General Chat / Official NBA 2005 Playoffs Thread

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Hey, there's something else going on tonight as well!!! :D

The Champion Pistons started off their season on the right foot with a nice 87-79 win over the new look Rockets. The Mavs outscored the Kings behind a huge 33 pts for Dirk Nowitzki (that's gonna help Iris in fantasy basketball).

Meanwhile, the big surprise (for me) and nicety is the Lakers, who are up 50-31 over the new look Nuggets, who are definitely struggling. Leading the way for the Lakers is... CHRIS MIHM????? Yeah. The guy is putting up Shaq-like numbers... 19 pts at the half.

Maybe this season will turn out better than we all though in Lakerland... I certainly hope so.

Lakers 4 LIFE!!!! :D

Discuss your fav teams here. Fatha can also tell us which Texas team he's rooting for this year (in case we're not looking at the standings at the time :p).
  • ECC%s's Photo
    The pistons were scaring me in the preseason (3-5, I think), but the regular season looks like it will go better.

GO PISTONS!!!
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Going a little weird for me at the beginning... Yao with 24 pts, 19 rebs, and 9 TO's! What on earth is that! LOL. I just lost TO's right there.

EDIT: Wait, that's his scores for this week... lol.

I'm glad I put Jamison high on my list, 34 points from him, and Hill added 20. When I started watching the Heat game, I thought Butler might hit 40! Too bad he only ended with 16... :(

(just thought i'd make this a NE league discussion too. :p )
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I love basketball but Its not shown over here in the UK much all I get to watch is one match a week
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ugh... Lakers got DESTROYED last night.

:'(

And the Clippers are undefeated!!!! :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :lol:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Eh. Tough loss for the Celtics, last night. But I think we have a little promise for the season. They should make the playoffs, which is always cool.

And the Lakers lost worse which is awesome.

Yeah, I said it. Corky and I are now in a state of war until April.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Although the Spurs started out slow last night, they picked it up and won against the Kings. Manu and Timmy played great. Looks like a great season ahead.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Rockets still gelling, may take a month or so. After the All-Star break, look out!

The Jazz are better than i ever thought (Kirelenko is a bona-fide superstar).

The Wolves, Pistons, and Spurs all have gotten slightly better.

The Nuggets are impressive, but not intimidating.

The Clippers are a fluke, they will lose.

The Lakers are terrible (Sorry Cork, no center in the West??? OUUUCCH)

The Mavs may have gotten better. Go figure.

The Hornets are abso-fucking-lutely horrible.

The Hawks.... see above.

The Bobcats.... se above.

Gonna be a good season!
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Bobcats don't look too terrible. They beat the Magic.

Spurs beat the Lakers last night. Rivalry doesn't seem the same without Shaq though.
  • MachChunk 2%s's Photo
    Jazz are killing everyone. Every game beating there oppenent by 20 and up!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Seriously... what the hell? They're surprising everyone AGAIN!!!!

Kudos to Sloan and Co. though. This is insane.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Yeah. They are pretty fun to watch too.

The Spurs lost to the Sonics on Sunday. Shouldn't have happened. :@
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Damn! That was close... nearly blew a 33 point lead!

Of course, Indiana also nearly blew a 19 point lead, but that was against Minnesota.

Anyway, the Lakers have to beat the teams they're supposed to beat if they're to make the playoffs, and so far, they have. Onwards to winless Memphis tonight, who I hope will stay that way!
  • MachChunk 2%s's Photo

Seriously... what the hell?  They're surprising everyone AGAIN!!!!

Kudos to Sloan and Co. though.  This is insane.

Agreed, Sloan is my vote for Coach of the Year. Glad to have them as my home team. :p
  • Micool%s's Photo

Anyway, the Lakers have to beat the teams they're supposed to beat if they're to make the playoffs, and so far, they have.  Onwards to winless Memphis tonight, who I hope will stay that way!

Ah, the naivity of the Lakers fan. :lol:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Shaddup.

:'( I came in with low expectations, so it's not crushing if the Lakes don't make the playoffs. I'm still hoping they do, though, or else Kobe's ass will be on the fire.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    What do you guys think about this Ron Artest thing?
  • MachChunk 2%s's Photo

What do you guys think about this Ron Artest thing?

Douche. Trying to be a rapper. :lol:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Not to jinx this, but WOW. Remember when Grant Hill was the Tim Duncan of the NBA (in terms of solid production)?

Yeah... I think he's back.

In other news, despite the weird shit happening like the Red Sox winning the World Series, when it comes to LA's civil war battles, it's still Lakertown. Hell, did anyone catch Kobe's dunk? That was schweet (it's on the ESPN Motion side bar; you only need Flash to watch the recap).

And how about the shocking Seattle Sonics? They've won 8 in a row and are in first place. Granted, they start off great every year, but shouldn't they go on some seven game losing streak right about now? Instead, they haven't lost since an opening day defeat to... the Los Angeles Clippers.

Anyway, this season is already proving to be pretty exciting, with a lot more balanced league in over half a decade and lots of great teams.

I love this game.

(seriously... watch that dunk)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    So.
    Who saw all hell break loose in Detroit?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading