RCT Discussion / Best Roller Coaster Park

• natelox%s's Photo
    I'm curious as to your views on good roller coaster parks, or, the parks with the best roller coaster line up.

Personally, Mala is a given. So "Mount Sinister", "Cydonia City" and "Mountain Beach" are on my list. I think that Mantis' "Walkman of My Brain" has a great selection aswell. Lots of good ratings, fast paced roller coasters. He also created a fairly unique line up of rides, meaning not the average one wooden coaster, one B&M floorless, one B&M inverted etc..
  • gir%s's Photo
    Why do you care, at all, about ratings?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Honestly, anything by Titan. Neptunes Fury was awesome layout-wise, but since you want parks, I would say that his Hoosier Station had some great realistic coasters.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Hoosier Station had terrible coasters lol...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    RoB
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    I have to agree with Steve. Titan's rollercoaster designs are incredible... but anyways...

Anything by Posix, Mantis, and Mala just completely blow me away. They all have unique styles which only they can really do.

Most favorite parks though are..

W.O.M.B
    Sixflags Worlds of Excitement
    Rivers of Babylon
    Big Top Circus
    Warner Bros. Reel Adventures
    The Aegean
    Raindrop Riviera
    Audrix Towers

I have to say my favorite parks are ones that are not like everyone elses.

Creative, colorful, different, and threatening to other parkmakers. This is what I like to see in parks.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    uix stands out.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    In my opinion, Vales Of The Crypt (by Ablaze) had a nice coaster line up.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I still love the lineup in Tropico Horizons. Paladin is one of my favourite rides ever, Demeter is a classic giga, Excavation is an excellent adventure ride, Spider Mountain was the beginning of most of the mine trains of late and Egyptian Flying Machine was a spanner in the works. Oh, and Ruins Of Mythos ain't bad either.

Moonlight Magic, though, has the best lineup of any park i've seen, I think.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Crystal Horizons with the red invert that was in Shiloh Town, and Shiloh Town had a good selection as well. I usually prefer realism so I guess that's why I like those, but Mala can definitely make a ride that would be fun to be on. Nevis also had some good rides in his parks and feasible hybrids that were discussed by the manufactures that planned or still plan on making rides like that.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Rivers of Babylon & Moonlight Magic.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Moonlight Magic
    Universals IOA Hollywood
    Tropico Cove (god I love them' woodies)
    Mount Sinister
    Tropico Horizen (Where's the wood?)
    Escalante River Falls
    Rift Valley
    WOMB
    UIX (wood?)
    A-LE (come-on, show me the wood!)
    Rivers of Baybolon
    Land of the Villen

I know I'm probably missing a few, but shit happens. :D

ride6
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    RoB
    I liked all the coasters in City of Dreams
    Raindrop Riviera
    Crystal Horizons

If theres any others im too lazy to point them out.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Pretty much any decent (by the standards of their time) park that was made before the invention of architechture and true theming. You know, back in the day when the game actually involved coasters... I miss the old, huge, sprawling layouts that made no sense and had no theme. Besides, it was a hell of a lot more fun to look at, anyway.

There was this one park on the Station that had like three coasters in it that were like 6 miles long, and took over 10 minutes to get through the entire layout with only boosters, and no chainlifts. Personally, I like that a hell of a lot more than anything anybody has come up with recently, and that was just a big blob.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

There was this one park on the Station that had like three coasters in it that were like 6 miles long, and took over 10 minutes to get through the entire layout with only boosters, and no chainlifts.  Personally, I like that a hell of a lot more than anything anybody has come up with recently, and that was just a big blob.

oh I remember that! Terible twister right? by Jerad Minster if I recall? it was huge and gray I think, yes that was amazing. Anyone got that thing? if so please hook me up. DRC2828@aol.com
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    I'd say UIX is the winner. Some of the spots had damnit great coasters, to boot. :D
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Egyptopia
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Six Flags Worlds of Excitement and Tropico Cove.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Now that I think about it more in depth, I think that Candlelight Times has one of the best coaster lineups ever.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading