(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland Greece

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    23rd March, 2037.

Hey everyone! I've just returned from a wonderful trip to Greece! I decided to check out the new Disneyland resort that has opened a few years ago in Athens. I'll update you with quite a few trip reports for your enjoyment. My updates will include something new each time. I hope you enjoy my report!

Sadly, the newly announced DisneySea Greece was still under construction during my visit. Depressed at first, all that changed once I stepped through the doors of the Disneyland Hotel. You cannot believe this huge hotel. It hides the entrance to the park with its fancy whites and dark red colors! The interior is also amazing. The hallways are filled with Disneyish exhibits! There are 350 rooms in this gigantic structure. Out of the 350 rooms 215 have a lake side view or a park view. 44 rooms have balconies. I stayed in a room facing the park with a balcony! It was absolutely magical! I reserved the room for 3 nights! I took a few pictures of the hotel and I picked out the best one just for you!

Posted Image

This is just the beginning! Be sure to keep reading for updates of Disneyland including coverage of "ToonTown" and a brand new look for Adventureland! I want to reveal the castle also but I'd like to keep something a surprise! Wouldn't want to reveal too much now, would I? ;)
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Well, I really like your unique guest-perspective of advertising, but the screen doesn't do much for me. Its the roof; I dont think I've seen anything flatter in my life (minus some of those female Olympic gymnists). The facade of the hotel, although slightly repetitive, is decent. Your still improving in my eyes DF, just see what you can do with that roof, cause right it looks like a Disney Motel 6.

EDIT: thanks sa
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I believe the term you're looking for is Motel 6.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    What's that building on the top of the hotel? Anyway, I've found a main challenge to building hotels is to try and make the roof look vaguely interesting. I think this is where you've failed a bit...i dont really know what to suggest without giving away secrets of my park!
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo

I believe the term you're looking for is Motel 6.

^W/E. It looks good Disney Freak, it just doesn't look like something you'd find in a Disney park. Make it 1 story taller, if you can, and work on the roof a bit. On the 1st floor, why do you have dorrs leading to nowhere? Nice presentation though, keep up the hard work. ;)
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    It needs to be more grand and creative. I'm sure you know that Disney Hotels are grand, themed well, ect. and don't look like a spruced up Motel 6.
    I'd say, for the entrance your doing, make somthing like the Disneyland Paris Hotel but with your own theme and originality.
    Also, move your Hotel further back cause it is too close to the edge of the map but if you can't then it's cool. Oh and don't forget to put rock below those paths cause no one wants to walk on grassy paths. ;)

Good luck with this park and I hope it is as good or better than your DisneySEA park.

P.s. I love the way your advertising this. It is so original and a nice change from those old press type ones.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    It's so flat and long. It's not exciting in any way.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    I owuld suggest a little more detail on the roof such as another story or two. I do like how this is starting though. Also change the color under the path. That's a biggie.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I thought you were going to wait until the park was half done to announce it?
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Ok, I'll try and 'explain' the hotel a bit more!

JKay - Thank you for your kind words. Yes the hotel isn't my best piece of work but even at Disney some hotels are only facades. I'll see what I can do to make it more interesting but I'm also aiming for it to be realistic too, meaning, not everything I do will be to satisfy the eyes of the player watching because Disney isn't all glamour. Beyond what the eyes see is usually plain and ugle. Anyhow, I'll try interesting shapes. Thanks for the comment.

sacoasterfreak - Just don't complain about my posts later.

Panoramical - Read above.

RCT_Master - Those aren't doors. Those are windows. Haven't you ever seen a RCT park use them as windows before?

rctfan1556 - The hotel is grand. It is more than that screen. Its shape is similar to DLP's hotel but it has the colors of the Grand Floridian. I'll change the path land. It's something I save for when I'm bored.

dragonfly - Read above (my reply to JKay)

Hevydevy - Thanks. Read my reply to JKay and rctfan.

Iceman - This park is moving along quickly. So I thought to myself lets advertise! ;)
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    This a great way of advertising.

About the roof, if guests probaly won't SEE it, then what's the point of decorating it?

Then again, it's RCT. Who gives a damn? :p
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

About the roof, if guests probaly won't SEE it, then what's the point of decorating it?

Yea but we are guests to the SV6 File so we see it.
  • CaptnPineapple%s's Photo

Yea but we are guests to the SV6 File so we see it.

I hate decorating rooves.... which is why i don't do it.... i don't care if your looking at it in RCT's perspective... I'm looking at it in a guests perspective :D

Anyway, Disney Freak, I wish I saw more, but I like it already :D
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Hey again everyone! I'm continueing my trip report as promised! I've decided not to ramble too much so I'll split my report by themed lands in the park (Main Street USA, Frontierland, Adventureland, Toontown, Tomorrowland, Critter Country and Fantasyland).

I started my trip where all visitors start. Behind the Disneyland Hotel stands Main Street USA. What a beautiful place! Full of details I was told to be found at Disney...! I was overwhelemed with joy! At the end of Main Street stands proudly the castle from the infamous film, "Beauty and the Beast". I was standing completely in awe and amazament. What a beautiful site. All the cast members (Disney employees) where very nice and helpful. I needed a place to store my bag so I visited City Hall. They helped me out quite a bit!

Posted Image
    ^ City Hall ^

I also shopped here quite alot! I took a photo of the various shops such as Emporium. The merchandise is great! So many original stuff all unique to Disneyland! I had a blast looking around. The facades were just so inviting! I didn't take much pics because I wanted to ride some rides! :D I've added a good shot of the Main Street facade! the street is so beautiful! :yup:

Posted Image
    ^ Facades of Main Street ^

It's getting late! I've gotta run to work! I'll keep you updated when I return!
  • JKay%s's Photo
    You know how I feel about these screens DF, definitely your best work to date. I'm still not able to open your park tho.... ;)
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Damn! Main Street is looking AMAZING! Awesome work, DF. I like City Hall a lot. It looks so good. The textures make it look very realistic and beautiful. The colors are bright and colorful, and they work great. It's gonna be sooo cool! (By the way, DisneySea Greece was pretty good. The fireworks show was awesome!)
  • postit%s's Photo
    I really like the town hall. The textures indeed are great!
  • CaptnPineapple%s's Photo
    I love it, I love it, and... I love it!

Everything looks realistic, and your doing a wonderful job! Keep it up!
  • Anolis%s's Photo
    I like Disney Styles and you have one of the best :)
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Hey everyone! I've just returned from Disneyland Paris! It's nice to see so much positive feedback! I'm glad to see I'm on the right track with this one! More screens to follow shortly! (BTW Iceman, photos have arrived ;) )

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading