(Archive) Advertising District / Fooz steps out of the shadows..

• Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    And as We wind on down the road, Our shadows taller than our souls,

Posted Image

There walks a lady we all know,

Posted Image

Who shines bright light and wants to show,

Posted Image
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Ooh, looks very nice. Detailed, as I expected, and very minute. I like how the building towers over the path, but remains detailed on the sides.

But

What IS all that stuff? I guess I'll never really adjust to this foreign-ness. :'(
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    Now thats just fucking sweet. I have to buy this damn game finally. Foozy, you have made me a believer. Except, I don't like that broken down stage coach thing in the middle of the path at the bottom of the screen. It looks kinda out of place.
  • Brent%s's Photo

Ooh, looks very nice. Detailed, as I expected, and very minute. I like how the building towers over the path, but remains detailed on the sides.

But

What IS all that stuff? I guess I'll never really adjust to this foreign-ness. :'(

Mainly Toon's stuff that he most likely was personally given because of his greatness in building... and stuff.

Lucky you.

Not so lucky me. And others.

Anyways, screen looks mighty fine. Not as good as Toon's, but still quite nice. I'm kinda lost on words other than those because there's just like, not a lot going on, but then again there is. It's weird. But good. Lots of custom scenery. Yummy.

:l33t:
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    To clear things up, this is a teaser. This portion of the park is the lead-up to the entrance, which is why the buildings are very flat and closed looking.

Once I get past the entrance, I can open up my works a ton, so dont take ths as a complete testament to my skills.

but yes, enjoy this little present.
  • Micool%s's Photo

Once I get past the entrance, I can open up my works a ton, so dont take ths as a complete testament to my skills.

Honestly, whatever happened to a little humility. 8@ ;)

Really though, it could help if we didn't have every established parkmaker going around hinting at their greatness. I'm not singling you out, Fooz, of course. Jokers like Pyro and Cork do it in jest, and I find it hilarious at times, but some other people need to get an ego check, a lot more then Foozy does, I'll say that.

Again, I am singling you out.

I mean, I'm not :D

From Fooz- Yikes Micool, just telling people not to take a teaser as final word, and since this park will take a while, any misconceptions will linger around. Plus, I honestly beleive in what I said, as I cut myself off path-interaction here.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I like the feel of it. It reminds me of the entrance plaza of Tokyo Disney Sea. How large is the park going to be?
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Great screen! But damn you for showing scenery I haven't even shown yet ;) Seriously tho, the reason Foozy has the scenery is that he is one of my testers and has seen the park. It's always nice to see my stuff put to such great use!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, lets see. The trees suck. The flowers are ugly. The walls contain random textures that make no sense. That THING in the path is obtrusively ugly. The dandelions are overused. The trees are all the same. The ghost train looks terrible.

Wait, those aren't in that screen?

I must have been blinded by its greatness.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, let me me show you why Foozy is the #1 RCT 2 parkmaker.
    *points toward screenshot above*
    Look at the detail just in the two buildings alone. The zest in the first one screams Mexican, and even if it's not meant to do that, it's very festive in its own vernacular way. The second building echoes Toon's tremendous Lighthouse of Alexandria, only dumbed down a bit because it's just an entrance building. Nevertheless, there's more detail in those two buildings alone than I've seen in whole parks (well, mainly just those two rushed H2H parks in week 10, but still).

I'll say the only thing that looks odd is the wheelbarrow like thing in the middle, but add some buildings on the other side and that problem's down the drain. I just hope you realize that the first building's roof is a bit incomplete on the left side. I really like how you've managed to establish some incredible atmosphere already with minimal use of vegetation and flowers. That's really hard, but it just shows the incredible expertise of the detail. The cactus out of the pot is only one example. In this one reduced screenshot alone, you've created an amazingly high threshhold that you must maintain (and will), and you've already created a guaranteed Spotlight-in-the-making.

10 stars.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Honestly, whatever happened to a little humility. 8@  ;)

Really though, it could help if we didn't have every established parkmaker going around hinting at their greatness. I'm not singling you out, Fooz, of course. Jokers like Pyro and Cork do it in jest, and I find it hilarious at times, but some other people need to get an ego check, a lot more then Foozy does, I'll say that.

Again, I am singling you out.

I mean, I'm not :D

From Fooz- Yikes Micool, just telling people not to take a teaser as final word, and since this park will take a while, any misconceptions will linger around.  Plus, I honestly beleive in what I said, as I cut myself off path-interaction here.

Here's how I think of the ego thing.

Some people have that big ego. Butter and Nate, for example. That's not necessarily bad. I mean, Frank Lloyd Wright's ego was the size of J-Lo's ass (yeah... THAT big).

Then you have medium people like me and Pyro and the others. You might count Fatha here, since he's always joking, but whatever.

And then, to balance the Nates and Butters of the world, you have people who down themselves repeatedly. Like Mantis and X-Sector.

So it works out in the end.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    it´s certainly detailed, but #1 parkmaker material? i think not. It´s nice, it has a nice feel, but u´ll have to convince me with more screens ;)
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    It's amazing how 98% of that is made of custom scenery,
    (Changing times)
  • posix%s's Photo
    Gah, what is this?!
    Age Of Empires2 ?!

I hate it.
    Now hate me, Foozy.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Well, im gonna be the first to say this and nobody is going to like it.

I dont see whats so special. (aside from toons scenery)

Sure it is nice, but not what people have built it up to be. #1 RCT parkmaker? I think SAC is the better (the best to be honest)

But saying that, there realy isnt much to comment on.

So im gonna finish by saying I do like it alot, however you need to impress me more to be classed as the #1 RCT2 parkmaker. Deffiently looking forward to new screens. :yup:
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I think its ugly...

The spanish windows on the darker building are bad, they dont look good and the balconie is okish...but the steps on the top are out of place.
    The cart on the path is really bad, an extremely un rct-ish object...the flags make the building look bad too.

The second piece..is okish..the onion roof is out of place, so does the grey cross.

:)
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    That screens is just amazing. You already showed quite some potential whit that Thunderbolt thing, but this is just great.

I can't wait to see some more.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I've been trying to get Toon's scenery for weeks! How did you bribe him? Tell me your secrets!
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    The actual screen itself doesn't bother me, in fact it looks really nice, and the atmosphere is great, however I really don't like the fact that it doesn't really look like RCT anymore. Granted, Toon's scenery is the best out there, and he has made them so they look like they fit in RCT, but put together like that. taken out of context, it's really difficult to see anything related to RCT whatsoever. It could be another game for all we know.

That is why I don't like the screen.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Without toon's scenery you would be lost.
  • Micool%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Gah, what is this?!
    Age Of Empires2 ?!
    [/font]

Aah, that's exactly what I wanted to say. I don't hate it so much, I can see the aesthetics of the buildings and I can see the detail, I'm not blind. But I'll leave all the talking to Poss-ace over there. :)

Fooz - It's all good. ;)X

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading