News / QFTB-X Elite 8 Assignments:

• iris%s's Photo
    The Elite 8 of New Element Parkmaking...as seen by the QFBT-X, which challenges skill, productivity, creatibity, and durability...are:

-Natelox
    -Ablaze
    -Corkscrewed
    -Phatage
    -JKay
    -Kumba
    -Jacko Shanty
    -Metropole

And this round's assignment...

Everyone must do their best Halloween themed coaster. Any coaster will do, it must be a roller coaster. Duelers are fine. No rules, just keep it Halloween.

Bolded names are entries that have been received.

The Due Date Is:
    October 23, 2004
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    This is going to be intresting. Top-noch idea, Iris.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I'd really like to see someone do this theme justice. Should be interesting!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    IF I have time, I guarantee I will astound you.

If I don't... well, I'll hope that whatever magical power that has been making my opponents not finish their parks strikes again. :lol:

*shakes hands with Captain Kumba*

Lets roll.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    That's good
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Well this is definetly going to be rushed. My computer has not been working for the past week or two, and I just got a new computer on Saturday. I won't have RCT running until Thursday (the 7th) at the earliest, and then I didn't find out about this until today, the 3rd because I haven't had access to any internet. Oh well, I'll have to go into serious thinking mode.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Actually, I have a question.

To my understanding, RCT 1 bracket is separate from the RCT 2 brackets, so this round is the finals for Nate and Ablaze, right?

And then the three RCT 2 brackets will send their champs from this round to the next round, which will be a three-way battle for the RCT 2 finals, correct?

Lemme know if this is the case, or if we actually have TWO more rounds to go (excluding this one).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well if its both ways they'd need to spilt the prize money. And I think I asked iris and he said its one overall champ, and that LL will face RCT2 at some point, im not sure tho.

Corky I must admit I am not really into this theme, but how many times will I get to go heads up with you? I am gona bring my "A" game for this round and try to pull off another "upset" :p
  • iris%s's Photo
    LL faces RCT2.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    How does it work with user voting? I would think there could be a bias towards RCT2. It is very likely that someone who owns RCT2 will vote for the RCT2 player because they can't see the LL entry.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Well since I get to pick the judges, I'll be picking those that have both.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Another idea would be to have your hand-picked judges contribute half of the vote, and the public determins the other half. That way, the public does have a say in the final round (and only do this in the final round). You could weigh percentage of votes against each other or something.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    this is goin to be insane
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Nah... everyone's gonna forfeit. And my entry will be incomplete.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate for this to be due on the 31st? Since we're down to 8, I think the quality of these entries should be higher and it would help if we had more time. The earlier rounds most of us didn't have school or other stuff that we have now also.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I agree Phatage, but I think iris wanted them to be judged and released by the 31st; to make a sort of 'Halloween Bash' here at NE, but dont listen to me, I'm just guessing.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    More time sounds good, but time is needed to judge, maybe make it due the 28th or 29th and that gives a few days to judge and it can be released on Halloween.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    They can never judge in two days.

Pretend round 2 never happened.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    The time is fine, I think it's plenty.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Shit.. this ain't coming out as I envisioned. Kumba... guess you're gonna win. :'(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading