RCT Discussion / Who and how?

• laz0rz%s's Photo
    Yeah, it sounds like all the other "who will be the next parkmaker" topics, but this one is slightly different. Post who you think will be the next parkmaker and how you think they'll get the spot.

I think Kumba will be next. He will probably hit the right tone with Bayfront Park, getting at least runner-up status. If you're asking why he'd get parkmaker spot with a runner-up, well, consider this. PA got through with a parkmaker spot and he's never gotten a spotlight. Same thing with Twisted. They both gained their parkmaker status with three runner-ups or more. If iris thinks the same way with Kumba, then you might just see a specific front page announcement in late December. ;)
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I think Turtle could get a slot in due time. I think his solo will be good enough to at least snag a Super Runner-Up on its own like Waters of the Past did, plus he has further opportunities to prove himself in H2H3.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Kumba should have been parkmaker already,

and turtle will get it eventually.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Dark Janus when he releases a solo.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I think darkjanus will blow everyone away when he releases something.

Kumba should already be a parkmaker, he just does so much.

Metropole should be given a spot after Soul Calibur, or maybe after H2H3.

I think VooDiego could be given a spot sometime soon...
  • Dixi%s's Photo

I think VooDiego could be given a spot sometime soon...

I'll never be a parkmaker. :'(

Meh I dont really care, I just want to prove that I can build to a few of my critics before the dawn of the 3D-ness. Im finally enjoying the game for what tit tis.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    DarkJanus, when he gets a solo out there.

Turtle, just finish the solo.

Kumba, I acually agree, he's done lots.

I would really like to see Jacko a parkmaker.
    His QFTB entry really kicked ass.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I think Metro will be next, SC is awsome. Then maybe DJ, and I think Turtleman is almost done with his solo, so maybe keep an eye on him.

And thx for the encouragement (wow I speel't that without a google search!) :birthday: oh and MachChuck I got 4 runner-ups ;)
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

oh and MachChuck I got 4 runner-ups ;)

Yeah, but only 2 solo runner-ups.

I mean, so far.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I did more then half in IWV and T:TLI :p

Back on topic, yes Jacko mite be a great pick if he can keep makeing stuff like his qftb entry, also lets not forget Micool if we are talking about people that should have been parkmakers, like 5 release' in a 2 month span, poor guy. Do that again and I don't think you could not make it, we'd riot for ya ;)
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Turtle - Anytime he releases a solo, all of his work is top quality.

Diego - Same as turtle, just needs to release more of his good stuff.

Metropole - When SC comes out, and with H2H, he should get a spot.

Steve - Alot of people don't know what this guy is capable of. If he really puts his mind to something, its great stuff.

DJ - No idea really... I like what he's done in SC, and with his QFTB Entry, but I haven't seen anything else from him, so he's a tossup...

penguinBOB - I'm sure you'll be on alot more of these lists by the time QFTB is over...

Jacko Shanty - Just keep on keepin' on and you'll get there. ;)
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Kumba: He's done alot, so yeah. He's probably get the spot soon.

Darkjanus: Whenever he releases a park he will be a parkmaker.

HevyDevy: He's very good, his solo's looking very nice, so I think there's a chance he'll ge the spot with that release

Alec/AK: When he realeses his disney thing, yeah.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo

HevyDevy: He's very good, his solo's looking very nice, so I think there's a chance he'll ge the spot with that release

Thanks.

Kumba should be a parkmaker. All his work is good, and there is enough of it to fill up a well rounded parkmaker page. Turtle is on his way too.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Ah how could I forget him, yes he has the skill of a LL parkmaker imo, just needs to release some more stuff, but his crative use of track is some of the best I have ever seen bar-non.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    I haven't seen any non-parkmakers with stuff that strikes me as parkmaker quality. Frankly, I despise Kumba's parks. Turtle is a decent parkmaker. Everybody mentioned is very good, but they just don't seem to be able to stand with the greats.

No offense meant to anybody.

Although, Darkjanus did make some sweet stuff, I think.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Frankly, I despise Kumba's parks.

;)X
  • Elephant6%s's Photo
    If Steve maintains his current levl of quality in Future Aspects, I could definately see him as a parkmaker.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Thanks guys! :D

I forgot Titan, too.
    He needs to get some more work out there. His stuff rocks.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Hevy Devy- His solo looks to be one of the best LL park currently in the ad district, easy.

Turtleman- Tropical Dreams Florida is already shown from screens that it's at least to par with the work of Prince Ashitaka. Really it looks to be a blend of PA, Natelox and Botki to me, excellent.

VooDiego- Really this couldn't built parks that are anymore beautiful. He's like Fatha in rct2 and the only reasons that he not a parkmaker now comes down to:
    1) Rushed Pro Tour Entry
    2) Drunken, Angry, Stupid 'retirement'.

Micool- Very Hardworking and with a great sence of humor. Dispite being slightly cynicle at times I think the guy desirves far more respect than he gets.

People to watch out for:
    DarkJanus- Lots of creative skill, kinda like Phatage or cBass only different.
    Turtle- Somewhere inbetween Slob and VooDiego on the "beauty vs detail" scale and really the closest person be being the next SA imo.
    Blitz/TPM/Alec- If any of you three can build and release a park before it's two years out of date your skills and styles will set you ahead, easy.

Personally I don't think Kumba is quite ready. What I've seen of BP doesn't say that he desirves it to me. Nothing he's done yet just seems 'polished and ready' enough to get there. His PT made me believe that his time will come, but when is still in question.

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    *note to self, stop showing people that severly unfinished outdated version of BP*

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading