RCT Discussion / RCT Clubs

• rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Who is left in the major powers?

RCTU still exists, and so does RCTI and RCTR. RCTM still releases stuff all the time.

They seem to be the only 4 large clubs that still exist, yet the only one that releases anything is RCTM.

Que interesante.

Am I missing anyone?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well RCTI most likey has the highest release rate. and also has won like 10 or 11 runner-ups in a row here. (every round since the first Dimensions by Me, i think?)

Can't leave out SDI, but I don't think they have had a release yet.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    But Demensions was a solo. I'm talking about actual club parks that members work on together.
  • MindBender5%s's Photo
    Yeah, RCTI has had a lot of joint and club parks released I'd say. The latest was a VP runner-up I believe. I'd probably put them along side the activity level of the Masters.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'm glad to see our work is enjoyed.

Two parks, three months, you'd think that'd earn us some credit.
  • Titan%s's Photo

But Demensions was a solo.  I'm talking about actual club parks that members work on together.

RCTI has 13 done, and 9 more almost done. For under 2 years, thats not bad... and ALL of them are RCT2.

Masters are ahead of us because half of theirs were released before we were even a club.

But yeah, RCTI, RCTU, and RCTM are the powers IMO, as RCTR hasn't done alot recently (they're still very good mind you) and RCTX could be a power, but I really don't know. I sadly don't own LL and I thought you guys only released 2 under 100x100 parks? ???
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo

RCTX could be a power, but I really don't know.  I sadly don't own LL and I thought you guys only released 2 under 100x100 parks?  ???

Titan, Capybara Downs and Urban Midnight were both 126x126... :)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    RCTU is pointless. I was in it and made one of the only group parks that was produced. At that point of secrets of venice, paradise falls etc.....It was a successful club but now it is just a name.

Nothing is being produced and hasn't been for a long time. Before i left there were about 5 projects in the making.
    NWA was going reallly well and was nearly finished. This might actually get a release soon if people work on it. I will gladly do some work on it if somebody sends it to me considering i was in this in the first place. I had my mexican area completed but the wrong park was passed on to somebody else and that was lost.

Overall they need to produce something or they will just have high profile parkmakers with no parks.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    RCTI has a lot of stuff in the works right now. As Titan said, there are currently 9 parks in progress at RCTI, some double map projects and most of which are at least 200x200. That kinda stufff takes a lot of time, especially with RCT2 and just about a dozen members. If we stay consistantly efficient, most of these parks could all be released at the same time, which will be amazing. Other than us, I see RCTM as the most productive and organized club, with SDI next in line. Like Scarface said, its easy to have a club with high profile players, but its not as easy to have several group parks completed in a timely manner. I have to commend AustinPowers for being such an awesome leader at RCTI; he makes sure shit gets done!
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

.....That kinda stufff takes a lot of time, especially with RCT2 and just about a dozen members....... 

......I have to commend AustinPowers for being such an awesome leader at RCTI;  he makes sure shit gets done!.....

It sure does take a lot of time to get big club projects done! For instance, Masters Palette is a 4 mapper (4 x 128x128) and has 18 members involved. The project started January 2003 but now is nearing completion!

You are right to give a spotlight to the club leaders! What AP is for RCTI, Kai is for the Masters.......I don't think the clubs would survive without them........
    It is not easy to keep 12+ members going and motivated!

Mama Bear
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

I have to commend AustinPowers for being such an awesome leader at RCTI;  he makes sure shit gets done!

Ditto. I find it funny how people often mistake his leadership skills for him forcing us to finish parks. He doesn't force us to do anything - he just doesn't want the club to slack off.. because then we'd follow down the path of some other clubs who never complete anything. Isn't that the point of a club leader anyways?
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    RCTI and RCTM are the "super powers" right now since they both have a large number of highly active (and skilled) members who are cranking out releases left and right. RCTU and RCTM have the strongest member lists but RCTM doesn't seem to use its best members very well and RCTU just doesn't produce. Meanwhile RCTI has been using all of their members to their fullest and they're pulling out quality parks as often as RCTM despite the apearence of weakness on the surface.

RCTX has a few good members right now and at least one of them will probably always be there (Corkscrew). Sadly our roster lacks the punch of I, U or M and our productivity for high-quality stuff is pretty much at zip. We have a few projects that could be very good but they're still in the early stages so they may never get released.

SDI has a roster that contains members that rival the best of RCTM and RCTU, however the level of public activity is still at nearly zero.

The club situation at the moment tells me this- if you want your work in club parks seen within a year of building it, get in RCTI or RCTM. Really those two are the strongest clubs at the moment IMO and unless RCTU or SDI prove me wrong, I think it's going to stay that way.

ride6
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Adam's right... we've got some great parkmakers, but we're just lazy when it comes to actually making parks. Most of us are a lot slower in producing, but produce high-quality work when we do. If you look at each of our parkmakers, the main problem is production rate.

As far as I know about NWA, it seems to be going really well. Revival is doing good, I've done some work, with Morty.

RCTM used to be a huge power, and had lots of releases, one after another. Not much seems to have happened with them recently, though. RCTI is the new club power, with a ton of releases. SDI has potential, but nothing has been heard of their Euro park recently. RCTR and RCTX don't seem to have much going with them, but RCTX is picking up.

That's my view on the clubs.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

I'm glad to see our work is enjoyed.

Two parks, three months, you'd think that'd earn us some credit.

Btw I think I'd better stick up for RCTX here having fucked it over before...or something.
    It's sad that such a good club isn't really being appreciated. I like to think of X as an up-and coming parkmaker experience, although there are some unrecognized classics in there too, like BigFoot, or Corkscrew. Nevertheless, it's sad that a good release schedule isn't a) being appreciated or *b*) even being recognized...
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

RCTM used to be a huge power, and had lots of releases, one after another.  Not much seems to have happened with them recently, though.

Not much seems to happen?? ???

Nascar Experience: super runnerup
    Portmeirion village: VP winner July 2004
    Pacific Islands: VP winner april 2004
    Acorn Springs : NE runner up.........

Just to name a few..
    Nascar and Portmeirion both released last month!!

Mama Bear
    PS. And those are all clubparks! I'm not even mentioning the soloprojects by clubmembers.....
  • Godfather%s's Photo
    Kumba how can i join RCTI? do i need a tryout?
  • Metropole%s's Photo

Meanwhile RCTI has been using all of their members to their fullest and they're pulling out quality parks as often as RCTM despite the apearence of weakness on the surface.

Appearance of weakness on the surface?

I hear you that we have no NE Parkmakers on the roster, but we are damn close.

Kumba - Totally productive, did an awesome pro tour entry which gained him 12th (i think) above expectations. Has got God knows how many runners up. Could be the next parkmaker.

Jkay - 2 runners up in a row (one a super runner up) fastest parkmaker ive seen for a long time.

Jacko Shanty - Won the best of round in qftbx round 1 with an excellent entry

Penguin Bob - Also won the best of his round over corkscrewed, an achievement on it's own. Got a runner up alongside Kumba with IWV

Austin Powers - Got runner up with Babylon. Has Roman Epic on it's way with high anticipation.

Tyandor - Making adventure studios, easily a super runner up. Yet to be proven though.

Six Frags - Another productive guy. Made a surprise high entry in the pro tour. LXG just completed, we'll see how that fairs.

Supertrooper - 1 VP (scarborough fair), 1 NE runner up (Big top circus) and then the amazing qftb entry, Soul Train which also got the best of his round

Titan - Neptune's fury, awesome PT entry. His amazing rockwater valley Rapids ride for qftb shows his worth

Steve - Hmm....you gotta point there Ride6. :| Only joking steve ;)X Future aspects looks awesome...second in the rcthq contest. Damn good entry that.

Mad Dawg - Building that v.v.v. realistic disney park (i hate disney, but there we go)

Drew: What happened to Onyx?

Xophe - Billerica Bay got VP at RCT2.com, Weather Wonders looks even better.

Indy - Need to release something

Sirspinster - Same goes for you

And last and least

Me - Soul Calibur in the making, got runner up with JW, got though qftb round 1 in an extremely tough battle with a toilet making machine, aka MachChunk.

Anyway, there we go B) RCTI don't have an appearance of weakness on the surface. Byebye

Metro B)
  • Drew%s's Photo

Drew:  What happened to Onyx?

Ask Phatage. :p
  • Steve%s's Photo
    You almost had me there, Metro. ;)
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Metropole, he said you appeared to have a weakness on the surface. If you needed to dive that deep in order to prove that your club is not weak, then maybe you also realize that your club appears weak at first glance, albiet subconciousely..

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading