RCT Discussion / I'm advertising something I just found

• Meretrix%s's Photo
    Go to my webshots archive (link through the Enchanted Kingdom thread).

I have just discovered HOW to make the massive parks we all want...AND be able to build on ANY part of said map (even the exits and entrances I was having so much trouble with).

For those that already know how to do this....why didn't someone post this earlier? And to those that are bummed about sandbox mode being so small....seems like the Scenario Editor is the way to go.

I have three screens detailing how to do this "park transformation" in the archive.

I hope this info is helpful. It sure as hell makes me a whole lot more relieved.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    yeah...I knew about that option...but I thought it was common knowledge, so I didn't post about it. Sorry.

supertrooper
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Thanks! I haven't been fiddling with the game too much, so this I did not know.

http://community.web...215343929wPnPDT

Direct link for the lazy.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

You are in fact a LIFE SAVER...

I had to restart my park, but i got only about 30 minutes worth of work done to it. I will remeasure now and make my 250x250 park now. Cheers for the Mistress of bad movies!

Thanks B!

Raven-SDI
    §
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    OK. I had a major breakthrough. I discovered how to build within the entire 254x254 park in Scenario Editor. You're correct - initially you can't build a ride with entrances and exits outside the original 132x132.

Until you do the following:

1. Open Scenario Editor

2. Open scenario that you already increased the map size and owned all the land previously

3. Turn the fence ON (I randomly chose laser fence)

4. Go to the Own land dialog again and own the rest of the park again. You'll notice the fence expanding as you grid-over and own land.

5. To test this, I saved the scenario again, closed the game, restarted RCT3, opened scenario from the Play/Custom Scenario routine and was able to build anything with entrances and exitsin all four corners of the 254x254 park.

Enjoy.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading