Related Games / RCT 3 Graphics

• coasterfrk%s's Photo
    OK, the water, shadows, and sky aren't showing up with the detail that I've seen in some of the pictures shown in the sticky thread above. The water is just kind of blue and shows rocks underneath, the sky is just white, and the only 'shadows' that appear are from the shaping of the land and not from rides or trees. Would this just mean I have a mediocre video card...one that works well enough to play but not well enough to show the full potential of the game/demo?
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Tis true.

The better your graphics card, the more options available to you.
    EG: I had a GeForce 2, I could only have really basic settings, then when I upgraded to a GeForce 5500MX or something like that, I could use the water reflection tool & a few other options.

Infact the difference was so bad, that I couldnt build Helixes, and the on ride music wouldnt work, when I was using a GeForce 2.

I shall only be using this GeForce 5500MX temporarilly though, as Im currently upgrading my computer month-by-month. This month I bought the above GPU, a DVD ROM, and a 512MB stick of RAM (I currently have 1GB, hopefully more by next month), next month Im getting a new Processor & Motherboard, maybe some more RAM. Finishing off with either a new Monitor or a new GPU for christmas with a new case and some mods.
  • MDupont%s's Photo
    Yes indeed, a better graphics card = great graphics in games. Don't feel bad however, I bet the game is still pretty fun.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading