Ask the Experts / Please Critique My RCT Archy

• iamunknown73%s's Photo
    Hey there. I've been around the RCT community almost since the first game came out, but have never really done anything. I decided I wanted to start doing RCT since I don't really have time for the all preparation that RCT2 parks require (i.e. getting custom scenery, etc.), and I've always liked the style of all the RCT Parkmakers. So, I've started on a 50x50 mini, Horror/Swamp theme. I know by reading the threads around that incomplete screens are not accepted too well, but since I am merely concerned about the archy, I figured it wouldn't matter. So, here they are:

http://img.villageph...756824/SCR1.gif
    http://img.villageph...756824/SCR2.gif

Please provide any criticsm! I'm open!

-iamunknown73
  • iamunknown73%s's Photo
    Sorry for being a push-over, but there have been ~50 views. Any help? I've been looking at more RCT parks, but the adventure rides and track merging is still far beyond me. However, I'm hoping on getting better at archy. ^^

-iamunknown73
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    the first pic doesn't look like buildings, the second more so, but not composed very well...

good ideas and such, just not pulled off in the best of manners.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Sorry it took so long, but I really didn't feel like doing this for a few days.

First Screen:
    It looks good for a space theme. I like the stacked bumper cars, but instead of using the drop rides for the center supports, I would go for rapids track. Try making 2x2 circles out of rapids track and make a few layers of that so it pokes out at the top. Then cover the water with paths or a chairlift turn. As for the glass walkways, I would build a path overtop of them. And the center building I would suggest you start again.

Second Screen:
    Virginia Reel awnings were, in my opinion, a fad that happened a few years go. Yes, I got sucked in but I wish I didn't. Personally, they aren't that attractive, but if you must use them, use them differently that how you did in your screen. The way you used them there makes it look like it was thrown together in a matter of seconds. Put more thought into them and try to make it look more like an awning. Again, I would put a path over the glass "stations." As for the ghost train windows, I would use something else, perhaps a single rail flyer. And finally, I know you only wanted me to comment on your architecture, but your landscaping, tree selection and placement could use some work too.

Hope it helps!
  • iamunknown73%s's Photo
    Thanks a ton Natelox. I'll try your path ideas; I can't visualize it yet. But I'm definitely going to use the river rapids track. I've seen that in other parks and liked it, but didn't think of using it. Also, I'll try the single-rail flyer and see if it gets out of the way more (I assume that's its purpose). I'll try some different rooving options, but Virginia Reel tracks are too easy! Although I need to redo them anyways...

-iamunknown73

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading