(Archive) Advertising District / Wraith

• FearIV%s's Photo
    Never got around to posting any of my work in RCT1 and RCT2, but i thought I would actually start participating now that I plan to actually finish my work with the introduction of RCT3.

I haven't finished too much of this coaster yet. Actually, I haven't started the coaster itself yet. However, here are some screens of the main entrance. Hopefully I'll be able to get part of the coaster done soon. I'll keep you guys updated. I have a lot of plans for this coaster, so it may take some time to actually finish it. These are pretty early pics.. but i thought you guys might like to see some fresh RCT3 work. Let me know what you think, still trying to get used to this game since I didn't play RCT2 as much as the first RCT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • FearIV%s's Photo
    Just letting you guys know this project isn't dead... I have found out that trying to make an interactive ride like I'm planning is about as demading as building an entire park in the previous rct's. Here are some unfinished pics of the station I've been working on..... I have a ways to go with this one, but at least its something to show you guys..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • JKay%s's Photo
    The scenery interaction is cool, but as I've said before, it seems that RCT3 is making this look good and not so much the parkmaker. I'm becoming less and less enthuzed with RCT3 mainly because of the extremely cartoonish appearance of the scenery and the over-done, somewhat replusive textures. I still appreciate efforts like this tho. Keep it up.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    That castle looks excellent, and the coaster interacts with it nicely.
    Keep it up man, it's looking mighty fine.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I like it. The entrance are needs a little more archy around it, some of the buildings look plain and un-detailed around the park entrance. the coaster looks very good with good archy, ect. Maybe adding a little more foliage around the park. And variate the terrain a bit more. good job
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    the pink coaster r0x0rz
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

My only suggestion is to put some more lights near the ride.
    Looks cool so far though.

JKAY
    The point of RCT 3 IMHO IS to glorify the rides mainly and focus less on theming. Though that might not SEEM like a good thing, to someone like me who sucks at theming and is good at ride-making, this is a godsend.

In all, it's still a decent game with a lot of graphical flexibility. Expansions with more scenery should fix a lot of random problems.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Rage%s's Photo
    I love the coaster and your buildings especially the lone mill type structure on the hill in the first screen. Looks quite spooky like the setting for a slasher flick. Loving how the coaster interacts with the castle but could we see some more pictures of it's layout?
    Your castle doesnt look to shabby either! :scarface:
  • FearIV%s's Photo
    everything i've posted is far from finished.. so don't worry guys... just wanted to see what kind of comments i would get from what i've done so far... and actually they dont seem too bad considering i havent themed anything outside my paths or buildings lol.. let alone landscape around by buildings....

The castle is still really far from being finished.. took a very long time to create the innards of it.. something you didnt have to worry about in rct 1 and 2... and yes the castle is decorated and contains some architecture inside as you ride through it... the biggest problem im running into is there just arent that many castle pieces in rct3... and im trying to come up with a way to make the outside i little more appealing.. but so far i cant find another texture set that goes along with it very well. i'm doing everything i can to make a ride in rct3 that looks and rides good.

Oh yeah.. chances are I'll change the coaster colors... the main reason there pink and blue is because it made it much easier to make out as i was building the castle around it.. Or should I change them lol?
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I love the coaster interaction... Beautiful.
    And Raven, I think you were spot on!
  • FearIV%s's Photo
    Yes......... still working on this coaster...... since I haven't updated in awhile.. here are a couple photos of a half finished building I've been working on the past couple nights. Oh yeah... I went ahead and changed the coaster color to something close to what I plan to use when I release this ride.. enjoy. Remember.. I'm saving all my landscaping etc. etc. for later... so don't worry.. it'll be there eventually.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I absolutely LOVE that last screen, even though i dont like the game. Its mainly the fact i can imagine myself being on that flyer, flying with the broken walls/rubble close under me.

Keep this up man.
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    Every thing is excelent exept the coaster color...
    when I hear the word "Wraith" I think about black...
    not light blue and defently not pink.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Holy crap thats good! And holy crap! Your screen res, tis huge! What is it? And what card are you using?

-Ryan
  • FearIV%s's Photo

Holy crap thats good! And holy crap! Your screen res, tis huge! What is it? And what card are you using?

-Ryan

I have my game running in 1600x1200 res with everything set at max. I have a geforce 6800 gt.

btw MudBlood.. Maybe I'll use grey for the supports.... I guess it all depends how it looks after I've finished theming everything. I'll probably end up using the black track for sure though.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Those last two screens look amazing.

I can already picture myself diving into the building like that.
  • RedBrain%s's Photo
    realitic RCT3. great!
    but I think rct3 is so commonness.
  • FearIV%s's Photo
    I was wondering if you guys think this project is worth my time.... Would you guys rather have a fairly decent coaster... or have me spend the amount of time i currently have on this ride... Honestly... what I have planned might actually take 3 more months.. if not longer.. but... i can pretty much guarantee you the best ride experience you've ever had in this game if I continue as I have.
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo

i can pretty much guarantee you the best ride experience you've ever had in this game if I continue as I have.

Give it a go, I would say when I read this. :D
  • Fenix%s's Photo
    This is some really great work for Rct3. This is probably one of the only parks, being advertised, with great ride and scenery interaction. Fantastic work, keep it up.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading