Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• JKay%s's Photo
    Hey Kumba, you forgot the hack that I (Magnus actually taught me) taught you, which is how to place lamps/benches/bins on invisible path....
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Use path height markers, click them :)

Edited by Richie, 21 November 2005 - 03:43 PM.

• Emergo%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot, Kumba, for this tutorial! :D

Hey Kumba, you forgot the hack that I (Magnus actually taught me) taught you, which is how to place lamps/benches/bins on invisible path....

View Post

^ Oh yes, I would love to know that too!!

(Richie already answered something about that, but sorry, I don't get what you mean..you may be too fast for me :lol: :( .)
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Great hacking tips Kumba. ;) I'm sure I'll be checking back here many times.

-Parkmaker-
  • Richie%s's Photo

(Richie already answered something about that, but sorry, I don't get what you mean..you may be too fast for me :lol:  :( .)

View Post

Build the invisible path, select 'height marks for paths' then when you try to build the benches/lamposts/bins click the number that comes up. It will build them on the invisible path.
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    Thanks Richie. This seems very clear, cannot wait to try it :SA:
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Build the invisible path, select 'height marks for paths' then when you try to build the benches/lamposts/bins click the number that comes up. It will build them on the invisible path.

View Post

Now THAT is handy.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Added a chapter on that, but im gona need Adix to up the limit on images by 2 more so the pics for it will show up. I also added a link to my 1.0 version of hack tips in case anyone wondered about that...
  • PBJ%s's Photo

Mergeing (SoB)
    Posted Image

Most people always ask questions about merging, and it really is very esay.

Step 1 - Put the two parts you want connected right next to each other, then zero clearance with the SoB trainer and build 1 track piece the “wrong” way in the opposite direction of where you want the track to go.
    Posted Image
    Step 2 - After you do that quickly close all open game windows (holding backspace does it really fast) to try and avoid “white glitchs”
    Step 3 - Now go zero the clearance again with the SoB and build forward to where you want it to go and your done.

Note: You will need the coaster that contrals the coaster car to be set on Power lunched mode, or Boat hair mode if you want more then 1 car.

Also there is a way merging can be done with 8Cars that does not seem to leave “white glitchs”, however it takes a lot longer, and I don’t even know how to do it to be honest. A tutorial on that can be found here

Kumba take a look here: http://www.freewebs....lp.htm#53034461

for the merge trick with 8cars ;)
  • Magnus%s's Photo

View Post

don't even remember i taught you how to do that. thanks for mentioning me in here ;)

and this topic just gave me a new idea :)
    thanks
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    what, pray tell, is going on in this hack?

http://a.domaindlx.c...esisrct/st.html
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I can see what it is, and thats a wormhole hack, but I have got no clue what he is saying.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    It's dutch i think. So it's nearly german. :D
    I understand parts of it. But Kumba if you know what it is, why don't explain it here?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    that hack let the train first go forward and then turn around to the other track :) , this is very handy if you want to make a parking for example :) .

the person who has made those tutorials has left the rct community
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    I know myself what it is.
    But don't how to do it.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    the tutorial is (like egg said) in dutch...

maybe i will do a translation... (if i have time)

@ Kumba: do you understand the part of merging with 8cars?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    k, what I will tell you about the wormhole hack is you just build backwards on track to get it, it can be messy tho. I am not to doing this to teach people how to do every hack there is, you need to learn that by trail and error trappers.

Also I could merge with 8Cars if I wanted to.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I don't know if you understand it :) but here is a translation of one of the dutch tut's about it:

to let the train turn we first make a circle with our track.

we remove some pieces of it so we've got a track part that goes to the left and on to the right like this:

we continue with the track at the corner, now we enable Zero Clearence (absolute) and build trough the track part's:

now we restore clearence and change the ride setting, we only change the oparation mode into "boat hire mode" or "lauch mode" .

this is someting you could make with this hack:

Parking

• egg_head%s's Photo
    [COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue]Thank you Levis.

I am not to doing this to teach people how to do every hack there is, you need to learn that by trail and error trappers.

^ I learned all I know about hacking through Trappers, Glitches and Freezes...

Edited by egg_head, 24 November 2005 - 11:06 AM.

• Turtle%s's Photo
    That parking idea is pretty cool, if I understand what's going on correctly. I've never seen it before, anyway...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading