Related Games / RCT 3: be optimistic or something

• insert username here%s's Photo
    Most of the RCT 3 demo reviews i have seen say there are things that they don't like, and i agree that they need to tweak some things. However, after these reviews there are replies in which people say that they are not going to even look at RCT 3 just because of what they have seen and/or heard of/about the demo. That isn't the best way to judge a game because a demo is just that: a demo. And a demo is NOT the final version, we don't know if the final version will be better or worse, we can only make educated guesses about it from the demo. Since the demo isn't the full source code, they said there are 40 something different tracks in the full version, we should assume that not all of the scenary is even shown(greyed out) in the demo, because not all of the rollercoaster types they promised were(please correct me if i'm wrong about the coaster types). I'm not saying that i am completely sure that it will stand up to the standards its predecessors have created, i'm just saying that none of us will truly be able to know until we get our hands on a copy of it, and therefore, we shouldn't have our minds completely set on thinking that it won't live up to its name.
    (And by the way, this is coming from a PESTIMISTIC person) 8@ 8@ 8@
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Uh, thanks?
    Oh, and you may have noticed one thing people are happy about the new game. It's in 3D. People seem to like that part, a little bit.
    Also, to further prove my point of we're not really sure how the game's gonna turn out, go back and look at some of the post BEFORE the demo was released. Notice how people talked about the screenshots and how great they were etc. etc. Look at the screenshots again and videos and etc. and notice how the videos THAT ARE CREATED USING ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE look like you can create parks like you could in rct 2 (to a rather far extent) and you can't do what you see in those videos in the demo. Consider that before you decide that the parkmaking in RCT 3 has no chance of being as good as it was in RCT 2. Also consider that it took a while to be able to make extremely good parks in RCT 1 and 2 (getting used to the system etc.) and how you probably couldn't do what you can now with 45 minutes or even learn how to operate the system as well as you can now (if you could well then kudos to you). You only have 45 minutes in the demo to adapt and learn how to operate the probably incomplete system (seeing as how in one video from japan shows the player placing water jets on a "top spin" as the game calls. You can't do that in the demo but you can see that there was a button or something that showed were scenery like that would go (you couldn't click on it or something) but it was there. we just all need to remember that demos are not the complete source code (hopefully) and are merely tastes of the game (such as the demo for RCT 1 didn't have nearly half the rollercoasters the full version had).
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    why dont you post in the fuckin thread i started for reviews? that would be the approprate place for a rebuttal.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Thats true Moon, but the 3D is sacrificed for simiplicity, which, IMO played a crucial role in the success of the predecessors. Also, what about park file sizes? If park files sizes are too big, then the game loses its "community" luster being people can only share parks with screens. I feel the game itself looks quite incredible, but not for the same qualities that RCT1 and RCT2 possess.
    This topic isn't directed towards the people who are keeping an open mind about RCT 3 or the ones who like it, it's directed towards those who are basing their opinions of dislike of RCT 3 solely on the demo and forgeting that the demo is not the complete version etc.

why dont you post in the fuckin thread i started for reviews? that would be the approprate place for a rebuttal.

The reason i didn't post it on yours is because i think that more people will read it this way and i'ld like to get my message out to people. I didn't mean to insult you or anything.

Thats true Moon, but the 3D is sacrificed for simiplicity, which, IMO played a crucial role in the success of the predecessors.  Also, what about park file sizes?  If park files sizes are too big, then the game loses its "community" luster being people can only share parks with screens.  I feel the game itself looks quite incredible, but not for the same qualities that RCT1 and RCT2 possess.

I agree that that is true in the demo and I don't like the fact that in the demo you can't place walls on the same tile as paths even if they're parallel to the path but we do have to make sacrifices for advancements (ride design, 3-D, special effect scenary, fire works,etc.) and i don't mind making sacrifices as long as they're worth it. For instance, RCT 1 had a spinning coaster car option and flat to steep one square pieces. But when you installed Corkscrew follies (or loopy landscapes, I can't remember which) the option for spinning coaster cars was no longer available (personally i thought think that the spinning coaster cars were cool) but the steel twister and wooden twister and suspended looping coaster and other coaster elements (banked turns for wooden coasters), scenery, the option to have alternate paint schemes, and covered stations were. Even though the spinning coaster was cool, i think it was worth losing it to have the options available in the expansion packs. Another example is the fact that the junior coaster can't do steep hills anymore in Rct 2, but i think it was worth losing that option for all the new options and more detailed coasters of RCT 2. (i still like Rct 1 i just haven't found the disk so i can't install it on my new computor) Hopefully, the sacrifices in Rct 3 are made up for with more options, like sandbox mode, which sounds sick.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Have you seen some of the screens of architecture that people have been releasing? The parkmaking aspect looks okay... . but its never going to be like RCT 2.
  • posix%s's Photo

the 3D is sacrificed for simiplicity, which, IMO played a crucial role in the success of the predecessors.

thank you.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo

Thats true Moon, but the 3D is sacrificed for simiplicity, which, IMO played a crucial role in the success of the predecessors.  Also, what about park file sizes?  If park files sizes are too big, then the game loses its "community" luster being people can only share parks with screens.  I feel the game itself looks quite incredible, but not for the same qualities that RCT1 and RCT2 possess.

Hello.

God bless AIM File Transfer...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I.U.H., you can use one post to some up all those quotes instead of doing it in a bunch of different replies. Just to let you know. ;)

Also, my general feeling is that most people have been satisfied with the game, but they probably won't use it for parkmaking. What's negative about that? It's just a statement. The game is awesome in some ways and limited in others. I don't really see a real pessimistic tone here.

SA... no need go mad on the guy. :D

Overall, I think the feeling is pretty upbeat for the game. And personally, I think people WILL start parkmaking in RCT 3 (though not as drastically as RCT 2 attracted converts) after we see some nice stuff. And I guarantee you we will see some really nice stuff. The great thing about RCT 3, IMO, is that given the limitations, people will have to be much more creative again, sort of like in RCT 1. That will bring out some great stuff.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    I wont be parkmaking straight away, thats f0 sh0.

However, give it time, im sure loads of parks will be churned out.
    Remember, top notch parks didnt start firing out as soon as RCT1 came out. But with RCT2, it was a familiar engine so the parkmaking side was easy, but no fun was added to the game.

There is a whole wealth of new options available with the new game. You cant expect to know it all straight away just because you've played the previous titles, this is a completely different kettle of fish.
    Yeah, probably, but it'll take a year or so before someone really figures out how to do something really awesome with the game. I think we are going to find the limits on ride building in Rct 3.
    Also, it didn't look like we are going to be able to create underground rides (which will really suck :@ )
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Look what SA could do within days of playing only the demo!

That is quite awesome IMO.
  • hesaid%s's Photo
    I'm guessing file sizes will only be a bit bigger than RCT2 ones, as there is no custom scenery to export etc. Maybe about 2mb?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    ive tried the demo and i cant say im as excited as i was at first,i doubt ill even bother getting the game now.1 thing im unsure about tho is why if they are going full 3d do they not have decent renders of track,rct has always annoyed my how elements look from certain angles.The other thing is to do with the 3d cam,instead of just rendering what you could see before and riding,why are the coasters not rendered properly to the quality of NL or better instead of just making the view smooth and the track jerky as fuck
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    To be honest, I've completely forgot about RCT3. I realised there are things where my money would be better suited. I find RCT2 fun anyway. I shan't be splashing out on a new game where all that is new is that it is in 3d.
    Well there are new coasters and we can break limits that we had in rollercoasterdesigning in rct 2. I think that if people actually start regarding rct3 seriously as a game and not just some hokey 3d update that loses stuff, people will start pulling off some cool stuff :devil:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading