroying a fundamental aspect of the site.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Now that RCT2.com's forums have went down at least once each month during these last two months, are you beginning to question if the admims there have the boards fully under control? I am.

The same has happened to NE, so think before you start slinging. I go to rct2.com quite a lot, and I trust the admins there. Richard's been a great community member right from the RCTUK start. Same with rcthelp, who's been around for a hell of a lot longer than you have. They're both great website runners. So don't lose faith, because what with the new project they've got and all the host problems they've had, I think they deserve a little PATIENCE and SYMPATHY from their members.
  • PBJ%s's Photo

Because they're down.

That's why I said, "at least once each month during these last two months".

^ good posting ^
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Yeah. NE went down last month, therefore it is quite obvious that Iris is the worst webmaster ever.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Moon, all I'm talking about is if you are beginning to question if the admins over there have it all under control. I wasn't saying if you are beginning to totally doubt them. And plus, NE hasn't gone down this month. I always have faith in iris, which is one reason I still come here.
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    I get the impression that it's more of a problem with their host as opposed to the boards or site. For about the past year, they have seemed to go down about every two/three months with problems that originate with their host server, not directly with the site's software/programming. Just my observation though....

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading