Related Games / New RCT 3 article

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Speaking of themes, check it out! First of a series of articles!
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

That's pretty dumb to say, and it reminds me of something my friend said about Napoleon Dynamite. They said that they didn't think the movie was gonna be that great because of everyone saying the lines and stuff, but when she saw it with us, she laughed harder than anyone else.

You're comparing a movie to a game. Whilst movies are made up of several factors, such as Lines, Storyline, Screenplay, Music etc. Games are mostly made up of concepts such as Graphics, Gameplay, Features, and Sound. Now, let us analyze this. Your friend in that film knew just the lines. He is missing out on two key points to the film. I know about the Graphics, Gameplay, Features, and Sound (now that I have seen the movies), so I know quite alot about each one of the factors that makes up the game. So, please don't dish dirt out on people when you haven't analyzed the situation. It's really not a dumb thing to say. The word "overhyped" doesn't exist for no reason.

Anyway, as for SV Files Sizes, I don't believe that they will be huge, since they won't carry the objects and graphics themselves, just the data (what coaster pieces are placed where and when etc.). Unless, of course, you have to export custom objects, in which case they will be huge.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The screens and vids show a lot of potential. The landscaping interface was especially impressive. All the little bubbles that you have to click on looked kind of annoying but it looks like we'll have full control. And they said in an interview already that there will be custom buildings, even a building editor tool like the coaster editor which came with RCT2 so we won't have to see those dumb stalls everywhere. Getting the paths to look decent on crazy terrain could be a problem. The graphics are just so-so except for the water and terrain which looks superb. I guess for it's first iteration in 3d this is as good as anyone can expect it to look. And I still won't be able to run it. It's gonna be a big adjustment for sure, but I can't wait to see this game in the hands of artists like we have here at NE. Coasters, terrain, trees, and buildings are there and that's enough to make a kick ass park.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    The sound of things when they're built is like bombs dropping.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    lol thats what i thought also.

umm.. the only complaint i have was its not crowded enough.. in fact not at all its all spacious. while i like seeing those shops, i'm gonna probably hide them inside a building and lure the guests into em. has anyone seen a coaster go over a building yet? cause i haven't.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Ive seen a coaster go through a buildings, besides buildings, etc. But i dont recall going over, though i think i have. I dunnoh, let me check the video's i have...

Ive seen stations set inside of buildings, track running through buildings, etc. I see coasters right next to buildings, turning around buildings, etc. And i see coasters over buildings, some doing turns, inversions, etc. so the coasters look as though they can go anywhere.

I dunnoh, it may be just me, but i love the "bare-ness." It actually looks good to have plain grass and terrain. Thats what i like about it.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    That's because the guys making the game don't know how to make parks. The game definately has buildings and it definately has coasters though you probably won't see anything remotely interesting with them until the game is released and some of us start making parks. These are like the scenarios in the original game. They were all empty like this too.
  • Micool%s's Photo

That's pretty dumb to say, and it reminds me of something my friend said about Napoleon Dynamite. They said that they didn't think the movie was gonna be that great because of everyone saying the lines and stuff, but when she saw it with us, she laughed harder than anyone else.

Are you seriouth? Gosh! Idiot!

Anyway, I agree with Ed, because honestly, that is exactly what the demonstrations of ALL six games have been like, and we know that more is possible. What we have to see know is the possibilities. Will it be like RCT? LL? RCT2? Hopefully not WW or TT...will they purposely hold back a lot of attractions and scenery to make room for a sequel? Don't know. I'm sure I'll end up buying it though, just like RCT2. (Which I haven't run for ages.)

Okay after watching the videos, I'm thinking it looks really fun, really interesting, really complex, really space consuming, and probably really slow with a lot of buildings and rides...it doesn't look like no peeps is an option, so I don't know how slow it might be.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Those supports for the Stand-Up coaster are horrendous. I hope they change them or give us an option to stick with the other ones.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading