Related Games / RCT3 Patch

• TheGuardian%s's Photo
    here is the info, in case you guys haven't noticed yet.

http://www.frontier....s/rct3/faq.html

its supposed to i think, help stop crash's, lags and some stuff. perhaps even make peeps a little smarter maybe.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Man, that whacked down my hopes for this game. I'll wait a bit to get it. :rolleyes:
    That's pretty pathetic for Frontier. They release a buggy game they put on the shelves today.
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    They should have had this stuff in the original game! And they still won't let you tunnel rides like in the first two.
  • zach%s's Photo
    You know...yes, i am pissed that this game was released with bugs, but you have to give frontier/atari some credit. They really want this game to succeed.
  • Rockman89%s's Photo
    The beta version is available now.
    Clicky for DL
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

In addition, a cheat is present in both the retail game and Update #1 BETA, whereby renaming any peep John Wardley removes all height restrictions.

Cool!
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    if you name a person "Frontier" nothing ever breaks down.

want to drive a buggy through your park? name a person "James Hunt"

i know a few other ones, if you want to know you'll have to look and or ask.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure re-naming a Peep Andrew Thomas allows those fast chain speeds.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I think the code for that is David B____ (forgot the rest of his name)...
  • zach%s's Photo
    question....in sandbox mode, how do you keep your staff from quitting?
  • CP Freak Jon%s's Photo

question....in sandbox mode, how do you keep your staff from quitting?

That's the one major problem I've been having since I installed the patch...
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    Does the patch fix the problem where you upload a design without the selected coaster type and it works, but the game crashes? I just figured that out. The one other question I have is this: Why do your shops break down?!!
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo

Why do your shops break down?!!

Maybe because they ran out of what they're selling....?
    That's pretty unrealistic when in real life the shops get supplies every week maybe.

I'm not getting this game till I see some real EFFORT put into RCT3, more than a dumb Sims Expansion or some crappy money-milker games from EA. I want some real, some Beta testers finding bugs in the game BEFORE release, not after. Devolpers who put all their determination into what they're making like Ensamble Studios who made Age of Mythology, and had it come out near-flawless. One or two small details overlooked, and patched accordingly-and it still played great without patches.
    THAT'S the kind of game I want off the rack.

But with Atari stealing all those Microsoft older games(Pandora's Box, and Age of Empires, for example) and slapping their name on it to make some money is pretty pathetic. You can tell-it has the Microsoft Games logo and all that. 8@
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Has anyone had problems with their "Cheat Codes" for unlimited heights, lift speeds etc. not working. Mine worked fine last night. But tonight....nada. I can't make ultrafast launces with the chain lifts anymore, and a specific dark ride I am building cannot be edited now, as if I do, then I can't reset the chain speed to what it was last night.

Any help?
  • zach%s's Photo
    the frontier one to make rides not break down works....

and thats all that ive tried.
    so i dont care about mechanice (<<what? MECHANICS) quitting....but the janitors and security guards...now thats a problem.

Edited by Zach, 04 November 2004 - 10:07 PM.

• TheGuardian%s's Photo
    I don't know about you, but i train my people (all of them) and with Mechanics atleast give them a ten doller raise, and they stay. I think if you don't train your workers, they're more or less you and I without any training being a policeman or a janitor. you don't really know what your doing and then your job just becomes more stressful. it works for me.
  • zach%s's Photo
    can you do this in sandbox mode as well?
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    yes, on the far right of the employees (pic) in the list of workers their is a small plus and a small minus. click the plus and some new things will pop up. such as:

How much you pay them
    What Percentage of their time is breaks
    Discipline them (thats the hand over the peep pick use it only if AFTER you train and give them a raise they still don't do their job)
    then you got a College Grad cap, it has three empty holes just go ahead and click to feel each one.

For me it works, because your employees are trained and they're not so stressed out in trying to do their jobs.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading