Related Games / RCT 3 Demo

• tyandor%s's Photo
    Download it here http://gamesdomain.y...n_3/files/45624

It's a 184MB download so be warned
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Downloading now. I'm at 23% at 183kb/sec. I can't wait to see this! :D :birthday2:
  • Richie%s's Photo
    32%.. 55.5kb/s ..

I cant wait to see what the building is like, and ride a couple of coasters. Im not gonna be buying the game unless its something REALLY amazing, id rather spend my money on things like pro evolution soccer and football manager.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    184 MB demo?.....now what does that say about park file sizes?... ???
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Ok I've got it.

I didn't think I'd say this.

But I'm impressed.

Loading it up, a little box informed me my PC could have "high detail." Fuck that, go extreme. Loaded up the first demo level, seems smooth, very colourful, fluid, just like the screenshots showed. Then I reach the water. *creak*.

5fps. :/

Off goes the reflective water setting and everything seems fine. I build a few new shops, nice and colourful again with lots of detail. However, I decide to try out the ride your own coasters option...this takes me longer than expected to find...especially with the icons being tiny at my 1280 by whatever resolution. Anyway, on the ride mode seems nice enough, reasonbly smooth, much like No-Limits et al. Then night falls.

Fireworks. =|

Lights. =| On the coasters =|

Wow, I wasn't expecting night time to actually look this good. Even in the run up to evening the shadows change according to the sun and it gives the park a real sense of...well...amusement parkness. The few coasters you do get (Wooden and Inverted) seem well built, with 6 of so choices of cars for the wooden coaster and one pre-build design. Scenery seems nice enough.

This is only a view from somones whos played it less than 20 minutes, but maybe to me it seems a little fiddly. Maybe that'll go after I get used to the layout.

Oh, and for anyone whos got the demo, "E" turns the camera. Which is damn useful seeing as how I was hitting return and nothing was happening.

More later when I get an hour to really play it.

(my specs by the way; 1gb ram, 3000xp, Radeon 9600 pro)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Heya guys
    well ive played it for a few hours now.
    5 times the 45 min limit. (seems like a decent length)

heres my thoughts
    At first it took me a while to get used to the controls of the camera and the building mode but after a couple of goes it all became pretty much intuative and things went smoothly
    The game looks Awesome and runs like a dream here.
    On the flying camera setting its awesome to just plop the camera down on the floor and watch one of your recently build rides to wizz past.
    Even the water splash on the woodie looks pretty damn cool.

The selection of rides in the demo is enough for the time limit and the research option is off :(
    the woodies look awesome and the inverts are pretty cool.

There a few niggles. like the way track seems to auto bank coming out of a loop on the invert. but these can easily be sorted by release date.

overall awesome job frontier. Sort out the few niggles and we have a winner :)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    40%... 12 more minutes...

*waits.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    teehee. you can build your wooden coaster right through the fireworks. =P.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    i´m @ 20% 21% 22% :p

115 kb/sec, like 21 minuts left, i got like 40 MB...

can´t wait to see the NON-rct-feeling demo running on my PC.... :S

-----------------------------

I got it but i get a f :@ cking problem with the directx 9 :@

I must just wait :it:
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    16% so far.

From what y'all have been saying, it sounds like its worth the wait.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    HOLY SHIT!, i'm so gonna get this game, this is awesome simply awesome. i love everything from it, EVERYTHING. i'm still figuring out all the little quriks in it but this game is a must. I am definintly gonna get it. how do you circle around?
  • X250%s's Photo
    40% now... Another 45mins apparantly. :'(
    My computer does tend to lie though.

-X-
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Holy Shit 184 megabytes? They weren't thinking about us poor people when they created that download were they?
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Poor people dont tend to have computers.

Personnally i wasnt impressed with it. Im still gonna play RCT2/LL. Im not going to waste my money just to ride rollercoasters. Even the rollercoasters have really rough banking, ill just download the game from kazaa or something if i want it.

Any1 thats played it notice that none of the walls with windows line up with normal walls? Lovely big gaps in the wall.
  • Nic%s's Photo

Holy Shit 184 megabytes? They weren't thinking about us poor people when they created that download were they?

If you're not too poor, click this link.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    184 MB is nothin...

I think UT2004 is like 220 MB...

And I think I'll stick to RCT2/LL also...
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    ^ He lives in the US... That offer is strictly for the UK.

Richie, about 2 hours ago I'd agree with you. Then I gave it a second chance. Got used to the controls and the build mode and had a blast! I assure you that if you give it more time you'll find the charm in this! ;)

As for the walls... Remember this is beta version, so there's a chance they just didn't have time to fix scenery bugs while preparing the demo!
  • Nic%s's Photo

^ He lives in the US... That offer is strictly for the UK.

Get a UK friend to send it over then...I didn't know he was the US, his location reads; "chillin in the South"... he could have meant Wales..or England...
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Goddamn I love Broadband. 7min 30sec to download the whole thing. :p

This game looks fucking awesome. I'll comment more when I get a chance to play it.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    DAMNIT!

Fucking Runtime error.

"Runtime Error:

R6025
    -virtual runtime call"

or something like that. Really damn annoying. I can't even get past a black screen.
    Supa damn annoying. How do I fix it?

:@

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading