Related Games / RCT 3 Screens and Movies

• Toon%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic Ed! I just don't have the patience to build something that elaborate without being able to save. The landscaping feature in this game is really fantastic when you figure it out. The lack of tunneling is annoying as it changes how I have to visualize my coasters. I'm still hoping for it in an expansion.

I particularly like what you did with the land textures.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ah crap... Ed's back. :D

Hey... maybe make something for H2H? Eh? Eh? ;)
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Oh wow, best theming yet, by far. Now I'm actually wanting to get this game a bit.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Damn.

Ed's sickwitit.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I edited together a video of the ride before I put it to death. Can someone host it for me? The good version is 31.1mb but I also made a lower quality version that's about 6mb. It's the on-ride video and a bunch of other shots and runs about 4 minutes long. I've also got a bunch of screenshots that's 4mb zipped.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Anybody with movies under 10mb hit me up on AIM and I may host them for you. :angel:
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    My only two films are about 65 mb each, but they are set at extreme frame rate.....

I should try to take films at slower res because currently, the game runs at about 1 frame per second when taking movies......way too slow!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You don't have to run it at lower res. It does take awhile to render the movies, but it's worth it to have the extra detail. Just load the movies into Windows Movie Maker and render them out at a lower resolution that way. Then you'll still have the hi-res source file. And you can do camera moves and stuff while it's capturing movies too, even though it runs slow. Just hold the button down or press it intermittantly. The mouse moves look really jerky though. I'll have to work on that. Editing a movie together was really fun. Man if this was available when I made Battlefield RCT? Oh man. We're talking feature length action spectacular. :lol: I'm just crazy enough to do it too. Maybe I could re-make that movie Rollercoaster.

Some things I still haven't figured out:

Is there a way to lock movement onto the path so you can move around and look at the park like a peep? Also, how do you do night mode with the lights and all of that? Maybe it just doesn't happen on the tutorial2 file? I see all those pretty lights in Cork's screens and I wonder why I don't get them. Why can't I put a path wherever I want one? Do they always have to connect to something?

Anyway, I rendered a version of the video that doesn't stutter and it's 9.6 mb so I guess that's okay with you chapel? I'll ask you if I see you on AIM. 'Til then, a couple more pics.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • Toon%s's Photo

Is there a way to lock movement onto the path so you can move around and look at the park like a peep?

No.

Also, how do you do night mode with the lights and all of that? Maybe it just doesn't happen on the tutorial2 file?

That is correct. There is no nighttime in the tutorial bench. It just jumps to morning. Don't know why tho.

Why can't I put a path wherever I want one? Do they always have to connect to something?

Can't really answer. All I know is that the whole pathing system and arrow controls for paths get really frustrating for me. Sometimes if the ground under the path is not perfectly flat it won't let you place one there. Maybe that's the problem?
  • Janus%s's Photo

Also, how do you do night mode with the lights and all of that? Maybe it just doesn't happen on the tutorial2 file? I see all those pretty lights in Cork's screens and I wonder why I don't get them.

I think SA or someone said that was because of the money trick, or the time trick.

Great screens, what's that explosion effect?
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    Ed this is super! i love the tunnel section! the lay out is also one of the best i saw.... :scarface:
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Ed, way to figure out tunneling!
  • hesaid%s's Photo
    Wow very nice, shows why some people are being overly skeptical about RCT3! Look like something you could actually see at a park, I like!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Oh sonofabitch... it's official. Ed is the best RCT 3 player in the world.

It's unfair how good that looks... and is the "tunnel" really just the curved building blocks colored the same hue as the land, then raised up? That's very clever!

And Ed, you can take video of RCT 1 and 2... just gotta know how. ;)

(Camtasia Video Capturer)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah, just building blocks. Like I said before, I was doing that in RCT2 with Toon's 1/4 tile blocks. I wanted the path to tunnel through the mountain but because I couldn't do that I tried covering it with blocks (like you suggested actually) and it looked so good that I decided to put more of them. It's the rocks that really sell it because they blend into the blocks in all sorts of strange angles and that makes it look less like blocks and more like land. Tunneling helixes was one of my favorite things to do in RCT so it's disappointing that it isn't really possible in RCT3 but as you can already see, limits force you to get creative so I guess I'll just have to "evolve" like everyone else. I wanted all my terrain to 'match up' on the edges but it would be simple to raise land on both sides of a piece of track and then cover it with blocks for a pretty good tunnel.

I know about those video capturing tools. I used them way way back in the day a couple times but what makes RCT3's video capture so much more exciting for me is that there's more than just one angle on the action. A lot more. And you can do moving camera shots and time lapse shots and great water reflection shots (all of which are in the video I made) so the cinematographer in me is just going to town. I had more fun making the movie than building the coaster actually. I haven't blown stuff up yet (other than the tower effect that comes with the game) but from your video I can see that looks great too. It would be fun to build a recreation of a coaster like X in the game with detailed scenery and peeps and all of that and then have a field day setting up camera angles and making a cool movie out of it.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Ed, I can't stop marvelling at those pics. I just love 'em. Hurry up and get that movie up!
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Wow that looks fantastic! The tunnel is marvelous and i cant wait for the video (if itll ever come)

I hate the demo tho. I worked my ass off building a great woody and right when i go to test it, bang, "your 45 minutes is up". Cheap ass atari making a 45 min demo. And then when i went to start over, the damned thing went super slow! And i have a good comp to! (3.2 GHz 1 Gig RAM)

Oh well. Great work Ed. Lets see what you can do with the full game!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Do this. It's quick, it's easy, and it works.

To automatically have your clock automatically reset do the following:

1) Take the following code and paste it into a blank text file:

@echo off
    echo Setting time to 1:00am
    TIME 01:00
    echo Waiting 35 minutes (5 minutes safe-guard, so game wont lock up)
    @ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2100 -w 1000 > nul
    @ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul
    echo Setting time to 1:05am
    TIME 01:05
    :wait
    echo Waiting 30 minutes (1)
    @ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1800 -w 1000 > nul
    @ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul
    TIME 01:05
    goto wait

2) Save this file as NoTimeLimit.bat or any other name with a .bat extension.

3) Double click the bat file to start it. An MS Dos window will appear and reset your clock time to 1:00 am.

4) Start the RCT demo and go into the demo scenerio within 5 minutes of starting the .bat file.

This bat file will automatically reset your clock every 30 minutes so that you do not need to alt tab or anything like that to manually reset the clock timer. Don't forget that this will require a manual adjustment of your computer clock after you're done playing to reset to the correct daily time for your area.

(from this topic)
  • Janus%s's Photo
    This looks pretty cool...

http://www.rctcompet...opic=3931&st=15
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot Ed! That worked perfectly. I didnt know the demo ran based on your comp's clock, and now i can actually build a nice themed ride! If it doesn't completely suck ill post screens...

(but it probably will, i cant get the hang of the new construction menu and the new views...)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading