(Archive) Advertising District / Fooz steps out of the shadows..

• JiMeMo%s's Photo
    hmmm, I dont think you used enough custom scenery...
  • iris%s's Photo

Without toon's scenery you would be lost.

No he wouldn't.
    He would just use other scenery. He uses whats available to him. If you dont think he cant make shit without Fooz's scenery, look at Chernobyl, his H2H2, etc.

And SA...you are talking about using Toon's scenery..?
  • ECC%s's Photo
    Foozy's IOA? :it:

Looks goddam beautiful. I count 5 objects that came with the game.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Without my scenery, I'd be lost too. SA, I'm not sure what you're saying, but Foozy definitely has skill at RCT2. As with any great parkmaker, he is just using the tools available to him. The screen would be very different without my scenery, but I'm sure it would still be quality work. Hell I don't think I've seen a park advertised in months (except for Corky's) that doesn't use at least some of my scenery so you'd all be lost without me ;)

Now to address the custom scenery complaints one more time. This is not LL anymore! Without custom scenery RCT2 parkmakers wouldn't be able to work with the detail and intracacy in architecture that to me is what makes RCT2 parks interesting. This is where RCT2 is going and detail is what I feel will separate average parkmakers from the great ones. I try to use as many of the original wall textures as I can, but I'm not averse to expanding on these if I think is looks good. I still like LL, but I really think RCT2 can go places LL was never able to.
  • twister2489%s's Photo
    Toon is right IMO. Give me that scenery now! I really need it! lol.

I wish I had the skill of Toon and Foozy. Foozy... the detail is great and I love the building. It has a really nice style and has some of the best architecture I have ever seen! maybe not the best but it is definately good.
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Hey toon... Where can I d/l the steps I see in that screen and In ur IOA light house screen? I really would like those scenery. Thanks.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Holy fuck. Its beautiful.

Maybe too much custom scenery, but it looks so realistic I could tear my skin off.

Or something...
  • natelox%s's Photo

Some people have that big ego.  Butter and Nate, for example.  That's not necessarily bad.  I mean, Frank Lloyd Wright's ego was the size of J-Lo's ass (yeah... THAT big).

I honestly strive to have no ego. I don't see how anything I have said could have portrayed me this way, and I really don't like to be called egotisical. If you see me as this way, I am sorry, it is definetly not who I am in life, nor is it who I want to be.

and to keep this on topic, that screen is incredible.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Honestly... How did RCT change so much that I can't even recognize what game that is If you didn't look at the toolbars? 8@
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo

Without toon's scenery you would be lost.

Just cuz he is using Toon's scenery doesn't mean jack. Talent is talent now matter what. He is using his resources to the best of his ability.

If Myself, Foozy, Toon, or etc... were to have the same exact custom objects, you would see three different styles of park building.

Anyway I like what I see thus far, nice job.
  • Brent%s's Photo

I've been trying to get Toon's scenery for weeks! How did you bribe him? Tell me your secrets!

He didn't bribe him...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I honestly strive to have no ego. I don't see how anything I have said could have portrayed me this way, and I really don't like to be called egotisical. If you see me as this way, I am sorry, it is definetly not who I am in life, nor is it who I want to be.

and to keep this on topic, that screen is incredible.

Maybe I should rephrase that. You guys may not be egotistical (I don't know you personally, so I really can't judge), but some of your posts can come off as being arrogant.

And SA, RoB uses custom scenery. A lot of it is Toon's. Wouldn't you be lost too? :p

And I said best RCT 2 parkmaker, not best RCT parkmaker. Read, please.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I don't think anyone has commented on Fooz's very clever tag line yet......

"Can I take you to the show?" may very well be the most fantastically simple and wonderful way to advertise a park.

Props to you for that phenomenal intro to what I think will be an "RCT-Epiphany" park.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Actually, he had the epiphany well before he began this park.
  • Alienated%s's Photo
    I like it for the most part, what i dont like is exactly what some others have been saying, it doesn't really have the RCT feel to it. We would be lost without Toon's scenery, and RCT2 wouldn't have gotten as far as it did, but the rooves and other basic items fit into the game better i think, they weren't greatly detailed like these. Just my opinion though.

Nonetheless, i really like the work and i look forward to some more screens.

-Alienated-
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Well Foozy, this is some crazy-ass-shit fo shu.

I mean, wow. I cannot find any catagory to put this in, I think that's the reason alot of people have problems with this park.

Granted, I still don't know what to say - it's just so new to me I am speechless. Anyways that doesn't leave me without comments on the park, some things can be made better.[li]Get rid of that fucking cart, please
    [li]Remove the ivy, it really weakens the theme - breaks it apart to an extent
    [li]Maybe, just maybe change the land underneath the paths, I would be interested to see the effects
    That's pretty much all. I would not mind seeing more flowers to liven it up give it a bit of color.

I still don't think your the number #1 RCT2 playa though. :p ;) :p
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Actually, he had the epiphany well before he began this park.[QUOTE]

Actually, that was probably taken out of context. I meant that the park as a whole would showcase the limitless possibilities of RCT2. Foozy is actually impervious to the "epiphanies" that the rest of us suffer from. But the park, coupled with the bew TT scenery, is destined to take this game to a new and much deserved level.

Cheers on that!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm not sure. I like it on one level (the level that says 'Fooz may be the only person who could put together those scenery pieces like that to make a building like that') but on the other level (the 'that looks cool, i want to be there' level) there isn't much spark.

Oh well.

I prefer the other one you're doing.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I really like the right hand portion of the building (the brown walls) but am not too keen on the larger wooden section. No doubt it shows amazing skills but I would much prefer to see the whole building in the same vein as the right hand portion, then I think it would be truly incredible. As of now it is just excellent...
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Can I take you to the show?

http://forums.nedesi...-1063944692.jpg

Let me be your ever truly, can I make your garden grow? :yup: :yup: :yup:

Anyway, you already know my thoughts. The detail is simply stunning, and the screen is filled with awesome ideas.

9.9/10

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading