RCT Discussion / lift hill speeds....

• Splash-0%s's Photo
    Hey, i used the search option but i couldn't really find the right topic so i guess no one has asked this question before...

So the thing is:
    I have a coaster with 2 lift hills. (well i wish it was like that)
    The first one to bring the coaster to the top of the hill (whith normal speed)
    The second one, is a very fast lift hill to launch the coaster again.
    so the second lift hill has a different speed than lift hill number one...

but i found out that i couldn't get that to work.
    I built the second lift out of a new coaster and i selected there my lift hill speed (araound 100 km/hour), but when the train gets to this lift hill.....it just goes with 9 km/hour over the lift hill

I also made the the first lift hill out of a new coaster, and made the second lift hill out of the original coaster but than it's also fucked up 8@

So i guess that this is a stupid question cause it is just not possible or it's very easy....but before i demonish my coaster i just want to make sure if it is possible or not.

very short again (if you don't wanna read my hole post)
    -2 lift hills both with a different speed, is it possible ?
    oh yeah it's rct2 and it's for my upcoming project.
  • HPRenegade150%s's Photo
    Well you could build 2 different tracks for your lift hills and then merge them. That would be the only solution I can think of...
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Why not use the launch lift hill track? That'd work alot easier than a double lift...
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im pretty sure its not possible. If it was a giga coaster, you could use the rope pull thing straight out of the station, and use a lift hill later on. If you merge tracks, it reads the lift speed of its origion (real) coaster.
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    thanks guys

Well you could build 2 different tracks for your lift hills and then merge them. That would be the only solution I can think of...

i tried that too, and that doesn't work either

Why not use the launch lift hill track? That'd work alot easier than a double lift...

Well, my fault i wasn't clear about the 2 lift hills.
    The first one is just a regular lift hill, wich goes on normal speed and upwards.
    but the second one is flat, so you get launched horizontal....so a launch lift hill can't fit in...cause it is flat and a launched lift hill only goes upwards...

richie:
    No a giga rope lift wont fit.....cause the station isn't straight in front of the firts hill... :(

but thanks for the idea's guys...the giga idea i'd never thought about that myself

I did find a solution myself :) but i'm still not satisfied....
    What i did now is, build a new piece of track on the place where there should be the horizontal lift chain...made a station on the track of the new coaster....selected powered launch on the ORIGINAL station and the launch speed....now the train stops in both stations and the train gets launched when it leaves both stations....so just after the first station i built a lot of brakes so that the coaster gets to normal speed :) and when the coaster leaves the second station it just good with the launch. and the lift chain on the first hill just has normal speed....i hope you can understand it
    it took me 1 hour to come up with that idea, altough i'm not satisfied it's better than nothing

If anyone knows anything better, let me know please
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    You can do what Alec did in the qftb thing and make the original station a reverse freefall one, so that then on all flat, unmodified track will launch the train.
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    thanks for the idea Phatage.
    I tried it but....i'm not that good at rct as you....so it got a bit complicated....
    The way it is now should do, I hope...so i'll keep it like this....

but thanks again guys for giving me some ideas :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading