RCT Discussion / More coaster frames than needed

• insert username here%s's Photo
    Anyone ever notice how some rides have frames for elements they don't have? Such as the ride doesn't have a corkscrew track piece but the coaster can go through one as if it did.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    The frames werent made for it, but the coaster has very similar frames which make it look like its worked. Example is a junior coaster train going through a barrel roll, it just banks and switches to the opposite banking and looks like its gone upside down.
    No, that's not what i'm talking about. I've made air powered launched coasters that i've merged into steel twisters with a vertical to quarter loop and back down and it works perfectly, no missing frames such as when you make a steel looping go through a barrel roll. If you don't believe me try it yourself.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

No, that's not what i'm talking about. I've made air powered launched coasters that i've merged into steel twisters with a vertical to quarter loop and back down and it works perfectly, no missing frames such as when you make a steel looping go through a barrel roll. If you don't believe me try it yourself.

If it has vertical frames it also can go through a loop without glitches. Another example: the reverse free-fall coaster. It doesn't have any corners, but if you hack it on to a flat track with corners it also has the corner frames. The engine probably required a certain set of frames needed to perform a certain element that also contains other frames that aren't use because there was no element for them.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

If it has vertical frames it also can go through a loop without glitches. Another example: the reverse free-fall coaster. It doesn't have any corners, but if you hack it on to a flat track with corners it also has the corner frames. The engine probably required a certain set of frames needed to perform a certain element that also contains other frames that aren't use because there was no element for them.

When you open the ride tab, the picture of the coaster car spins (at least it does in RCT1). That's why those graphics are there.

Do you honestly think they're going to waste their time doing that much extra work, just by the off-chance the game makes it big and people hack the game to pieces?
    that explains turning, but not why there are inverted frames for rides that can go vertical :twitch:But, infogrames probably knew people would like the game and hack it, or at least chris sawyer did (said so in his interview)

that explains turning, but not why there are inverted frames for rides that can go vertical :twitch:But, infogrames probably knew people would like the game and hack it, or at least chris sawyer did (said so in his interview)

If you've ever seen the Object Inspector (released like a year ago at the Station. It just shows ever image/sprite used in the game) its just hundreds upon hundreds of images for everything. Each piece of track is coded to show certain images in a programmed order for each track element. Therefore, if a track piece calls for an image that exists for some other piece of track, it will display that image anyway, even though it was meant for something else. If it doesn't have the image, you get glitches. Simple enough.

The interview also said that Chris Sawyer was against hacking, and would probably leave out those frames to prevent hacking, rather than leave them in to encourage it.
    :| very true, but it still doesn't explain why they would have the images required for elements the ride isn't supposed to have in the first place. :twitch:

:|  very true, but it still doesn't explain why they would have the images required for elements the ride isn't supposed to have in the first place. :twitch:

You can't be that retarded to skip over the answer three times in this thread...
    :@ it's all theoretical, and besides, i know why all of them can turn, i'm asking about why verical ones can go upside down smoothly if the images aren't normally in the game.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading