Related Games / New RCT 3 article

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    New article!

Enjoy! :)
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Whoo-hoo! More videos! :D
    I have great anticipation for this game.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Its sounds cool and all, but with every update we get, I feel more and more like RCT3 will be just a fun game more than an artistic approach to themeparking. Especially with the mention of micro-management, career mode, employee managment and park advertisement, everything is about park management, not building the park itself. It seems to me that this will be a fun game, but will have little artistic value, therefore no online community value either. Maybe I'm being prejudice, buts thats my inkling. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna buy the game, but I really don't see why everyone is so hyped about it.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I dont really feel all that excited about it now that I know too much.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    JKay, I disagree. If someone had just announced RCT 1 now would you honestly think it would be a creative game? I know I wouldn't but just count the spotlights... I say we all save thoughts about the creative aspect for after the game is released... ;)

Never mind...
  • JKay%s's Photo

I say we all save thoughts about the creative aspect for after the game is released...  ;)

You're right DF, I may just be pre-judging the game, but I'm just giving my opinion based on the information that has been provided. Not once does the article mention anything about architecture, foliage, landscaping or theming scenery, all of which are crucial to parkmaking currently.....so I have a right to be skeptical
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I too, am skeptical but I do remember though that RCT2 didn't mention anything either... So I have faith in this game! :)
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

You're right DF, I may just be pre-judging the game, but I'm just giving my opinion based on the information that has been provided.  Not once does the article mention anything about architecture, foliage, landscaping or theming scenery, all of which are crucial to parkmaking currently.....so I have a right to be skeptical

What your forgetting is that they speak mostly of the career mode, which is why it speaks of mainly park management. Had they only spoke of sandbox mode you would hear nothing but the info of building things. Dont forget it is a game, which is what they see it as. They are going to promote it as such, with the work involved and how to play it. Not so much in the "building a park of your dreams, screw the scenrios" way that we build in.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Yes, with all of the RCTs, they have advertised the scenario/park management sector of the games with the "build the park of your dreams" factor as an added attraction.

It would be hard to promote the game basing it on sandbox mode. It would be like..."build the park of your dreams....and.....yeah. Fireworks + all of the stuff it has mentioned. If you think about all the new features they have mentioned, most are implemented into the sandbox mode such as fireworks, your own mp3's, new rides/stalls, coaster cam and better guest AI. But the career mode, they talk about because there is stuff in there to talk about besides the new features that will help parkbuilding.

Metro B)
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Show me proof that you can make buildings.

edit: -nvm - BUT:

How do you know you will be able to build in the old 2d modes?

Edited by sacoasterfreak, 03 September 2004 - 04:31 PM.

• Panoramical%s's Photo
    Just noticed this

http://www.atari.com...ex.php?video=on

At the beginning of the video, there's a complex building. I doubt that's just some complicated scenery item...
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo

Not so much in the "building a park of your dreams, screw the scenrios" way that we build in.

LMAO! :lol:

I agree hands-down with DF. Heck, they might have a motherload of scenery and archy awaiting us.
    Maybe they'll do that near the end of the previewing. Let's hope that NE's way of building isn't restricted to RCT2 and it's predecesors. :D
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    It is obvious that this Chris Cook( the writer of the preview) isn't a RCT player....calling RCT2 the first in the series.............!!??
    I for me will just wait and see.......

Mama Bear
  • Glory%s's Photo
    RCT3 reminds me of Sim Theme park whiched it sucked.
  • iBrent%s's Photo

I dont really feel all that excited about it now that I know too much.

That's pretty dumb to say, and it reminds me of something my friend said about Napoleon Dynamite. They said that they didn't think the movie was gonna be that great because of everyone saying the lines and stuff, but when she saw it with us, she laughed harder than anyone else.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

The last major new feature of the game is the ability to import your own mp3s into the game.  Musical tracks need only be dropped in you’re My Documents folder on your PC and once that’s done, any track there can be used in the game.  Music can be tied to things like fireworks shows, rides, and even concessions stands so you’re pretty much free to blast whatever music you want at any given time.  While it’s a bit of novelty in the long run, it’s still a neat feature.  And, given the game’s impressive focus on customization, it fits like a glove.

I'm gonna love that feature. :yup:
    It will also be good for Six Flags parks to make them realistic with there theme song.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Yes, that will probably be my favorite feature.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    In the FAQ, two very important questions have been answered.

Q: Will there be expansion packs and how will they differ from previous RollerCoaster Tycoon® expansion packs?
    A: We hope to announce our expansion pack plans after the release of RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 with our focus on brand-new content and gameplay elements.

Q: How many rides are there going to be in RCT3?
    A: RCT3 will deliver many more rides than were in RCT2, plus a number of these rides and coasters will be all new to the series, fresh from the real world drawing-boards of today's top rollercoaster designers. Additionally, most coasters previously in RCT1 & 2 have been enhanced with a wider variety of track pieces, for example banks. We will release more details on the exact rides in the game as we get closer to launch.

• Lurker%s's Photo

It sounds like a cool game, but i not getting my hopes up and expect everything i could want like i did with RCT2, can you imagine the file sizes of RCT3 parks? but it would be awsome to get to see an NE spotlight in 3D like that. (Note: This post is from an accidentally merged account that was not mine, my mistake.)

• Junya Boy%s's Photo
    the RCT3 file sizes shouldnt be bad.
    An RCT2 park (if made when it first came out) is an average file size of about 500-600KB.
    As long as crappy custom scenery (mainly rides) dont come along we should be fine.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading