(Archive) Advertising District / Fooz steps out of the shadows..

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Well lets put it this way:
    detail: 11/10
    realism:10/10
    Atmosphere: 0/10
    over-all: I don't like it.

The detail level is so damn high i can hardly figure out what i'm looking at, and the cart is horrid. It needs something behind all of it for a background to help calm the condition. It's too much though. Not enough color to generate a decent atmosphere.

The Architectures form, however is borderline perfect for realism and shear ability to hold interest. Needs flowers or something. Just too, um much. There is potentail here but i don't know if it's going to be exploited.

ride6
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    With detail like that, you can take me anywhere lol.

It's nice, for sure. I think we'll have to wait for the whole section to pass comment on the atmosphere, there may well be one which hasn't presented itself yet.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    everytime Toon's scenery are used there's about 3 pages for one screen...notice??
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

everytime Toon's scenery are used there's about 3 pages for one screen...notice??

'Tis not about the scenery, young grasshoppa', but the way the scenery is used and the quality that comes out of it. Remember that.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Ok everyone.

I did get a lot more crap from this screen than I expected, but I do really appreciate the comments I've heard.

One thing though, stop bitching about the use of toon's scenery. You dont have to use it, but I find it much, much better than the game's stuff. Do you think that if I have a choice between two objects, I'm gonna bick the worse one because you feel less alienated? I'm still held back by the scenery limits, and all I have is toon's basic building blocks, and some victorian stuff.

About the "not looking rctish" thing, thats exactly the point. I want to bring something new and life-like to RCT2, and it is not gonna look cartoony. I love detail, I love texture, and I personally love what I've done so far, because it looks like nothing else. I am now using RCT as a 3D modeller made to make a theme park, and if I'm not mistaken, thats what it is. I dont understand everyone's attraction to rules and fairness, as this is an art form. I have toons stuff, and I'll use it where it fits, which is just about everywhere. I dont see how you want everything to look like pyro's. (Who used only toon's fucking peices too, and no-one's on his case).

Now to take comments.

Yeti- stage coach will go.

Meretrix- Maps of 126x126. I'm not sure how many. I'm scared of the scenery limit already. Each of these buildings have tons and tons of peices.

Cork- yess the roof is incomplete, I'm working on a drainage thing, and I realise that the slope part of it is awkward.

Wizard and posix - Yea, changing times. It looks good, and it doesent matter which rules I'm gonna follow.

Voodoo- Why is it special? show me 2 regular buildings you can look at for that long.

Marshy- The flags add life while running the game. I dont think the steps are out of place, personally, I see them as a little bit of adobe work. The onion roof is shaped a little weird, but the other tent is not better. I can see the grey cross problem.

Metal- 2 Posts about the scenery, one of them wantful, one of them spiteful, you just coe off as jealous. The onl screens with toons stuff are his, mine, and toon's, all of which I think are amazing screens.

Coasterwizard - Again, I didnt want it to look like RCT. RCT has been done.

SAC- You make your own scenery, when I'm using what I can get.

Turtle - (I have to come up with new ways of saying this) This is like a japenese artist working on something new and exciting, and having people tell him its not enough like "drawing book" Anime.

Glitch - All of that is taken into heavy concideration, thank you. There isnt a lot of flowers because I want this section of path to be very enclosed, to move the people along to the entrance.

Mantis - I get that, but then again I havent entered the actual park yet.

TPM- The form of the wooden building was the first thing I'd done in RCT in months. It is boring, and I had gotten back into the groove by the second building.

Sircurse - :yup:

Ride6- I really dont understand the atmospere thing, as I can see tons of spanish atmosphere in my own screen. If you're talking about the RCT techniques of path flowers and junk, I'll be starting that in my own way after the entrance.

This concludes a long post. Oh, and I'm in a power out right now, so I'll work more once I'm out of it, and I may show a screen of a completed thing, after all the assmunching I got from this one.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Thanks for the explanation. Clears everything up perfectly.

Thats a really good idea actually...
  • posix%s's Photo
    Right, this is going to be fun.
    There is one building which seems to consist out of 90% custom scenery. ToonTowner made the scenery, I hear? Ok then.
    What did Foozy do? It's just one stupid building. I don't see what's so great about it. Sure it's detailed, the colours look nice maybe but then it's so out of place because of the unreal look it gets through all the custom scenery and RCT2 shit.
    I somehow agree with SA who's using maybe 1/1000000000000 as much custom scenery as Foozy did there, by the way.
    I haven't seen anything from Foozy since Visions so I don't consider him as an oh so great parkmaker as everyone else seems to do. You can't blame me, can you? And if, I don't care.
    Whatever, Foozy. Do your own scenery and prove yourself maybe as a great modeller (or whatever scenery-makers are called) but as for parkmaking. Sorry, but I don't see much of it in there.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    I dont do my own scenery. Some people just cant pay attention. :\

I use what I have to make something I like. Its as simple as that. I'm not so sure what you're concidering parkmaking, but I'm pretty sure I've seen buildings next to path in your parks. How is this any different?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I can speak for myself, and maybe others, but I think that the problem most people are having is that it's just two buildings...it's like when Pyro showed those german-influenced screens. It's difficult to criticise something when you don't really know what it is.

Anyway, PSC is Foozycoaster at his best, Posix. Download - you might even like it :-/
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Manitis - yes, the screen was mostly a gift to those who liked my rct2 architechture, and I didnt expect to get so much whining out of it. I'll make it up to yous guys.

(I'm in a power outage, and this is my only access to a computer for a while, so I'm making all my posts now.)
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    he thinks I'm making fun of his building! wtf?

Metal :elf:
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    This is exactly why I don't play rct2...too much custom scenery to keep track of!

Anyways...I love the building to the right, it is 100% perfect...perfection. The one on the left...uggh. The detail is great, but I just don't like it. And of course, the atmosphere will get in there when more is shown.

:8leg:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    IDEA:

Foozy shows this one screen and never shows another screen publically again. He then submits the park, which wins Super Crazy Mega Ultra Fantastic Spotlight, and everyone's amazed by the detail and excellence of the park and starts kissing Foozy's ass. Foozy breaks his has and thus cannot submit a park for a contest.

Foozy starts another park after his ass heals.
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    Lol.

I think the stuff fooz has got is fairly good. Its very detailed which is the good part but as a whole its not quite doing it for me sorry. Ill have to wait till the next screen.

:et: Turned :et:
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    Show us more and prove to us that we're wrong damn it!
    :angel:
  • Critic%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Right, this is going to be fun.
    There is one building which seems to consist out of 90% custom scenery. ToonTowner made the scenery, I hear? Ok then.
    What did Foozy do? It's just one stupid building. I don't see what's so great about it. Sure it's detailed, the colours look nice maybe but then it's so out of place because of the unreal look it gets through all the custom scenery and RCT2 shit.
    I somehow agree with SA who's using maybe 1/1000000000000 as much custom scenery as Foozy did there, by the way.
    I haven't seen anything from Foozy since Visions so I don't consider him as an oh so great parkmaker as everyone else seems to do. You can't blame me, can you? And if, I don't care.
    [/font]

I'm going to have to agree with that and add on to it that while you may not want it to look like RCT, you shouldn't change the look of thebuilding almost entirely.

The wooden cart is still ugly in my opinion, and I also think that this has been over-credited, because you've showed one screenshot and gotten four pages worth of replies to it. And again, I really don't see the jewel or marvel in the screenshot because it varies too far from RCT, and I just don't see the greatness with it not even looking like the game it's supposed to be.
  • Toon%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Right, this is going to be fun.
    [/font]

I'm going to have to agree with that and add on to it that while you may not want it to look like RCT, you shouldn't change the look of thebuilding almost entirely.

The wooden cart is still ugly in my opinion, and I also think that this has been over-credited, because you've showed one screenshot and gotten four pages worth of replies to it. And again, I really don't see the jewel or marvel in the screenshot because it varies too far from RCT, and I just don't see the greatness with it not even looking like the game it's supposed to be.

The same thing happened when I posted the first screen of IOA. Some liked, some didn't. I know that Foozy was just posting a small screen to announce the project and show a bit of architecture. I'm quite sure it will develop and evolve into something much more than what it is. As for looking like RCT...if you want that look play LL. RCT2 can expand and change the game so open your minds and explore. It doesn't look like LL cuz he doesn't want it to. You don't have to like it, but criticizing it because it doesn't look like a different game isn't fair.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    No, I was criticizing it because it looks like an entirely different game from the genesis of rct1/rct2, and that is why it looks so out of place.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Just further proof that the boundaries of RCT2 are just beginning to be cracked open. I don't think it will take too long until there are people who only make parks using custom scenery. I personally welcome this. I think the "RCT look" is fine, albeit a tad tired. Since there are currently no other "Theme Park Sim Games" (of any quality) on the market, I think it's very cool that so many have decided to "evolve" this current platform on their own terms.

Cheers out. Going to Germany now. ;)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Good point Meretrix.

Ich hoffe, dass Deutschland gefallt ihnen gut. Yeh thats wrong but at least I tried.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading