(Archive) Advertising District / 'Enchanting'...

• sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Some of you may remember this park in RCT Station? Well, ok its finally done....at least for 2005.

http://www.rcthq.com.../file.php?id=36
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Wow, this is really amazing. I love the launch coaster. I think you executed the theme just right. If you keep producing this kind of stuff, you might become a NE parkmaker someday.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Wow. LOved it! Finally some respect for you.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    Yeah, had to post for this, sweet sfgadv02. You're work is some of my favorite, you're hacking and themeing, and over all lay out is just super creative, nice execution, and good job on finishing it.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    It looked fun, and generally I really liked it, in particular, the coasters and the landscaping. But the architecture was poor imo...it was very blocky throughout the park, with not much colour variation. But then I do like complex architecture in parks.
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck ya!

FINALLY! Thank god, i've been waiting soooooooooooo damn long for this (this coming from the person making KAA... lol). But ya, i'm gonna go check this out now...
  • MindBender5%s's Photo
    I'm so glad you finished this, man. Now maybe you'll stop abandoning all your obviously good projects. ;)

As for the park, it shows what ride design is all about. So many creative rides all in one park. I absolutely love it!
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Thanks for posting this park, sfgadv02; I had so much fun looking through it.
    I was especially impressed by your coaster and hacking skills. Most of the ride layouts were creative and very well executed (except for some unbanked turns...).

If this is what you can do with no custom scenery, I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Damn. It's beautiful... :0 You themed everything so good. I like what you did with the launch coaster, with the grenn, yellow, and red lights, it's cool. The colors fit in very nicely. I give this a 9 out of 10. :)
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    is hopeless host the riddler?
  • Micool%s's Photo
    The Riddler
    brent0s
    various other crappy nicknames ;)
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I enjoyed this park greatly. It was so cool.
    The giga coaster was awesome, as was that looping coaster.
    I think it was called Wildfire.
    I can't wait to see how Vulture turns out.
    Great work, man.

Drew :bandit:
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

The Riddler
    brent0s
    various other crappy nicknames ;)

:-O

Thank god he didn't compete in QFTBx, or I would have been screwed.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Very nice park :)
    I really liked all the great details in the park, attention to detail like that really makes a park special. I loved things like the rickety bridge (that's my favourite part of the park, that area) and the chairlift with the custom supports. Good rides too, some pretty unique ideas and good coaster designs. Especially smaller rides like "Dragster" and "Wild Wild West" was really cool, because things like those are somewhat overlooked in most realistic parks, I think. The two shows was nice too.
    The best thing was the atmosphere though, in some parts it was really fantastic.

However, the park felt a bit monotonous overall, some of the architecture looked a bit uninspired (especially in contrast to the inspired-looking architecture) and I didn't like the wood sides on the landscaping at all. The flowers everywhere worked sometimes, but not always. Also, the construction sites, mainly the flyer, seemed a bit like they were more to fill out space than adding to the park.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Thx guys, wasnt expecting this much feedbacks. ;)

About the architecture, at the time of building [2002], I wasnt really fond of building architecture, so I just got lazy and put some architecture to get the job done. ;) Dont worry, that had changed in my new Enchanted Park. :lol:
  • Murdock%s's Photo
    :yup:
    I like this! It looks like a real park.
    Many details, nice flat-rides and coasters, some are very cool, for example the B&M Launch Coaster (i think it should be a Intamin Rocket Coaster ;)).

But also i don't like the Intamin Megacoaster (I fogot the name).
    It's a bit too angular and the vertical first-drop...this is not so good.
    And second, the woodie (Cliffhanger) has this little steel-track part i also don't like....

Netvertheless this park is very nice.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Really a good park. Would have been a great park for it's time though. Had you finished this when you should have, it might have got Pinnacle Park. :p

I have one question though... what happened to the Fish-hook coaster? The ice-themed one... wasn't that made in Enchanted Elements?
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    I thought that was Survivor. Lemme check.

EDIT: Yes, it is. IM me if you want to have it.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    This was a nicely done park. I agree that it would have been much more wow-y had it been released a while ago, but there were some nice ideas in there. Interestingly enough, it wasn't the hacked ride(s) that caught my attention, but it was the way you custom supported the chair lift. It may have been done before by others, but I thought the way you did it was well executed and very believable looking. I hope to see more work from you...it was a fun park to browse around.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Finally man!! I've not checked it out yet, but damn this was like my faviorate park in construction since.... ever? That website you made for it feckin owned though, is that still up?

What happened to that park we were going to make. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading