News / Sydney's Lost Resort Sign-Ups

• iris%s's Photo
    Ok, I have started to notice the RCT influence at the site has somewhat dwindled with all the dramatics that have been appearing at the site reguarly over the past week or so. So, I'm going to try my best to restore some RCT back into the best RCT site in the world. Since NE started as a small group, I'm going to be establishing the Collabos, cementing them moreso then they ever were. We held sign-ups for about four or five collabo's, none of which really have ever really taken off. Map 1 of the RCT2 Collabo is going solidly, but really not moving as fast as it should be, but I will keep that one open. However, map 2, which was supposed to be the pinnacle of all RCT2 parks of all time, sadly must be cancelled. The disappearance of Mala and cBass has made it impossible to continue working, and left Toon, Janus, and Phatage to just sit and wonder the deal.

I've enlisted five non-parkmakers to take place in the first ever RCT2 Wannabe Collabo, a group park where the parkmaker (or parkmakers, two tops though) that make the best area will get crowned a Parkmaker. We did this in LL and we ended up with Florencia Valley, and mantis and OZONE were both made Parkmakers, two of the strongest parkmakers we've had at New Element. I'm looking for the same result. The people in the collabo will not be revealed until the park is released. The people involved already know all this.

Now, onto the real matter at hand. Sydney's Lost Resort. I held sign-ups for this a few months back as an LL two-map Collabo and featured some big names. Well I've got to realize that times are changing, so I'm reverting SLR to RCT2. What's so special about SLR? It will be the first ever "fully covered collabo". This means that at the completion of every coaster or every themed area, we will hold front page update press conferences. Every ride and every themed area will get logos, full descriptions, screen shots, the whole deal, as if this was a real park. Weekly front page status reports on SLR will happen all the time as well, keeping the enthusiasm and respect for this collabo at an all time high. SLR is also pre-planned, meaning the whole month-month and a half planning stage is completely skipped. I had planned this park for myself quite long ago, but gave up on RCT, but I loved my ideas so I'm bringing them over here. The rides and areas are pre-set, however the parkmakers are free to interpret anything how they choose. There really are no boundaries, just guidelines. There is a fine line between the two. Now I don't want the whole world knowing the plans to the park, so I'm holding blind sign-ups. If you are really interested in persuing this, then sign up. Of course not all those that sign up will be picked, and I'm obviously looking for NE Parkmakres first hand. If you are planning on half-assing, then don't bother. This should be the pinnacle of RCT2 parkmaking, our real example of 'this is how its done'; a message from NE to the rest of the sites out there. So, people sign up. Those that are picked will see the blueprints for the park, and then they can choose which area they want from there. It is two maps with eleven themed areas sprawled across the two, with a possible hotel/resort complex map added as a 3rd. But now, I'm looking for the 11 best NE has to offer.

Sydney's Lost Resort Participants
    1.Toon
    2.slob
    3.Phatage
    4.d4rkj4nu5
    5.x-sector
    6.Corkscrewed
    7.Titan
    8.Kevin
    9.John
    10.___________
    11.___________
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Id like to do this, I have always wondered if you had any good park ideas, and this way I could find out :p Id try to add as much creativity as I can to an area and even some of the best RCT2 hacking around if called for.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Sign me up....this sounds really interesting
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im up for it, sounds good.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    I'd like to see another LL one going, as well. But your the boss, so its your call...
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'll do it, seeing as there's no way I'm gonna be able to start or finish a solo in a while.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Too bad the other one was cancelled, although you can still make a book out of what Mala did post in that thread. I'm not even sure that we could even accomplish some of the stuff that we, well mostly Mala, thought of and we were already backed up with h2h, qftb, and even protour. Its sad that the first "rct2 pinnacle" had to be canceled, but I'd be glad if I can participate in the 2nd one. Maybe I should get nspheres going again or something too.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    I'd be interested in participating too.

supertrooper
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    *cough*

I know that I probably won't be choosen for this since it apears that i'm not in the wanna-be one. Just goes to show how badly I need to finish IO (which rolled 100 rct "years" today BTW).

I've been dieing to play around with a better selection of 1/4 tiles for quite a long time now and if you'll give me the opertunity I can take the ball and run with it. No I'm no cBass or Mala, however I'm no Mach Chunk either (you know what I mean) ;).

It's up to you man, personally I'd like to see to "wanna-be maps", one of the wanna be's and one of the "wanna-be wanna be's". Who bets that the "weaker" group will produce a better park, faster? :D

Well boss, what'll it be?

ride6
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I would love to show you guys what I really got. Wait 11 spots ya right I will sign up but i doubt yall will pick me.
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    im not really as well known here as some of the other high posters but i would think that im a quality parkmaker. i'd love to work with the pros from this site like phatage, toon, and slob so it would be an honor to be picked. i'll wait to see what happens....
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo

I had planned this park for myself quite long ago, but gave up on RCT, but I loved my ideas

You ass...
  • iris%s's Photo
    lol sorry Foozy...it's so long ago.

Foozy also created many of these ideas. Completely unintentional Fooz, you know your my boy.
    Why not jump in? ;)
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Hmm maybe, but i'd say give it a month, who knows, parkmaking in rct3 might be awesome.

Edit- I like the "this is how its done" line.
  • gir%s's Photo

I'd like to see another LL one going, as well.  But your the boss, so its your call...

Maybe us "LLers" could start our own sort of thing :p
  • Micool%s's Photo
    DID SOMEONE SAY NSPHERES?!?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

That would be awesome. I'd love o see that.
  • Panic%s's Photo

I'm game.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'm game if LL comes up...
  • iris%s's Photo
    lol and back on subject...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading