RCT Discussion / RCT2.. strange excitements..

• Evil WME%s's Photo
    ok, i noticed this quite a few times allready, but when you zero clearance the theming "isn't there" and thus the excitement ratings take a little drop like 0.8 or something. However, recently i did this with my park and this hyper with an excitement of 11.3, went right up to 11.7. I'd like to know if this is theming, or the other rides, or whatever... coz it's quite the big difference..
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I'm thinking that the lack of any drexler patch on rct2 can pretty much explain how the ratings system really gets messed up when you do even simple hacking. I've had many a ride that before I did any type of hacks to or around it that had good ratings that after the hacking either had horrible ratings or just the ratings never showed up. If you're using 8 cars, that can aslo be the problem because I guess the coding in it is not as clean as what the beast was for LL and there results in more glitches than what the beast did.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I too noticed this with my most recent QFTBx entry. I believe you are correct in what you said WME. I've actually tested your theory by taking a coaster layout with no theming, zero-ing clearances noticing no difference in the excitement / intensity ratings. Whereas when I did the same with a themed ride, the stats change. So, correct you are.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    yeah, but i don't understand how it can increase the ratings... lowering them seems fair enough.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Theming the ride does make stats go up, if thats what you asking? Mostly the excitement.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

Theming the ride does make stats go up, if thats what you asking? Mostly the excitement.

Yes, but technically if Zero Clearance is used then it theoretically isn't there thus unaffecting the ratings.

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe Absolute/Relative has something to do with it?
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    maybe the game is giving you kudos coz it thinks you did a really cool hack? ???
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

read.

i fully understand why the ratings always go down when i zero-clearance,

BUT

i just made a hyper in which the ratings go up when i zero-clearance. ( by a lot )

the ride itself just contains track above what rct2 normally allows and a steep lift hill, concerning the hacking. There has to be an explanation for this though...
  • insert username here%s's Photo
    It's probably because the lift hill is higher and steeper than it should be, making the average speed go up and the ride more exciting. Plus if you're first drop was as tall as the lift hill it would also make sense.

By the way,
    what did you use to make the lift hill steeper than it should be? That might have something to do with it.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    winhack. that still doesn't explain a change though, to me..
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    I'm making a design, and the coaster's excitement also goes up when I zero clearances... maybe it is because the objects placed in a way you just can place them having zero clearances, like under the object or at the same square (if it's a 1/4 square or so), the objactplaced that way only count as theming when having zero and not when restoring clearances because when restoring they technically aren't able to be there and therefore doesn't exist, just visually? Wow, now I'm not even concious about what I'm writing. I'll be impressed if someone undrestands. But that my guess of the whole thing.
    But then again, this thing happens all the time, I mean placing objects in zeroed clearances, so alot more people should have encountered this problem... but I don't have any other idea about it.

SV
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i don't know whether you just said what I'm about to say, but let me give it a shot...

Perhaps, there being a LIMIT on how much scenery can actually effect a ride, the placement of scenery that is zero cleared would nullify the actual space/land it resides on, having already been tallied and the coaster already taking it's existence into account. And, having already reached it's limit, other theming on a different square which was previously ignored, would then magically be accounted for in the stats...

so, if the square that is nullified was LESS exciting then the square that is added onto the stats in it's place, perhaps there's a chance that the the coaster's excitement would go up...

Of course, this is all gibberish as well if the "nullified" theory is simply bogus :D
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    interesting theory..

but it's in the park i've shown screens of, and there are plenty of other coasters that revolve around generally the same theming and don't go up in X rating when zeroclearanced, but rather go down. Maybe when the coaster is all the way themed (since the X rating is still going up) it won't change anymore..

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading