(Archive) Advertising District / The Lost Garden

• PBJ%s's Photo
    i´m bizzy with a park called The Lost Garden. the park is done for 25% now. and will cover 3 theming zones. these are: Jungle (see screens) wood and the entrance.

i hope you like it.

Posted Image

on the farright you see Snake pit

Posted Image

Posted Image

The coaster is called: Iron Claw of the Lizzard

tips are always welcome... so take you shot :p
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    General shapes are good... Too mcuh green and brown though...
  • black_dragon%s's Photo
    I like the 2nd and 3rd screen, I do have a question about the 1st one: Is it finished? 'Cause it doesn't look finished to me, I am missing roofs! I like the coaster in the 2nd and 3rd screen, although I think the themeing is a little bit to much. TO much jungle, although I know there are alot of trees and bushes in the jungle, I think you overdone it a bit. But that's maybe just a matter of taste.

Good luck with this!

Black_Dragon :devil:
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Reminds me a bit too much of the green area at SixFrags's Pro Tour entry, but it's looking quite nice (I esspecially like that weird structure hanging on that entrance in the middle of the first screen, or whatever it's meant to be :p). Not too sure about the grey checkered roof in the first screen and the several types of walls stacked on eachother in the last one though...

I was wondering when you were going to start a new project ;) Good luck with it.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    It's good.
    I like the trees and bashes... theme

and path make color.over
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    It looks pretty good, I like it. I just think the 1st screen is kinda unfinished. You're missing roof pieces. I also think you're overdoing it. Too much green and brown. I'd add a little less green and a little more gray or black, but thats me. Well, anyway, nice job and I'm looking forward to the release.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    The names a little, wee-wee-ey. I don't understand how you can have a lost garden. However, the park it's self doesn't look bad. You've created a good atmosphere, while also incorporating good coaster interaction. My only suggestion is, well, grass doesn't grow on wood, so I would change the land textures from black wood to the default type. Other than that, not to bad, maybe a few to many trees and such, but it's not that big of a deal.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'd stick a dark brown path in there instead of the green one you have. No offense to its maker, but I have never seen that green path look good in any context.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    1st screen: The vast amount of awkardly arranged brown roof is very distracting here. I'm also not keen on the windowing scheme you've gone with; I do think a different color path would look better as well. Altogether, it looks very messy to me

2nd & 3rd screens: I think the green path look fine here; they add to the nice junglish atmosphere. The wood walls dont quite fit imo. The coaster looks cool, but this is a theme that has been done a million times before, so I cant say its anything groundbreaking. Still an improved effort from your earlier work.

Oh, and as mentioned before, I would think about a better name for the park. Lost Garden hits me as cliche and confusing.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    The overall feel is nice, keep the paths..like my park it fits the theme.

Your flyer seems like it has too much laying down time instead of "flying" style like they are meant to be..

Its good overall but the first screen seems cluttered.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    WTF? Am I seeing double? This park is just like OCF's park Katonga Valley......
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Huh?

SF ???
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Couple more things.

1st screen: About that building on the right of the courtyard, with the little gazebo-type thing on top with steel rails. Those two tilted wooden rooves on either side of the gazebo, that lead up to the same height as the rails - I would suggest putting flat rooves in those two spots. Right now it gives kind of a flappy, uncontained effect.

2nd screen: On the building on the right with the canvas tent on top, you're missing a wall piece on the second level, or maybe it's just the angle.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    ^Cuz zit's a GLASS WINDOW, cyclops. :D

Looks good, I just have one comment-

FINISH IT!!!
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    @ black_dragon: My thoughs where that the fist screen was ready but the amount of comments on it that are asking the same is forcing me to make it better.

@ Corkscrew: Yes the "weird structure hanging on that entrance in the middle of the first screen" is a thing the is suposed to be there. i like it.... and about the grey tiles, brown ´d make it overdone and black to dark so grey was for me the best choose

@ RCT_Master: "I just think the 1st screen is kinda unfinished. You're missing roof pieces" but what do you mean with Missing roof pieces?

@ BchillerR: I´ll make the texture back to rock but not every where but I´ll see what i can do.

@ JKay: "Lost Garden hits me as cliche and confusing" Thinking of good names is not my best point...

@ OhioCoasteRFreaK36: the screen that you are seeing is to only part where the coaster is Up-Side-Down.

@ Six Frags: I admit that you PT entry is my inspiration for this part. but I do not copy it from your park. i must say sorry for the fact that it maybe looks the same but it is not my meaning to make it the same...

@ Panic (2): 1st screen: About that building on the right of the courtyard, with the little gazebo-type thing on top with steel rails. Those two tilted wooden rooves on either side of the gazebo, that lead up to the same height as the rails - I would suggest putting flat rooves in those two spots. Right now it gives kind of a flappy, uncontained effect.

I don´t understand 1 thing that you are saying. but i guess it good intend :D and on the 2nd screen i miss a wall tnkx for saying it!

@ DarkRideExpert: FINISH IT! yes i will.... 8-)

tnkx everyone for the posting! :yup:
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    I've seen too many parks being UN-FINISHED and left in the void beyond page 2 to die. :D
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Zou toch zweren dat er nog een plaatje bij zat op rctholland.nl. T'ziet er ok uit, maar niet echt speciaal, zoals eerder gezegd lijkt het veel op Six Frags gebeuren.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I lost my cucumber in your garden.
  • black_dragon%s's Photo

Zou toch zweren dat er nog een plaatje bij zat op rctholland.nl. T'ziet er ok uit, maar niet echt speciaal, zoals eerder gezegd lijkt het veel op Six Frags gebeuren.

Why the fuck are you talking Dutch? This ain't a park from SixFrags!!! THIS IS PBJ (or is he dutch as well? wtf... :lol: )

Ah well...

I'll just translate it:

I swear there as another pic with it on rctholland.nl, it looks ok, but not really special. As said it looks like Six Frags' Pro Tour Entry.

Translated... ;)

Black_Dragon :devil:
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Die is ook Nederlands ja....
    En ik geef er niet zoveel om dat je het gebruikt als inspiratie, vind het juist een eer!
    Ik vond het alleen grappig dat ChiliHockey zei dat t op OCF's park Katonga Valley lijkt...

SF ;)

ps; Now translate Zwarte Draak!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading