(Archive) Advertising District / Mystic Sands

• JKay%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Richie and I would like to present a duo park we have been working on for quite some time now, Mystic Sands. This park will have much to offer including a large hotel resort that I advertised several months ago, along with a fully themed amusement park packed with roller coasters, rides, shops, restaurants and some other unique attractions, including a public beach. We don't plan on giving too much away about this park, but we can say that there will be at least one track built by B&M. So, without further hesitation, here are some previews:

Posted Image
    Just a taste of the majestic Mystic Sands Resort Hotel.

Posted Image
    This shows the Mediterriania restraunt perched on its arches in Mystic's entrance plaza.

Posted Image
    Take a ride on this steel twister, as you fly backwards twists and turns in this old tropical mine. Whats coming next?

Posted Image
    Take a trip over to Roy's to grab a tasty burger, and sit out on the deck, overlooking the parks magnificent beach front.
  • w33maniac%s's Photo
    8)Good. Maybe better than good. Yeah I like it.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    OMG that backwards Main Train Coaster is looking neat! like the rest to... :p
  • X250%s's Photo
    First screen looks familiar.... ;)

Flawless, your styles collaborate extremely well. One of my two favourite park-makers making a park together, the result should be great!

Excellant park logo btw...

-X-
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Logo looks cool. Hotel looks cool and i like the others. Especially joe's burgers.:)
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Firstly, great logo. I love it.

OK - here we go...

1) Beautiful, only you can make that many different coloured flowers look so good. Love the foliage on the rooves, and the white/gold/red combo is pleasing to the eye.

2) It's a great idea, pulled off reasonably well. There's just something about it that doesn't quite work. The flowers definitely don't, the pink/yellow combo is terrible. I think just yellow flowers, and the other kind (less full bodied...) would work better.

3) Again, orange flowers aren't working... not sure what to put there instead... Also, place some shrubs on the dirt land...

4) This screen, on the other hand, is beautiful. The structure is brilliant, good use of neutral colours in the architecture is contrasted nicely by the orange flowers, yellowish path and the water.

Overall - nice park so far, although a couple of things aren't working... sort them, and it'll be much better in my opinion. Alternatively, you've seen the whole park, it could just be the vibe i'm getting from these screens... It's your call. ;)
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    That hotel looks great. I'd like to live there ;) .

I think the mediterranea pic is maybe too dark. other than that, great.

The steel twister looks cozy ;) really good atmosphere.

And the fourth pic also flawless. Overall really neat.

And the logo is wondeful.

SV
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Holy Shit.

This is a Runner-Up, hands down. Incredible stuff ya got there, man.
    Just one thing, the backwards 6-seater car on a mini-coaster track looks kinda awkward size-wise.. ;)
  • SirSpinster%s's Photo
    I really like the first screen. I don't even think I've seen those three colors together somewhere else... And the detail is amazing; is that vertical glass structure with the steel blocks a glass elevator?

The second screen has very nice interaction with the pathing, which will make the area a lot more interesting.

I can't see a lot from the third screen, but I like what I do see.

The fourth screen is quaint, but it's a very nicely decorated building. I really want to eat there.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    It certainly looks very nice. Your color blending works very well in all the settings and really brings out the detail. The attention to every little things in all the screens works very well together and makes it an amazing looking park. I'm really liking that last screen with the restaurant... it's a very simple basic building shape, but looks superb with the details you added. Very nice. The only thing I have to suggest is removing those pink flowers in the third screen. While they would do well in some of the other screens, they just don't really fit where they're placed. Perhaps try the lighter pink style and see how that fares. But a brillinat park so far, nice job.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    Nice job here guys, I like the coaster..interesting idea!
    I know bare land can look better..but i think this is a case where you should have some more trees..not a whole lot..just..some more.

I love the restaraunt..sort of like a hanging sort of feeling i guess..
    The hotel is pretty good, innovative idea with the elevator, i dont like the gold though..it is overpowering i think.
    All in all this is a runner up for sure!
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Here's my question:

Why would anyone want this great park in the making to die?

And:
    Any rough release date?

Finnaly:
    Update?
    Heheh..

I just don't want this runner-up piece of work to die. It's disturbing. :p
  • makonix%s's Photo
    this is a nice looking park :)

The First screen looks superb and I really like the color scheme, probably the only thing that I dislike are the orange flowers on the last screen, they look too artificial and too bright and maybe u should consider different color.
  • jon%s's Photo
    Wow! What a great park guys..what more could I expect from JKay though? Richie's got talent to.

The architecture is classic JKay and the overall feel is fantastic, great job guys. Keep it up!
  • rK_%s's Photo
    do you ever take a break from RCT to like, breath or anything?
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    ^ Lol. Know what you mean.

The park is looking amazing. Great color scheme on that hotel, and the logo is good.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    These screens show some great, but not overdetailed architecture. The steel coaster with the backwards train looks interesting. The hotel screen is the best IMO. Don't show too much though.

Wonderful work.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    First off, thankyou all for the comments and some good constructive critism. Im glad you all like the park.

I want to point out that the 3rd screen is actually unfinished, there still needs to be some foilage put in on the rocks, thats the most completed screen i could have taken of the coaster. We just felt a park advertised should show more than architecture and buildings.

Ill respond to the comments on my work, and jkay can respond on his screens if he wants.

Screen 3: I agree there needs to be some shrubs on the landscaping, as i said above it was unfinished. Also, the orange flowers probably will stay. The coaster and theming around it is quite brown, so i felt it needed some bright flowers to lift the spirit, and since i love the orange thats what i used.

@ Darkrideexpert: The train looks ok to me, in game it will probably look better. Also we arent going to put a date for release on this, since its a kinda side project from our solos. It could be before christmas depending on if we get fed up of our solos, but probably looking at a release early next year.

Screen 4: I dont remember reading anything people dont like about this screen, apart from 1 comment about the orange flowers? Again, i feel they fit here, maybe look better in game when you get the feel of the area as a whole. They will be staying.

Also thankyou for the comments on my logo :)
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Quick Update. Here's some architecture, more specifically a restaurant in the resort area. Also near the top you can see the powered-inner tubes for the resort's private lake. Enjoy!

Posted Image
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    That is nice work there! but I think it needs more color...lol jk!

I like the glass tower things on the restaraunt..the whole building is perfect!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading