Related Games / No Custom Scenery in RCT 3... initially

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    From

http://www.ataricomm...threadid=379716

Expansion Packs
    At this time it is said that two expansion packs are in the works for RCT3. Noted themes above may be in those expansion packs as only 5 themes are said to be released with the initial game.

Release Date
    Game unofficially at November 2nd 2004.

We hope to release a limited playable demo in September that will be ‘beta’ code and give you a taste of the new RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3.

Making your own scenery
    It has been announced in articles that there is a desire to perhaps allow the RCT community to be able to make their own 3D scenery. This will not occur however in the original release. The team at Frontier and Atari want this to be possible and they will have to discuss it further.

Also:

Confirmed Rides

6.1 - Flat Rides

There will also be 28 different track type based rides with roughly 40 different types of cars.

3D Cinema
    Bucking Broncos
    Carousel
    Crooked House/Haunted House?
    Dodgems (Bumper Cars)
    Double Inverter
    Double Inverting Swinging Ship
    Drop Tower
    Enterprise
    Ferris Wheel (several variations)
    Frisbee/Afterburner
    Go-Karts
    Jet Skis
    Magic Carpet
    Monorail (big carriages, small carriages)
    Motion Simulator
    Pirate Ship
    Rotor
    Round Up
    Sky Coaster
    Skytower Ride
    Skywheel
    Slide
    Splash Boats
    Submarine
    Tea Cups
    Top Scan
    Top Spin
    Water Slide Bungee Trams
    Zipper

6.2 - Coasters

There are 48 different Roller Coaster Types, with 80 different types of cars.

4D Coaster
    Bob Sled
    Giga Coaster
    Impulse Coaster
    Inverted Coaster
    Steel Corkscrew Coaster
    Steel Wild Mouse
    Suspended Coaster
    Suspended Single Rail Coaster
    Steel Mini (Automobile, Lady Bug)
    Virginia Reel
    Water Slide
    Wooden Coaster
    Wooden Wild Mouse

6.4 - Scenery

***Generic (Plain) Theming***
    Dome Building Theming
    Egyptian/Roman Theming
    Fantasy Theming
    Giant Garden Theming
    Jungle/Tropical Theming
    Inca Theming
    Space Theming
    Western Theming

In case you cared.

But... um... yeah... no CS for now.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Uh oh, time to resort back to creativity. :!!:

Or...coaster track scenery. :|''''
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Yup.

Oh well.. I did manage to do half of WDE w/o CS... I'm sure I could finish a whole park. :D
  • John%s's Photo
    So the building method for architecture will be similiar/the same as RCT2?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Crappers, this WAS posted in the IGN update thread. :@
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    Damn. Plus, we have so few good coasters. They took most of the good ones away and left crappy ones.
  • vTd%s's Photo

Damn. Plus, we have so few good coasters. They took most of the good ones away and left crappy ones.

I think you misread that. There are 48 coaster types, MUCH more than in any of the previous games.

This is a good thing, all the custom scenery was one of the worst parts about RCT2 in my opinion. Why actually be creative when you can just go design something to add to the game so it will load slower.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

The team at Frontier and Atari want this to be possible and they will have to discuss it further.

Well of course they do. They relise how bad their scenery sucks.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I hope they don't make custom scenery and rides available. That way there won't be giant-assed files like Phantasia that is hard as hell to open. It will force people to be more creative, instead of going and downloading whatever they need.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I will be the first to concede that the giant assed files and bloated objdat folders are a royal pain in the ass. That said however, I think it is total bullshit to say that custom scenery has replaced creativity in RCT2. Noone can tell me that what Mala, Phatage or cBass does with custom scenery is not creative. Yes there is a lot of useless crappy custom scenery that people use in RCT2, but there is also a lot of great mind freeing stuff that allows visions that were impossible to realize in LL to be achieved. I still love LL and what people do with it, but I also love what certain parkmakers do with RCT2 and it is my preferred mode of parkbuilding because of what it allows me to do. From the looks of it RCT3 is great, but until I see what tools are available for it, I cannot judge whether the absence of custom scenery will be a negative or not. It's gonna be a different game and a completely different medium to work in. How the pallet will be used is very intriguing to me!

I also don't understand why those people who prefer LL to RCT2 spend so much time slagging RCT2? I rarely hear it going the other way. Shut up about it already. If you don't like RCT2, don't look at the parks. There is still plenty of LL work being released. I feel sorry for the LL parkmakers sometimes because there stuff doesn't get the comment volume it often deserves, but there are an awful lot of LL parkmakers guilty of not providing comments to their peers.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I see nothing wrong with that option.... They're providing much more scenery which strangley looks alot like the community's custom scenery.... Wait untill the release before we start complaining about this..

They've already added alot more than there was in RCT2 so lets wait and find out.
  • coolioneodawg2003%s's Photo
    when does it come out?
  • vTd%s's Photo

I also don't understand why those people who prefer LL to RCT2 spend so much time slagging RCT2? 

Because it was a missed oppurtunity. Alot of great stuff was just nulled because the building mechanics are some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

I rarely hear it going the other way.  Shut up about it already.  If you don't like RCT2, don't look at the parks.

It's got nothing to do with looking at the parks, because that has never been a problem, my problem is the play mechanics are awful. Thank God for people like you who are willing to stick it out to create some stuff that looks really good.

I personally don't have the patience to mess with the insanely stilted and obtuse way you have to build in the game. The original made it easy and fun and second nature, but having to make sure that every single little piece of scenery is in the perfect position, especially when you don't know if it is being placed on the block you want or somewhere behind it. It's the most annoying and frustrating game engine I've ever seen. It's like they came up with something that is a good idea in theory, but had no idea how to execute it properly (if there is in fact a good way to execute it).

When I have to spend half an hour to make a single building combined with combing through the overstuffed objdata boxes, then it gets to the point where I want to throw the computer out the window. In RCT, building was fun... here, it's a mind-numbing chore.

Like I said, thank God for people like you, who have the patience to make something good... but I'd rather not spend much time playing something that isn't fun in the least.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

when does it come out?

It is scheduled to be released in November.
  • natelox%s's Photo

In RCT, building was fun... here, it's a mind-numbing chore.

Sounds like you should go back to playing RCTLL then. I, for one, would love to see something new from you.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

In RCT, building was fun... here, it's a mind-numbing chore.

Judging by the speed with which you put out RCT 1 parks, I'd say RCT 1 building was a chore too!! :p
  • vTd%s's Photo

Sounds like you should go back to playing RCTLL then. I, for one, would love to see something new from you.

Go back? I stopped playing RCT2 a week and a half after it came out.

Besides, who's to say I'm not working on something.
  • REspawn%s's Photo

You can also build parks in the old and new 3D modes.

I'm not sure, It may have come across miscommunicated on me but does this mean we will be able to build in either RCT1&2 type or 3D? Is so, That'll be brilliant.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

I'm not sure, It may have come across miscommunicated on me but does this mean we will be able to build in either RCT1&2 type or 3D? Is so, That'll be brilliant.

Yes.
  • REspawn%s's Photo

Yes.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......YAY

..etc...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading