Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Can someone post a tutorial how you make a coaster train go up one track, and travel backward on to another?

Posted Image
    Six Flags Worlds of Excitment by Phatage
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Intamin 1st Generation Freefall Hack Tutorial

Courtesy of MarinersFan59

-Ryan
  • marinersfan59%s's Photo
    although i probably could have made it simpler now that i look at it. maybe a re-write is coming soon. that method will still do it for you though.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    You also can manage it with zero all clearances and build through the track in the same direction. The you have to try to avoid glitches but i think mine is the easier method...
    yeah, there's also this way to do it:
    http://www.gamingext...tnova/index.htm

i've had errors with it, but it does work most of the time. i don't know why it doesn't work all the time, but it's still good.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    and the all-important hack tip, courtesy of midnight aurora:

"Any time you place two of the the same type of track peice (single tile) at the same height, the train transfers to the one that was built first. (It's why merging works.)"

espescially in vertical track. i'm cooking up a ridiculously complicated version of the coaster in that topic.... mostly utilizing this key detail.

although given this sort of "RCT law of physics" how do you make something like a "choose-thine-own-adventure" ride?
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    ^ what's that?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    As far as I know, a "choose your own adventure ride" such as Pyro's Lion King is actually two rides, where the track is mostly on top of each other. The catch is, it won't work with two of the same pieces of track on top of each other, so you have to utilize brakes and boosters to keep the two track types different at all times.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    I don't get it...
    can some one explane to me .... maybe with screens what is going on?
  • Levis%s's Photo

I don't get it...
    can some one explane to me .... maybe with screens what is going on?

View Post

I think he means, to let a train ride over a track which is used by an other train als you need to use two difrent tracks if you want to get them into the good station again :) .
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

As far as I know, a "choose your own adventure ride" such as Pyro's Lion King is actually two rides, where the track is mostly on top of each other. The catch is, it won't work with two of the same pieces of track on top of each other, so you have to utilize brakes and boosters to keep the two track types different at all times.

View Post

there's a way around that last tid bit.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    and by you not mentioning it i'll assume it's not going to be mentioned?
    and egg, Pyro's Lion King ride is here: http://www.nedesigns...spotlight&s=dd4

its amazing.

to elaborate, in case you for whatever reason can't download that park, there is a sprawling area designated for a massive adventure ride. throughout the course of the ride, guests will come to an intersection of tracks, where they choose which path to take in relation to the assosciated themed background story, in this case Disney's The Lion King. in reality, the cars (i assume) randomly select which path to take, but it ends up being a really neat effect, with a ton of different things you can express on one ride. if you want the hero to die, even, you can make that an ending, i.e. a path the car goes down and, say, falls off a cliff and explodes. remind me to do that.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 30 November 2005 - 05:13 PM.

• Phatage%s's Photo

there's a way around that last tid bit.

View Post

there's more than one
  • MDupont%s's Photo
    Hey Kumba, do you know how to change the pixel limit on RCT2? There is this trainer that allows you to choose more than 128 rides in Scenerio Creator mode or whatever it's called (forgot what the trainer is called and cannot find it) and it freezes that amount or something like that. It claims you can choose ALL of the rides (probably only for the Original RCT2 game and not including the Expansion Packs). However, when using with both expansion packs installed, no more scenery or rides can be selected and stops when it says the pixel limit has been passed. So basically, if you can find this, you will be the greastest. Find a way to change the pixel limit. Please.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I don't know how to do that and I dubt it can be done, but try asking Ja227. He has made all the 8Cars trainers and likely knows more about RCT then anyone else who plays the game. Not sure of his E-mail, but he is a member at RCT2.com, maybe try and contact him there?
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I had that trainer that increased the number of possible rides and scenery and such. It didn't work.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    here's a question, lately I've been getting flashes of white bars around my pt park from a certain angle, they just sparatically flash now and then but it gets annoying. The thing is, I've been able to cover them up with scenery, meaning that they have a finite place on the map or something like that. Who can solve this mystery?
    Scooby Doo?

I can't quite picture what you mean. A screen would help, but since it's PT, I doubt you're gonna show one. Sorry I can't help, but maybe if you find another example you can show and I can help lead to the fix?
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    LL or RCT2?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Does this happen around banners?

If it does, I had the same problem with one of my QFTB entries. I didn't find a way round it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading